( search forums )
what happened to the barret.!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
dustin
August 13, 2003, 3:21 am
when i was first introduced to soldat about 8 months ago (then took a 7 month break) it seemed everyone who used the barret were considered good, the ' creme del la creme ' now since i started playing again iv been getting called a n00b w.no skill because i use the barret.!
when did this change happen, when did the ppl who get 1 shot w.a dramtic reload time get called noobs vs. ppl w.50 bullets/quick reload

[V]

N1nj@
August 13, 2003, 3:28 am
lol. someone already discussed this, search the forum. mayb

AerialAssault
August 13, 2003, 3:44 am
it does take skill to use barret, but when someones jsut a natrual sniper and he pops off an expert, the guy is gonna get pissed aand call u a n00b, just ignore him, your the "n00b" that just popped his head

LumpyFerret
August 13, 2003, 6:46 am
SNiper LIIIINEEEEe.

Duke33
August 13, 2003, 7:00 am
THe the sniper line doesnt really help at all

Yeah, basically people dont like people who use a good weapon. Sadly, those people who called barret users n00bs usually cant beat barret users. Those people who just accept it can. I think thats the way of things...

Dark_Noddy
August 13, 2003, 12:17 pm
Sniperline helps for Short distance Shots :D But.. Why should U use a as good as Invisible line 2 aim like 2 feet :D LOL

And I think Duke is rite, Som1 kalling U a Barret n00b id just pissed off coz U can kill him And He cant kill U ! Those Who Shut Up eigther kno thay can kill U or are ppl Who Kno that Training is the best way And accepts that U can OWN in a game from Ur first match :P

3rd_account
August 13, 2003, 1:26 pm
I think most people who calls someone "noob" when killed don't mean it. They are probibly just pissed and want's to type something before spawning. And "noob" is a short word.

And if you replace the original Sniper Line with a 2 pixel thick red line it does wonders. I always run around with my cursor as far away from my soldier as possible, then I'm always the first one to spot the enemy, but stil got the line to aim with in close combat.
The line also makes camping in bumpy terrain easier. Then you can see if the line hits a rock or something that's in the way, so you can adjust your position more accurate and farther away. YOu don't get me do you?

?
August 13, 2003, 6:00 pm
eek camper eek, anyway yeah i don't have a problem with snipers unless they have egos then i got a problem, but mostly its those newbs that say u camp if u throw a nade at their base when u go for their flag

Aquillion
August 13, 2003, 8:31 pm
The Barret suddenly became very overused sometime after 1.05, perhaps in part because that was when the M79 was nerfed -- a lot of former M79-users fled to the Barret, since they needed an overpowered weapon like that to keep their reputations and egos up, and the people already using it had fewer other weapons to fear. The introduction of the 'prone' key also enhanced it considerably; and someone said that the scope was enhanced, though I never really noticed that myself.

In any case, though, if you use the same weapon as everyone else, it's only natural for you to be called names. If you want them to stop, switch to a more obscure weapon, or go to the Suggestions forum and ask that the Barret be made more elitist -- if it wasn't so powerful, few "n00bs" would use it, and nobody would assume that you were one of them.

JayBDey
August 13, 2003, 8:36 pm
^

dustin
August 13, 2003, 8:45 pm
i never did like/use the sniper line, seems like i over/under shot everything, i just like my good ole eyes to do the work :P

Aquillion
August 13, 2003, 9:05 pm
I actually never thought the sniper line was any good myself, but it could be in part to blame for the increased number of people using the Barret. Some less experienced players might think it helps them, and the Barret is the most logical weapon for people under that misconception to turn to.

Since most people's opinion of such players would definately lean towards "n00b", this sudden influx of line-using Barret-wielders could also contribute towards the misperception of all other Barret-users.

At first I thought that the line was just useless and therefore not worth debating over, but if it's engendering that much bad blood (while remaining useless) then perhaps it should be taken out. Certinally I've never heard of anyone here who would miss it...

