( search forums )
Smoke Grenades
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Enzyme
August 16, 2003, 9:48 am
I don't want to seem like I'm demanding anthing considering this is my second post. But after playing this great little game for 3+ hours right after downloading, I was wondering if smoke nades could be put in some how. Its probably just me but sometimes I find its kinda hard to get in and out when going for the flag. Even though the minigun does help when escaping since you can use it as a upgraded jet pack by pointing in the opposite direction your going and get a huge boost of speed.

eyic
August 16, 2003, 10:02 am
ummmm, this aint a flame or anything , but whats the point of a smoke grenade? ok look imagine this :

------------------------------Smoke Grenade Explodes------------------------
enemy--------------------------------------------------------------------you

as you can see the enemy is on the other side, and you chuck a smoke grenade into the middle, they can still see you (duh theres just some smoke in the middle) coz soldat is 2d and side view ofcourse u can both see each other, so for this reason i have no idea why smoke grenades would be neccessary...

1) they would coz lag
2) just pointless

and if u didnt understand the topc example then lets take a look at this screenshot shall we?

[IMAGE]

I hope ya understood, and if im mistaken and u meant somthing else then please correct me....

Enzyme
August 16, 2003, 10:10 am
Ya I guess your right it is pretty pointless. And that screenshot really illustrates what I was kinda wanting to see, oh well I guess.

Xiao
August 16, 2003, 10:44 am
what if: u are in the smoke!

TheKnightoftheMare
August 16, 2003, 11:51 am
then people would just fire into the smoke.

NuZZ
August 16, 2003, 5:07 pm
well it could work if u wanted 2 hide

juice _ box
August 16, 2003, 9:42 pm
people would shoot into the smoke because they know you are hiding...
[IMAGE]

el_simpsons
August 17, 2003, 1:30 am
lol juice box so funnah

BManx2000
August 17, 2003, 2:06 am
Maybe the smoke could obscure line of sight like polys do in realistic?

juice _ box
August 17, 2003, 2:21 am
you would still shoot into it.

sauron_the_deceiver
August 17, 2003, 4:19 pm
Or run through it. Maybe a function just for realistic mode?

Dark_Noddy
August 17, 2003, 5:27 pm
I dont Like it and Hope it NEVA get implanted.. But since I'm a good Guy I suggest:
Like when U get Berserker or predator the colours of Ur view changes, so it could change the colour of Ur view if u got close 2 the smogenade.. And as allready suggested, Make it like a wall would be in realistic.. The line of sight [:-censored].. Combined taht would make luuts of effect..

Anyway I think It would cause LAG aNd I DONT LIKE it ! hehe..

Frosty
August 17, 2003, 7:33 pm
I WANT FLAME GRENADES!
----

HI. THIS POST IS NOT STAR HUNTING.

APPARENTLY BECAUSE IT WAS IN ALL CAPS, IT WAS TAKEN AS SO. HERE IS A POST I MADE ABOUT THIS IDEA.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=6704

kkazican
August 17, 2003, 8:44 pm
PHOSPHORUS GRENADES w00t

TheKnightoftheMare
August 17, 2003, 8:50 pm
lol juice your mspaint soldat comics own.

666CrAzYSnIpEr666
August 17, 2003, 11:32 pm
yo! i've think about a "special nade"
this is a nade that when she touch the ground, she shoot metal thing in all direction...

http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/666CrazySniper666/2003817233037_SpecialNade.jpg
like that...

eyic
August 17, 2003, 11:39 pm
nah bro, i like the grenades at the moment :)

what about poisen grenades! lol

juice _ box
August 18, 2003, 12:26 am
when there is more than 1 "thing" add a S to it and it will be "things"
anyway, all these ideas would be trash like parachutes.

Mojoman316
August 18, 2003, 1:11 am
D00D WAT ABOUT NAPALM DROPZ THAT WOLD BE SO COLL

Cluster nades pretty much make frag grenades useless. Why have fragments when you can have EXPLODING fragments?

N1nj@
August 18, 2003, 1:23 am
how about MINES!

juice _ box
August 18, 2003, 1:53 am
i like the idea of mines, apose to more usless grenades.

wormdundee
August 18, 2003, 2:17 am
heres an idea, how about you can get a nuclear missile powerup that changes grenades into missiles that launch into the sky and instantly kill everything? does that sound good?

