( search forums )
THE 3RD FINAL VEHICLE POST!!!112
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
juice _ box
August 15, 2003, 3:06 pm
Jk, Anyway i had an idea for a game mode.
there would be 2 teams like ctf and in the middle of the map there would be a big ball.
both the teams would have to try and get the ball into the other teams base by shooting bumbing ect. From here on i would like to hear opinions and things of that nature.

TheKnightoftheMare
August 15, 2003, 3:39 pm
would be fun for about a week.

Hercule Poirot
August 15, 2003, 3:46 pm
[IMAGE]

juice _ box
August 15, 2003, 3:50 pm
il draw a picture for you hercule.
[IMAGE]
they have to try and get the ball to the other teams base :)

Xiao
August 15, 2003, 3:56 pm
umm.. like in ut2k3?

j00f00
August 15, 2003, 4:31 pm
I hate BR in UT2k3. It's so boring. But it does have a different concept. The only problem with this game mode for soldat is that it would be more of a killfest than a "move the ball" match, defeating the whole purpose of the game mode. :

juice _ box
August 15, 2003, 4:33 pm
then uhhh. u can only hurt mr. ball not other team. :)

Squal
August 15, 2003, 5:21 pm
ROFL at the drawing!!!
good idea i think.. fun shizzle
and:
U CRUMMY POOFACE HOW DARE U LURE POEPLE IN WITH VEHICLE TOPIC! [:p] [;)]

sauron_the_deceiver
August 15, 2003, 5:59 pm
Yeah! Down with JB!

Ahem.

Simply, this idea is pretty gay, to be honest. Wouldn't work on a 2D game.

Nightmare
August 15, 2003, 6:04 pm
WRONG it would work. ever shot a dead body to c it blood squirt and move. lol. It would be similar to that except a ball that moves easier.and have like a huge soccer type net. this would be the best played mode probly

juice _ box
August 15, 2003, 6:05 pm
umm. obviously you didnt look at the picture carfully...
thats funny because your wrong, we are all wrong. We dont know if this would work or not. :D

OK now mabey you will understand how it will work.
[IMAGE]

Squal
August 15, 2003, 6:21 pm
well i think itll work, and people are willing to play it,well need michal do deside whenever itll work or not.....right?

juice _ box
August 15, 2003, 6:23 pm
exactly, lets get some expert opinions. Where be Duke and Cr4cK? rofl
on a serious note, the ball would be low gravity so it could glide a bit.

TheKnightoftheMare
August 15, 2003, 6:33 pm
rotf funny thread.

Squal
August 15, 2003, 6:44 pm
oh, i had practice, when i killed someone in mid air, i try to keep his head in the air by shooting it ^_^

juice _ box
August 15, 2003, 8:17 pm
the ball could crush people.

Squal
August 15, 2003, 8:19 pm
ouch

eyic
August 15, 2003, 11:46 pm
i like teh idea juicy :)

NuZZ
August 16, 2003, 12:15 am
Maybe we kick the ball wich is not so big, like a soccer game, you go up to it and it bounces away in the direction that you were walking... Soccer rocks in my opinion!

NuZZ
August 16, 2003, 12:19 am
hmmmm crushing ay, i mised that part of the topic, i donno but i gess the maps would be best flat and big, maybe like a big stadium?!

peemonkey
August 16, 2003, 12:44 am
if there was such a mode, the m79er's would go ape poopy, everyone would have a minigun, and jesus would eat pancakes. mmmmmmmm.......pancakes........good idea:D

juice _ box
August 16, 2003, 7:18 am
certan guns would do differnt stuff.
barret- boost ball fast
m79- shoots ball in random direction forward
law- makes ball crush you

NuZZ
August 16, 2003, 5:06 pm
MUHAHAHA to the sniperzzzzz Id kcik all your asses in this! But i still wrecking it should be a smaller ball with abilitie to go up to it and kick it. I could make a Animation for soldat, michal would just need 2 import it :O(with poa)

gi.joe
August 20, 2003, 7:40 am
NEXT!!! this idea wudnt work because according to JB u wudnt be able to kill each other.... therefore we wud all end up wth miguns and laws..... and eventually run out of ammo hitting the ball with our hands like VOLLEYBALL!???

juice _ box
August 20, 2003, 10:17 am
less damage mabey dunno, we would have to try it.

HC_ScubaSteve
August 20, 2003, 9:52 pm
i like the concept, but it needs alot of work. some suggestions of mine: first of all once another mode is added, that part of the interface would have to change, and prolly be like the map selection. but anyway more about the interface, check out this thread: Soldat needs a better interface. im too lazy to get the url but go dig it up ppl :) ya back on topic, how about sport modes? would be fun to play every now and then. soccer would prolly work the best. 2d baseball would work but would have lots of bugs. so ya, lets hear some yays or nays

muzzmastah
August 20, 2003, 10:40 pm
lol^
You know, not to flame on your idea or anything, but I think this would behave rather like infiltration mode: It's hot for a little while, but then no1 plays it. Kind of like mare said. There's a game mode like this in NoX (any1 ever played that)?, but I've never tried it.

Aquarius
August 21, 2003, 1:27 am
quote:Originally posted by muzzmastah
lol^
You know, not to flame on your idea or anything, but I think this would behave rather like infiltration mode: It's hot for a little while, but then no1 plays it. Kind of like mare said. There's a game mode like this in NoX (any1 ever played that)?, but I've never tried it.

LOL... I play infiltration quite often.

Outcast
August 21, 2003, 2:23 am
i dont lol

SILENT
August 21, 2003, 2:34 am
Are you talking about the RPG time game NOX>? its made by Westwood, cuzz ive played that, ive never seen a mode..like that.

I like the idea, i thought about something like this one time while me and [THE]Secret played Basketball with grenades in CTF_laos,but nothing near as complex....carry on.[:-hspin]