Lying prone and increased places to hide were the other things implemented since your 7 month break, but they are more useful game features, so they would be better balanced out then removed. Perhaps something like an X-ray vision powerup... Hmm, maybe I'll suggest that.

JayBDey
August 13, 2003, 9:30 pm
no-fire when not crouched/prone would solve all the barret problems.

BManx2000
August 13, 2003, 9:56 pm
And I thought people HATED campers! I guess you don't though, judging by your "problem solver".

Retribution
August 13, 2003, 10:12 pm
How do I turn on this so called sniper line?

kkazican
August 13, 2003, 10:52 pm
You turn on the sniper line through options. Geeze does no one look there anymore? Although I would highly advise you to not use it seeing how it is just a straight line and doesn't follow the curve of the barret shots.

Also crouching and proning would get a lot of the barret users out but then we'd have all the barret users flooding to the m79 and ruger. All the barret users that keep using the barret would turn to camping and then you'd get even more POed than now.

JayBDey
August 13, 2003, 11:18 pm
Camping is a good strategy with the Barret. It's the only way it should be used.

KiLLBoT
August 13, 2003, 11:24 pm
i dont think anything has happened to the barret, there have always been sore losers and always will be.i use DE's and dont have any problem wutsoever with the barret cuz ive tried to use it myself and i cant so it does take a certain level of skill....... the only thing that gets me about it is in a 1 on 1 they can just camp and take me out cuz i cant get em with my DE's from across the map [V]

dustin
August 13, 2003, 11:28 pm
i dont really think the barret should be changed, or the prone feature taken out, but i am strongly against camping, thats the most annoying thing in the world, maybe a timer on the prone feature, 5 secs or something like that, i mainly use the prone if im chasing someone so ill prone and shoot, or just a quick check to see if anyone is coming, but as far as all out camping goes..it sucks as do the ppl who do it, i mainly run around and play as normal w.my barret just as if i would have any other gun
but i belive i will suggest the timer on the prone

morpheus
August 13, 2003, 11:48 pm
something i've never really understood is when you're just standing there for a few seconds you starting scratching your head, but if you're prone you're good to go no matter how long you lay there.

Duke33
August 14, 2003, 12:08 am
Jesus Christ....guys, save it for the barret discussion. Remember that one? 16 pages? Read through that and you'll see all the suggestions. Its moved to the Bash Pit now, but look. It would save time, because believe me, everything that can be said for both sides has been said.

Personally, i feel that the barret should be kept as it is, as it is very easy to defeat it you know how to....

Topi
August 14, 2003, 12:45 am
I Agree with Duke33.

kkazican
August 14, 2003, 12:54 am
Yeah right now it's good and doesn't need changing. You just gotta know how to handle barret users. Remember people they aren't as godly as some people make them out to be.

enjoyincubus
August 14, 2003, 1:15 am
It's great to hear some forum n00bs to tell us what barret users are and aren't. I'm glad someone is here to set us straight...without them, I don't think we could live on much longer. But, thankfully, they are here to spread their 2 week wisdom to us all, and for that, we owe them our lives. Thank you, n00bs...we are eternally in your debt. [:D]

I would say "No, but seriously" and continue on, but I'm finding it a bit hard to be serious with all these people making me laugh...

No, but seriously, there's never been a problem with the barrett...obviously, it made it through the first version, and it's been in for a long time with no real complaints. Lately, I've heard a bunch of moaning and groaning about "the barrett's too strong!" or whatever. Come on, it's always been that way. That's the equivelent of saying "the sun's too bright...wtf, turn it down a little". Well, the native Americans somehow survived for thousands of years in the sun. They had sprawling civilizations with over 25 million natives in the early 1500's. They didn't have apartment buildings, or air conditioned housing. This is a poor "enlightened european" idea brought by the Spaniards and the Portuguese, and eventually the British, French, and Dutch too. I think I'll compare that event to you guys coming from your "enlightened Counterstrike" game and thinking this should be just like that. Just remember, you guys have your AWP WH0RES. Everyone has their downfalls, and I'd just like you to keep yours to yourself. Thank you for your time...but I doubt any n00b would read that...that would take a brain and a minute of your "very busy" time...:-/