N1nj@
August 18, 2003, 2:45 am
no. lol.

eyic
August 18, 2003, 4:29 am
lol people and ideas these days :P

BManx2000
August 18, 2003, 4:21 pm
How about a powerup that activates the goldeneye satellite and instantly kills a random area, while giant tesla coils zap anything that comes near, and guided nuclear LAWS appear with which to bombard the enemy base, and Dessan's ship the Doomgiver fires its cannon at the enemy while releasing Shadowtroopers to attack the enemies also, and Sephiroth summons meteor and the Weapon monsters revive and attack also, while Magneto uses his powers to instantly disarm all the enemies and shoots their guns at them, and Sauron summons the Nazgul to attack, while automated sentry turrets appear around your base? I think that would be a good idea!

Hitman
August 18, 2003, 5:26 pm
I like the way Eyic and juice _ box have taken the term 'do you want me to draw you a picture so you can understand' seriously and drawn this guy a pic. lol

Mojoman316
August 18, 2003, 6:36 pm
How about a powerup that gives you SUPER DBZ POWERS! Then you can blow up the whole WORLD with your finger and it deletes all your opponent's Soldat folders just so they know how BAD they were OWNED! COOL, HUH?

Hehe, these ideas are getting kind of fun.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 18, 2003, 9:36 pm
oh oh oh.....how about

NO....hehe

juice _ box
August 18, 2003, 10:20 pm
i can see the future.
[IMAGE]

Mojoman316
August 19, 2003, 12:39 am
Hey, how can a PIMP HAT do anything but make Soldat better?

kryptanite
August 19, 2003, 12:44 am
Juices box's picture was awesome....who had the idea for cigarette lighters and dinosaurs? lol

SILENT
August 19, 2003, 5:53 am
nice pics juice, and yes all those ideas would make me want to poke my eyes out with a pencil then feed them to my dog as im terminating my head with a hammer[:(!]sorry, got a little carried away [^]

Cookie.
August 19, 2003, 7:52 pm
id like nerve gas grenades [:D] and oddjobs hat and hmmmm.... a lighter and a bottle of hairspray like in the arcade game die hard [:D] oh yeah and dont forget about supermario mushrooms hmmm and WATERGUNS

eyic
August 19, 2003, 11:37 pm
gas grenaes would be cool, and if ure near them they'd poisen u till u get a medikit.. :)

gi.joe
August 20, 2003, 7:24 am
Has anyone thought about the FLASH BANG?????? it would work for the 2d view ... blinding all those in view with a short flash... but how wud u protect yourself from it... hmmm?

NightCabbage
August 21, 2003, 11:14 am
lol @ pix, inc. ey's smoke nade pic hahahaha tru, tru.

gi.joe - lol yer, turning the other way wouldn't help :P lol

Nor would a wall come to think of it... lol

And JB's flash pic... lol

Cookie.
August 21, 2003, 4:20 pm
yeah definatly a flash bang grenade would be better it could like make ure screen go white and slowly fade back in but only if the flash bang was close to u

bert111
August 23, 2003, 4:55 am
whats next? turning soldat into a tactical game instead of a war game? holy [:-censored]!

Mossy
August 23, 2003, 4:06 pm
smoke and flash granades would be great!

eyic
August 24, 2003, 12:21 am
mossy!! i havnt seen u posting for some time man!! howz it going ;) i remember u were arun when i first joined the forums :)

u r soooo cool :) lol

BruceAlmighty
August 26, 2003, 5:53 am
How about lawmowers that you can run over campers with. That would be awsome.[:-weepn]

Mossy
August 29, 2003, 3:08 am
Hey eyic, my vacation is ending so I've decided to slowly move back into the community :P

- I'll pm u.

---
Lawnmowers is the yet the worst idea I've seen since I came back to the forums!

gunny
January 3, 2004, 7:35 pm
what about nades that when they explode a little flag pops out of them and it says"booom"

---
just a thought

pseudo
January 11, 2004, 12:55 am
I dunno... if you made smoke grenades a secondary weapon where the smoke would cloud up a decent sized area then you could use it in CTF/infiltration. It would be quite effective if you could one or two other teammembers to help make a smokescreen.

I don't know about Gunny's psych warefare grenades tho! [;)]