( search forums )
Soldat Linux Dedicated Server 1.1.5 (beta 2)
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Michal Marcinkowski
August 13, 2003, 12:41 pm
Second beta release of the 1.1.5 dedicated server. Still for testing. I need more help so please inform me about any bugs of the server.
Get the file from the download section. Also available the updated Soldat Admin for Linux in the package and a completely new Soldat Admin for Windows with new options.
Beta 2 changes:
- Added new debug options
- Fixed server ignoring point limit settings
- Fixed client getting disconnected with "Wrong map version" message frequently

If the server crashes please open soldat.ini and change Debug_Mode=0 to Debug_Mode=1. Run the server and if it crashes again please get these files: log.txt, logs/consolelog.txt (zip them!), copy the last page from the servers output and send it to this address: michalm@poczta.fm

Haro1121
August 13, 2003, 1:37 pm
DOH another beta o well good job michal Linux 2 :D

M
August 13, 2003, 3:42 pm
BAH i don't have linux.

N1nj@
August 14, 2003, 2:41 am
too bad i dont have linux, could have help you try it out.

sumo_
August 14, 2003, 5:42 am
my linux soldat wont register in the lobby servers with beta 2, the beta 1 worked but then stopped

it is attempting to register at both lobby world and 63.__.__ blah blah, any ideas why that is?

obviously the lobby servers are working because other servers are listed but mine wont list!! also, my soldat has stopped getting server listings also??

Smilie
August 16, 2003, 3:51 pm
Hi there!
I asked my Gameserver-Provider for installing Soldat (Linux); but because they have installed some customer-side game-switch-programms (for example HL, Q3, UT and so on) they have some problems running Soldat :-(
As I know they need some information about the used udp-protocol for checking the serverstatus (like "is the server running?"). They also said, there musst(?) be some protocol or ports for looking up the server with tools like hlsw......
Is there a way to get information about this things?

Greetings from Ger
Smilie

DNA.styx
August 16, 2003, 4:07 pm
Smilie, have a look in the server corps forum, someone posted details of that (but HLSW is no go BTW)

jaddy
August 17, 2003, 10:03 am
I started my Linux server, it's been running for 4 hours without a problem BUT there are no players since it doesn't want to register in the lobby server. I tried both lobby IP's, the one ending with .3 (from beta 1) and .6 (from beta 2) and it doesn't work. Any ideas?
My soldat client stops getting the server list after a couple of times of requesting it, it works again if I restart soldat, though. Also, Michal, if you're interested, I can make a Linux console wizard for creating games; instead of having to start/change soldat.ini/restart/change soldat.ini again/restart/etc, this wizard would let users just run a command and create their custom CTF/DM/etc games with the values they want and such. E-mail me if you're interested, jadz0r@zoite.net - or AIM: jadzor