Enjoy

N1nj@
August 14, 2003, 2:37 am
dude, dont diss CS. awp is part of the game, and i respect it. just like the barret in soldat.

and you seems to know your history stuff. (nerds, j/j)

enjoyincubus
August 14, 2003, 3:24 am
I just vaguely remember joining a game of CS, and saying to myself, "hey, this weapon's pretty good..." and then hearing "/-\ \/\/ |= \/\/ |-| 0 |2 3 wTf g0 AwAyZz *$n00b$*" or something like that. Sorry, not a fan of stuff I can't understand (mind you, I can interpret what it means, but I don't see it's use), and can't be explained to me.

I just want people to STFU about the barret, because I can tell you that it will never leave Soldat, or if it does, I GUARANTEE that all the vets will throw a fit and leave too. Well, all that use Barret. :P

Enjoy

dustin
August 14, 2003, 3:57 am
i for one hope the barret never leaves (although the m79 could and id never miss it :P) but it just seems like theres to many ' kids ' playing this game and thinking that they some type of god and know it all so ill end this post like i did my other one:

and instead of replying to me saying ' jo0 m0/\/\/\/\4 ' just msg me and we'll set up a 1-1 DM and settle it there if anyone has a problem

mods: you can lock this topic if you wish, this will just be back and forth ranting

Camping_Carl
August 14, 2003, 4:05 am
Only the masters are aloud to use the barret unlike you.

dustin
August 14, 2003, 4:25 am
ok then carl, sounds like a challenge to me, msg me and we'll set up a game, unless your going to back down ;]

Duke33
August 14, 2003, 5:01 am
Yeah. Honestly, I have never seen the point of moaning over the barret. In fact, i find fighting against the barret far easier than fighting against some other guns. All you got to be able to do is dance nicely (if you get what i mean) and then once they've missed they are dead. However, with other guns, they spray all over, and you cant dodge all of them. So, as long as you can dodge bullets and anticipate snipers, they are far easier than a deagle master, or a AK master. See?

Anyway, just lock the topic, please mods. I dont want another 16 page argument. Too much time..

Tweak896
August 14, 2003, 5:57 am
i usually ignore them...........bescause its usually a noob calling you a noob :)

JayBDey
August 14, 2003, 6:27 am
I think most people are missing the real problem, over use of the Barret. Go to any server and see. Most people, over half, will be using the Barret. For WHATEVER reason, it is being over used. Something must be done to reduce the amount of people using it. So, by making it a camper only weapon (a valid and useful strategy) all the n00bs who use it for assaulting will leave it for other guns.

Saying just deal with it and learn to live it is missing the point. We shouldn?t have to, no gun should be so popular as to force everyone to adjust the way they play around it. It isn?t balanced, and the amount of people using it is a proof to that.

Camping_Carl
August 14, 2003, 8:31 am
haha i dont read private messages there so just talk to me on msn duh!?

Duke33
August 14, 2003, 9:23 am
There are, as i see it, one main arguments for keeping the barret as it is.

1. The barret is only effective if in the hands of a experienced persion--ie, a pro. A pro, in order to reach that status, has to train with and use his weapon alot. However, pros are a minority, and newbs are in a majority. Newbs, aka n00bs are people who cannot use a weapon effectivly and are easy to kill. Of course, there are shades of grey and so on, but thats it. Now, out of that 'over half' amount of people in a server, a majority are newbs, and easy to kill and defeat. Hell, most of them cant even aim. That is the way of it for me, anyway.

Aside from that, as i have said before, you just have to adopt the correct tactics and move in the right ways, and any barret user, pro or not, is usually not super hard prey.

quote:originally posted by Aquillon
Saying just deal with it and learn to live it is missing the point. We shouldn?t have to, no gun should be so popular as to force everyone to adjust the way they play around it. It isn?t balanced, and the amount of people using it is a proof to that.

