( search forums )
bringing back old maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Nightmare
August 14, 2003, 4:17 pm
on version 1.1.6 it would be cool if u put in old maps like ctf_Death and arena 3 accept put some stat guns on them and stuff i think that would be cool.[8D]

Grit
August 14, 2003, 4:22 pm
stat guns?
the most beloved gun so far made by michal?
i cant wait to see the positive reactions about the M2 guns

Nightmare
August 14, 2003, 5:19 pm
i hope he does bring them bak i really miss ctf_death. maybe he might also bring bak the two old song death and battle that wold be great.:D

Aquillion
August 14, 2003, 5:20 pm
I agree that CTF_death should be revived. A single strategically placed minigun in the center could make it much more interesting, since that gun could sweep what used to be the favored defensive sniper locations on either side and take out people on the outer area of the base without firing into the spawnpoint area itself. This would also encourage more people to go down below and fight over it rather then just dash in across the upper path.

In any case, with or without SGs, CTF_Death was always an interesting change of pace and ought to be brought back.

Nightmare
August 14, 2003, 5:36 pm
i was thing about him putting the stat gun where sniper defense was and build a wall so they couldnt spawn.But what u said is pretty cool either way would work

DNA.styx
August 14, 2003, 5:47 pm
How about posting into the mapping forums and see if anyone's willing to upadte the maps for v1.1.5?

Aquillion
August 14, 2003, 5:47 pm
There are already several maps with defensive SGs, though; and a lot of people seem to dislike them, since everything becomes one mad chaotic rush. I think they'd be especially painful on CTF_Death, where there wouldn't really be any way around them.

(And on a more pragmatic line, CTF_Death is such a small map that having two SGs would mean that it would be almost completely covered by them, which is probably a bad idea.)

Having one down in the center would work more like the one in CTF_Run, which seems to be the most popular; players could mostly avoid it by taking the upper route, keeping it from dominating the game, but it would still be a valuable prize for the two teams to fight over.

(Edit to add reply to DNA.styx, who posted while I was writing this:)

There's already an updated CTF_Death, I believe (exactly identical to the old one). But the issue is really whether it gets distributed with the next version of Soldat or not, since maps that aren't distributed with Soldat don't get very much use in netplay (unfortunately).

3rd_account
August 14, 2003, 5:48 pm
Yea I miss playing ctf_death online, bot's are so lame and stupid.

Retribution
August 14, 2003, 5:49 pm
Hmm seeing ctf death would be a good i dea.I really missed that map.Twas good for lobbing m79 shots

BMF
August 14, 2003, 7:00 pm
bring back arena 3!!

Squal
August 14, 2003, 7:39 pm
hehe good idea ! [:)]

Nightmare
August 14, 2003, 8:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
How about posting into the mapping forums and see if anyone's willing to upadte the maps for v1.1.5?

Cuz i was hoping they could be in the next version so people dont have to download them.It will make it easier to put them in the soldat upgrade from 1.1.5>1.1.6

Tweak896
August 15, 2003, 5:52 am
CTF_Death was an awesome map, why did he take it out?

fabmanx
August 15, 2003, 6:08 am
Yea one big mistake taking out death

TIR_Blade
August 15, 2003, 10:12 pm
yo grit when the hell did u come back? i thought u were on vacation? i guess i missed u when u were on msn. Well got lots of new [:-censored] to tell u :D