( search forums )
Good Predator Suggestion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
PuMa
August 14, 2003, 4:07 am
A simple little fix, that would make things look a lot nicer-

I think that when you get predator you should gradually fade? (say over a per period of 1.5 secs) and fade out the same way.

Social Poison
August 14, 2003, 4:13 am
I think that the pred should ACTUALLY BE INVISIBLE ;)

juice _ box
August 14, 2003, 4:17 am
agreed. i like being sneaky, LIKE a preditor.
btw; i thought u were gone puma

Middlemoor
August 14, 2003, 6:14 am
Why should it be invisible? It's cool like it is now and requires skill to exploit effectively.

juice _ box
August 14, 2003, 8:32 am
Because u are a idiot.
Its a power up, they arnt supposed to make u use skill. Just sneaky things and such

evildude
August 14, 2003, 11:07 am
i think that shouldnt be fully invisible u just shouldnt be able to see jet boosters when it pred
it seems the only time i get caught in pred its coz people can see ur boosters:(
but yeah good fade out-in idea

juice _ box
August 14, 2003, 11:12 am
no its not because, it would defeat the purpose of preditor.

b00stA
August 14, 2003, 5:20 pm
I've only seen Predator once but I think the predator does NOT fade in/out.

Aquillion
August 14, 2003, 5:23 pm
I think this is a bad idea. Preditor mode is one of the few really fun powerups, and this would risk weakening it for what is, in effect, just a graphical effect.

I also don't think it should be full invisiblity; it's good the way it is now. People going up against Preditor Mode ought to at least have a chance.

Nightmare
August 14, 2003, 6:03 pm
I think when u go into predator u should have the electric waves like in the movie that would be sweet.

Middlemoor
August 14, 2003, 8:01 pm
quote:Because u are a idiot.
Its a power up, they arnt supposed to make u use skill. Just sneaky things and such

Oh Jesus Lord Christ...

R
August 14, 2003, 9:00 pm
the reason that the predator is not completely invisible because it is based on the movie predator and the alien in that was not completely invisible. he distorted the view around him and the guys could still faintly see it. therefore, the soldat version you can still faintly see him.

moysturfurmer
August 14, 2003, 9:33 pm
green pred blood would be nice. Sorta.

Mojoman316
August 14, 2003, 9:47 pm
I like pred mode the way it is. Most people don't really know how to spot a pred, and it usually takes a while for a good player to actually spot it. Plus they are virtually invisible when running behind and in front of high bushes.

Dark_Noddy
August 15, 2003, 8:05 pm
Me 2 ! Dont Be a DDumbass microsoft dude ! Theyre saying I bet is: "Aww Man This [:-censored] Is working fine now ! We GOTTA change it !"

Squal
August 15, 2003, 8:11 pm
fade in and out?... what does that have to do with the period u are a pred , u will be as invisble as normal, right?

kkazican
August 16, 2003, 1:44 am
Don't change pred now the powerup is perfect right now.

juice _ box
August 16, 2003, 7:15 am
its fine, i wish people would stop trying to change [:-censored] thats already fine.

PuMa
August 16, 2003, 5:15 pm
Im not gone... i just wont be showing up much.

quote:I think this is a bad idea. Preditor mode is one of the few really fun powerups, and this would risk weakening it for

How would fading in and out weaken it? it would add a sense of transition. Like u get it.... faaaaade out. 1 second left on powerup... start fading back in. whats the big deal? you still have tons of time to wreak havoc. And if you were completely invisible? GAAAAAAY. I think the amount of invisiblity is good as it is.

TheKnightoftheMare
August 16, 2003, 6:16 pm
dont fix whats not broken.

Dark_Noddy
August 16, 2003, 8:07 pm
Dont Do as microsoft !

Squal
August 16, 2003, 8:40 pm
what did microsoft do then? o.O

SILENT
August 19, 2003, 6:20 am
i hate predator mode period.

Dark_Noddy
August 19, 2003, 2:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Squal
what did microsoft do then? o.O

Microsoft is Gotta fix everything taht Acctually WORKS !
Weee ! Windows is running flawless !

*Updates*

*Crash !!*

b00stA
August 19, 2003, 6:53 pm
Dark_Noddy, if you don't like Microsoft products, you're FREE to NOT use them. There are enough alternatives, so just stop bitching.

Of course Microsoft isn't innocent, but usually it's the user causing so many errors. The user.

Cookie.
August 19, 2003, 7:43 pm
i also dislike predator mode

-Phil-
August 19, 2003, 11:25 pm
It's fine how it is. It's funny though, sometimes, I'll hide near places where pred boxes are, but not on screen to it, so when people get it, and run by me, they think I don't see them. BUT! I do, if you look closely, you can see sort of a "distortion of their colors" so I kill them, and they are like "wth? you cheater!" and I just laugh and laugh.

[:D]
~Phil

toadsMoke
August 20, 2003, 12:18 am
i think that pred mode is great the way it is now. fading in and out would be an unnecessary drain of system resources. may as well keep it simple and true.

but b00sta, you must admit, microsoft does seem to code bugs into the software it makes....

BManx2000
August 20, 2003, 3:32 am
I LOVE pred mode, I mean creeping around with the barret, and mysteriously killing them when they think there's nobody there... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *ahem*
</maniacalness>

gi.joe
August 20, 2003, 7:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Dark_Noddy
Me 2 ! Dont Be a DDumbass microsoft dude ! Theyre saying I bet is: "Aww Man This [:-censored] Is working fine now ! We GOTTA change it !"
wtf u on about man... MICROSOFT DUDE???

Dark_Noddy
August 21, 2003, 4:56 pm
Its True ! I'ma not saying Microsoft is BAD I just said that They Make Lousy upgrades 4 things that work fin allready ! I dont say Upgrades is bad But some of them just makes more problems than they do good !

Topic: Predator with compleatly invis players would SuX ! Coz as it is now U CAN see them if ure Experienced enough.. Making them compleatly onvis would make it LAME ! not having a little hope in killing them.. (Unless they are dumbasses and fire so U can see them...) But Thats MO..

xXxRaithexXx
August 21, 2003, 6:04 pm
Ag I agree Dont change anything about it. maybe a longer time I would suggest but thats about it cause yes in the "movie" he doesnt turn completly invisible witch is awsome cause imagine It would be harder and would not make sense there not superheros