Sunshine, if we weaken the barret, then the focus will shift to another weapon. It is impossible to have a game in which all weapons are completly, absolutly even. It all depends SO much on skill. For example: The socom, being a little pistol, is usually thought of as not extremly effective, especially against good guns. However, ive defeated people using AKs, AUGs, HKs, barrets, M79 and pretty much every weapon with it. Not meaning to boast, seriously, thats some skill. I have seen others do that as well. Now, in the hands of another person, the socom would be weak, perhaps. See? It all depends on skill. Same with the barret.

On the surface, the barret is the most powerful weapon. When you look at it, and think about it, and play with it alot, and watch others play with it and play against them, it becomes apparent its weaknesses and how to exlpoit them. Its not hard, and its like that with every single weapon. Ive done all of that, and now i have no problem taking down most snipers, excepting the pros, of course, which are abit more of a challenge, proving my point again [:D].

Anywho, this has all been hashed out before. Why are we going over it again?

BMF
August 14, 2003, 4:57 pm
I do not agree with you duke. I think it IS possible to balance all the weapons, so that people would be playing at least 3-4 on a regular basis. In any clan match 9 out of 10 players use a barret (including me), its just funny. And those people are PROS.

There has to be a way to balance the weapons. FOR EXAMPLE. Ruger, AK, Spaz and Deagles are almost equal in power. And believe me, if barret was not so strong, much more people would use them. M79 honestly does not have a needed range, although i used to run with it all the time

Anyway, balancing weapons is possible, but personally i do not think it should be done, the game is fine the way it is

BManx2000
August 14, 2003, 5:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF

There has to be a way to balance the weapons. FOR EXAMPLE. Ruger, AK, Spaz and Deagles are almost equal in power. And believe me, if barret was not so strong, much more people would use them.

The reason those weapons are pretty much equal in power is because they are all SIMILAR (assault weapons with at least somewhat rapid fire). The Barret is a one-hit-kill weapon with slow fire. Balancing these two groups is not such an easy task. Besides, I think the reason the barret is so "overused", is not because it is "overpowered", but because a sniper rifle seems so much "cooler" to the newbs.[:D]

Aquillion
August 14, 2003, 5:41 pm
Duke, you're still trying to change the subject with all those veiled insults and irrelevent talk. Objectively speaking, the Barret remains overused, probably because of the implementation of the prone key and the expansion of hiding locations without proper changes to balance them out (combined, as already noted, with changes that weakened the M79 and the implementation of the sniper line, both of which drove many inexperienced players to the Barret); justin wanted to know what happened to the Barret since he last played Soldat, and that's the correct response.

And I certinally do not think that we have gone over this ground before. Analyzing how the usage and perception of the Barret changed in the seven months since justin last played have let us deduce many of the unintended side effects of new features that have led to our current situation, and in turn suggest more reasonable solutions. Personal debates aside, this is an important issue to many people, which makes it a valuable thing to discuss in this forum.

dustin
August 14, 2003, 6:17 pm
Aquillion: its dustin btw ;]..dont worry i get called justin alot anyways, along w.other things

duke: you said you dont want another 16 page topic but yet it seems like youre replying more than anyone

and i want to thank Aquillion for actully answering my question, yanno what this whole topic should have been about rather than ' the barret sucks you noob '

and i also agree w.Aquillion that w.personal debates aside this is an important topic, i tried to make a game suggestion about the prone feature but i guess it didnt go over to hot..but maybe there is some kind of another mod to the barret that would turn the inexperianced away from it (campers, ect.)

JayBDey
August 14, 2003, 8:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by Duke33
There are, as i see it, one main arguments for keeping the barret as it is.

1. The barret is only effective if in the hands of a experienced persion--ie, a pro. A pro, in order to reach that status, has to train with and use his weapon alot. However, pros are a minority, and newbs are in a majority. Newbs, aka n00bs are people who cannot use a weapon effectivly and are easy to kill. Of course, there are shades of grey and so on, but thats it. Now, out of that 'over half' amount of people in a server, a majority are newbs, and easy to kill and defeat. Hell, most of them cant even aim. That is the way of it for me, anyway.

