( search forums )
Installation Problems
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
The Dude Chad
August 16, 2003, 5:55 am
Ok, I am having lots of problems installing Soldat. I am using Winzip and it extracts to a temporary folder and everything and the setup starts. Everything goes well until it says Creating program icons. Then it just freezes. I can't move the mouse for around ten minutes, then I can move the mouse and Control Alt Delete to End Task. I have no idea why it does this. I used to have an older version of Soldat and it installed fine, but now it doesn't work. Can someone please help?

NightCabbage
August 16, 2003, 9:37 am
This problem has already been discussed

See if you can find a fix here:

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=5034

The Dude Chad
August 16, 2003, 7:52 pm
I took your advice from the other thread and installed Soldat in safe mode. The installation went very smooth and I installed the fix too. When I tried to play it the program worked fine but of course I couldn't play it in safe mode. When I restarted it in normal mode the program just freezes again when I double click it. I tried Control Alt Deleting every program on the list except explorer and it still did not work. Any other suggestions?

mr_bob
August 16, 2003, 8:53 pm
how much ram are u running it might be a lack of ram or too many programs running try hitting ctrl alt del and close all unneeded programs

have only the ones open to keep the computer running

or try to colse one at a time and run soldat to see how many u need to close before it will work

The Dude Chad
August 19, 2003, 12:39 am
I have only 128 MB of RAM. I know that probably isn't enough but I've played Counter-Strike on this computer so I still think it should work. I have ctrl alt del'ed every program on the list except explorer and it still does not work. Are there any other programs that I need to keep running for Soldat to work?

NightCabbage
August 19, 2003, 12:50 am
128 meg of RAM should be fine (espec. for soldat lol)

Well the thing with safe mode is that it doesn't run any of your drivers on startup...

So - this means that the problem is with your hardware or your drivers (probably drivers) or maybe even something evil running in the background, etc.

Here's the fun part - trial and error - yay!

You said "Control Alt Delete to End Task" so I'll assume you're using a win9x OS (inc. ME).

Start Menu > Run: msconfig.exe

Startup tab

Here is a list of all the programs that run automatically when your computer starts...

You can untick any of the boxes to disable them.

If anything looks suspicious, disable it.

Then reboot and try Soldat.

Keep disabling things until you figure out what is causing the problem.

Fun isn't it! :)

CuBiTuS
August 19, 2003, 4:58 pm
If, after all this, it still doesn't work, I suggest you run an anti-virus, a defrag, update the drivers, etc...(may sound stupid but can help to solve the problem).