Aside from that, as i have said before, you just have to adopt the correct tactics and move in the right ways, and any barret user, pro or not, is usually not super hard prey.

quote:originally posted by Aquillon

Sunshine, if we weaken the barret, then the focus will shift to another weapon. It is impossible to have a game in which all weapons are completly, absolutly even. It all depends SO much on skill. For example: The socom, being a little pistol, is usually thought of as not extremly effective, especially against good guns. However, ive defeated people using AKs, AUGs, HKs, barrets, M79 and pretty much every weapon with it. Not meaning to boast, seriously, thats some skill. I have seen others do that as well. Now, in the hands of another person, the socom would be weak, perhaps. See? It all depends on skill. Same with the barret.

On the surface, the barret is the most powerful weapon. When you look at it, and think about it, and play with it alot, and watch others play with it and play against them, it becomes apparent its weaknesses and how to exlpoit them. Its not hard, and its like that with every single weapon. Ive done all of that, and now i have no problem taking down most snipers, excepting the pros, of course, which are abit more of a challenge, proving my point again [:D].

Anywho, this has all been hashed out before. Why are we going over it again?

Again, and as always, you completely miss the point. For whatever reason, we're not talking about what right now, it is being overused. You can't argue that it isn?t. Go o any server and see for yourself. If it was so hard to use, and had so many weaknesses it wouldn?t be so popular. Stop what your doing RIGHT NOW and go to a large server and see what gun people are using.

Duke33
August 14, 2003, 9:35 pm
Dustin: Sorry man, i dont want a big argument, but i post just to keep my opinion in view. If i offended you or something, apologies.

quote:Originally posted by Aquillon
Duke, you're still trying to change the subject with all those veiled insults and irrelevent talk. Objectively speaking, the Barret remains overused, probably because of the implementation of the prone key and the expansion of hiding locations without proper changes to balance them out (combined, as already noted, with changes that weakened the M79 and the implementation of the sniper line, both of which drove many inexperienced players to the Barret); justin wanted to know what happened to the Barret since he last played Soldat, and that's the correct response.

And I certinally do not think that we have gone over this ground before. Analyzing how the usage and perception of the Barret changed in the seven months since justin last played have let us deduce many of the unintended side effects of new features that have led to our current situation, and in turn suggest more reasonable solutions. Personal debates aside, this is an important issue to many people, which makes it a valuable thing to discuss in this forum.

"Duke, you're still trying to change the subject with all those veiled insults and irrelevent talk."
Insults? Looking over my post the only insult was 'sunshine'. Sorry if you take offense that easily. 'Irrelevent talk' Come again? I believed, forgive me if im wrong, that we were talking about the barret. People were talking about changing, and i presented my view.

"the Barret remains overused, probably because of the implementation of the prone key and the expansion of hiding locations without proper changes to balance them out "
I find that very interesting. You are saying that the barret is overused becasue of camping? 'Implemention of the prone key' ' expansion of hiding locations'. And yet, ive heard you and others pro changing the barret say that it should be made solely a camping weapon, and that the main problem was the barret used in assualt situations. Ah, well, whatever.
More to the point, I can agree with you there. I dont deny that a fair amount of people use it, but i doubt that they use it just becuase theres more bushes around the place. Honestly, i agree with Bmanx2000, in that they simply think that the barret is cooler than an auto.

"Personal debates aside, this is an important issue to many people, which makes it a valuable thing to discuss in this forum."
I never said i wasnt.

Jay B Dey: Jesus man, as i said, people were talking about changing the barret, and i responded as i do, and presented my view. Hey, that rhymes (how the hell do you spell that word:D). Anyway, I never said that people dont use it. Hell, i might of at some point, but thats not what i believe. My argument has never been that not many people use it. My agrument has always been that only a minority of those barret users can use it effectivly. I wont go into that now, but there you go.

Incidently, i try not to insult the people i argue against too much, save the occausional light insult such as 'sunshine' and the like, but seriously, try to be civil. I dont take offense, and i realize that i got off topic with my last post, but it was necessary. Thanks.

I didnt that it had 'so many weaknesses'. All i said was that if you know how to, its not all that hard to defeat. Sure, it can be hard, especially in the hands of a pro. But if you train up right and do the right stuff, snipers ARE defeatable. Keep that in mind, please.

One thing that ive always wondered though is....i dont really ever see a majority of people in servers using the barret. Seriously. Yes, quite a few people use it, but also i see quite a few people using m79s, AKs, Augs, and Rugers. I dont deny, and i repeat this, dont deny that lots of people use it. But, lots of people use the other weapons, and quite a few people are good at those too and present a challenge. I take back what i said before about weapons not being easy to balance. The weapons are balanced, and well too. Thats my opinion, i guess.

dustin
August 15, 2003, 3:53 am
duke: you havent offened me or whatnot but moving on..
the weapons are ment to do what theyre ment to do, so i think they are balanced well.. i mean only in soldat have i ever seen a sniper w.a big ass barret running around the battlefield, a nisper in r/l. is, in some cases, a mile away picking off targets and its a one shot deal, but lets be realistic, this isnt r/l so a camper does seem to get a bit annoying, this should kind of be like an ' honor amoung theives thing ', respective play.. but when i made this post i wasnt saying there was anythign wrong w.the barret, it being my weapon of choice, but i was asking why did it get popular, i didnt know if the programmers made any changes to it to make it easier, me being gone for 7 months its really hard for me to tell

but lets look at another presepctive about the barret: as said alot of ppl do use it but how many ppl out of the ones that use it are skilled in it, i dont mean to offense anyone w.this little section here but look at some of the ppl that have replyied to my other topic, most replies were ' i camp ' ect...does it take skill to camp.? besides the basic motor (correct spelling) that you aquire when youre a child (hopefulyl), no not really but it does take skill to run w.it and shoot, then wait 6(?) secs for a reload time and survive, so yes, alot of ppl do use it if your looking at a vast majoirity BUT, how many ppl can use it skillfully
and iv forgotten my train of thought and where i was going w.this so im going to leave it as it =p
and im to lazy to check for typos so deal w.it ;]

Duke33
August 15, 2003, 4:08 am
Nobody cares about typos, dont worry.

Anyway, i wont go on about the barret not being changed--im afraid that it seems that there are various groups in the soldat community with differing views, myself included, and at the merest chance we begin to argue about our respective views. Whenever we see a thread with a title like, What happened to the barret, or The barret should be changed, or, the famous: Seriously, NERF the barret....I think that we should stop arguing--we have, and its settled, or we'll save it for the Nerf topic. I know that i argued along with the rest in this thread, but i guess we should stop talking about overuse and crap.

Anyway, i agree with you dustin. It does take skill to be able to survive in an assualt situation. With camping you have more time to react, to do whatever: reload, run away, etc. In assualt, everything is splitsecond and you have to do everything just right, or else you're dead. Notice, i dont mean this paragraph to have ANYTHING to do with keeping the barret as it is--im just agreeing with him.

But yeah, what was your train of thought :D/

BMF
August 15, 2003, 5:08 am
Duke seriously has a little more free time on his hands that he can handle. But anyway....

somebody said that barret is so overused because of its prone feature. Let me tell you, that before prone was even invented, the barret was already the most popular weapon.

BManx2000 also said that the barret is so overused, because it is so appealing (!!) to the noobs (!!!) to be a sniper.... DUDE.. Look around in a clan match. ANd count how many pros use the barret. What you said is just ridiculous

dustin
August 15, 2003, 6:53 am
quote:But yeah, what was your train of thought :D
my train wrecked =[

thats why i said put a timer on the prone feature and it seemed like every ' n00b ' (follow that topic and youll understand that) came out of the wood work putting down my idea of a prone timer, im not saying everyone who replied was, just a good number of them, the whole idea of that was to eliminate the campers and make it so only the skillful ppl would wanna use the barret

GooDTiMeS
August 16, 2003, 9:03 pm
rawr =(

n/a
August 17, 2003, 12:40 am
i use barret because its a lazy weapon heh dont have to aim and shoot around so much, maybe thats why its so popular :)

Daimyo
August 17, 2003, 11:14 am
I think that the simple fact that so many people are complaining about those weapons is, by itself, a quite understandable proof that something don't work. But as everythin wich could be easy "cheesy", you'll never easily find person who would admit it.
It's like the WWBarb in CD2, or the old Skald of the 1.4x versions of DAoC. It was the ultra-cheese-power, and it was fairly obvious, but? But try to say "WWBarb is vomitously cheesy". Then prepare yourself for the flame and public lapidation.

So this works even for Barret/m79. I remember the older version, even before 1.05b. Anyone tried to play a v1.02 m79? In DM/CTF games people used ONLY those weapons. You could kill 2-3 people AT ONCE with the old m79, with about half of the reload time of the actual gun. But everyone was HAPPY.

Because people do not want to play to have FUN. People play to WIN. It's the only way these childish onanist teen-agers could let out their frustations. And if there is an EASY (--cheesy--) way to win, why to change this?
How much effort is required to kill anyone with an AK? And how much effort is required to kill a foe with a single -BLAM- while jumping of a m79? Or to camp behind a bush and shoot blindly to hit someone on the other side of the map?

If the barret is a so fond-of-weakness weapon why so few poeple use the Ruger instead?
I mean, it requires two hits to kill someone, but it's faster, easier to reload, and more precise than a barret. It overcomes ALL the disadvantages of the barret that you guys underlined. It only lacks the Ultra-Cheese-Power feature of KILLING SOMEONE IN A SINGLE SHOT.
And actually the ruger is the least used weapon of all (apart from the minimi). Why?

In the Game suggestion forum, I tried to advance a proposal to change the m79 from a oneshot weapon to a less strong area-damaging weapon. A more tactical weapon. HERESY! AAAA! Y0 |\|00b!
Oh sorry, how now you can kill other people without effort, to feel to be the most powerful nerd-player of the whole universe?
Blah.

Outcast
August 17, 2003, 12:20 pm
Daimyo i already told you what i told you about that.

Personally, i feel that the barret should be kept as it is, as it is very easy to defeat it you know how to....

Its not about defeating a WEAPON, its about DEFEATING THE PLAYER BEHIND THE WEAPON.

quote:Originally posted by Aquillon(or sumethn like it)

Something must be done to reduce the amount of people using it. So, by making it a camper only weapon (a valid and useful strategy) all the n00bs who use it for assaulting will leave it for other guns.

So i and a bunch of other players that can kick your ass in any way you want us are n00bs? I say the prone thingie should be canceled and we have quite a reduce in using the barret among noobs, since i see 50% of the noobs with the barret proning and camping.

Anyway, just lock the topic, please mods. I dont want another 16 page argument. Too much time..

Thats probably the stupidest thing you said in this whole topic. I dont want another 16 page topic cuz it takes too much time? Are you addicted to posting or what? You dont want it to go 16 page but you wrote more then anyone....OMG GET A GRIP.

On the end lets see what ye ppl WANT. You want to enforce the changing of the weapons, so people wouldnt use them, tho they choose them by they own will and taste since you obviusly dont like barret.
What if the person misses? You have 4 seconds to whack his ass with lead. You can make them miss to a point. And again i say that the weapons are balanced. Each has its own weaknesses and advantages.

Barret :
Good - 1 shot kill, you can prone and crouch for further sight
Bad - Shoot weird in air, in some points imposible to hit and has a 4 second reload, and every 10 bullets a like 10 second reload lol.

m79 :
Good - Shoots in arch(depends on taste), kills in 1 shot
Bad - Reloads 3 seconds, Shoots in arch(depends to taste), slow bullet

Mg's - minime :
Good - Shoot the same in all positions, reload fast, point click and drag-follow system, if you hit 100% you can kill 3+ people with 1 magazine + if theyre injured...
Bad - Require several shots to kill

Minime :
Good - Point click and drag-follow system, Shoots randomly with a max +/-~4° offshot if your moving forwards of backwards, but not if your just fliing up or staying still, its the far most powerfull + 50 bullets. You can kill lots with it.
Bad - Requires several shots to kill.

TheKnightoftheMare
August 17, 2003, 1:38 pm
Daimyo why should the rest of the weapons get nerfed and turned useless like the chainsaw?Now only 1 out of 100 people use it, and its not for very long.Its useless now, it does nothing but take up hard drive space because of people bitching and moaning that they're unable to beat people who use it.

Daimyo
August 17, 2003, 5:33 pm
The rest of the weapons?
Did you noticed I was talking about the barret and the m79? Try to read again, maybe give also a look to the topic title.

TheKnightoftheMare
August 17, 2003, 5:41 pm
the rest as in other then chainsaw.

dustin
August 17, 2003, 11:15 pm
Daimyo: im w.you on what you said, that has been the most intellectual reply yet and i have to say i agree

most of these ppl that play soldat are young adoloences that ' like big bangs ', as for me, i want/love to win but i want to do it because of skill

quote: I say the prone thingie should be canceled
hmmmmmm, lets see i made a topic in the game inprov. about the prone timer and all i got was, like Daimyo said he got were ' n00b ' replies

why not go this route, as far fecthed as it seems, why not make two soldats, or two soldat servers, 1 for games w.ppl who want to screw-off in the game, and another for seriuos players because it seems theres 2 sides: 1 who want big bangs and to rule the world, and the other who want good competetive honest games like myself

Outcast
August 18, 2003, 12:20 am
So you can not get good competitive honest games? I can certainly get them.
I dont see whats wrong with you that you dont? Maybe you just dont LIKE the gun tho theres nothing wrong with it....ever thought of that? This isnt a game you can bend to your will you know.
Oh yes, i post n00b replies. From my last good post on his topic i didnt get response, cuz he couldnt counter what i said, because it was true. So he tried another topic?

N1nj@
August 18, 2003, 1:15 am
Outcast: how come you are so agressive :P

BManx2000
August 18, 2003, 1:44 am
Because he is tired of people trying to nerf our weps :/

dustin
August 18, 2003, 2:34 am
outcast: lemme just say wtf are you talking about, are you even talking to me.?
if so PLS re-read all my posts.. I use the barret, there is nothing wrong w.the barret, i merly suggested put a counter on the prone so ppl cant camp for 5 mins,
i dont really know anyone in soldat to play a competitive game w., i know two ppl and thats clan evo and i have also made serveral statements i would take anyone on but i got no replies
and are you talking about replying to my topic and not getting a response.? if so ill re-read my other topic and reply

LinK
August 18, 2003, 4:54 am
eh... i didnt read any of the replies... but here's the deal... the reason why things have changed is becaus a select group of vets started using teh autos and whatnot... this spread on since people noticed the power of autos and whatnot... but then... a new crop of good barret users sprung up who started pissing off the vets by killing them... the vets, appreciating their nice, slow games of soldat where only autos were used, got pissed because their slow games were ruined... :(

i know this for a fact because i am a "vet" and i get pissed at barret users too...

Outcast
August 18, 2003, 12:00 pm
No i dont care what you wrote before, i flame you for what you write if i think it's wrong and it dun matter for what you wrote before. I am for the prone being not timed, but cut from the game and i just hope so it gets cut from the game and i dont write bout it heh

dustin
August 18, 2003, 6:38 pm
outcast: huh, the only thing i understood of that was 'I am for the prone being not timed, but cut from the game ' and i made a suggestion about prone being timed and i get called n00b 50 times, i cant imagine what theyd say if you cut it from the game, oh wait yes i can: n00b