( search forums )
Once and for all--Headless players.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Duke33
August 19, 2003, 1:38 am
As im sure we know, SSCC exists and within that program you can make your head invisible. I just wanted to create a topic for this, because i am headless (sounds funny) and people accuse me all the time of cheating. Soo, for those and others, lets debate it.

I feel that being headless only gives you an advantage if you are camping. If you hide in a bush, then its easier becuase your head doesnt poke out. Apart from that, however, there are no advantages i can think of. The head can still be hit, and after a certain amount of damage it shows up. Besides, people dont aim for the head--too risky. Generally people aim for the body.

Still, people, about one in every 30 or so games, accuse me of cheating. Id like those people, or anyone else who doesnt like it, to tell me HOW i am cheating. Please. Since i dont camp (very rarely, anyway), it doesnt give me an advantage. Explain for me, please.

I know one argument is that it isnt 'honorable' or 'isnt what "real" players do'. I dont really see how having no head makes you not a real player. If anything, its there (rather, not there) for looks. Because it looks cool. Anyway, opinions and thoughts people.

K
August 19, 2003, 2:02 am
- "Besides, people dont aim for the head--too risky. Generally people aim for the body."

That's true, I ( a barrett-user ) always aim on the middle of the soldat player cause you have statistically the most chance to hit someone.
When I behold and calculate the middle of a soldier I take the distance from his toes to his head/hat :) Well... with a headless player my imaginary midpoint is lower located than a normally (euhm...) provided soldier, so i have statistically more chance to miss him :(

All of this to say... I really don't care if a soldat player is headless or not. It doesn't make any difference in my opinion, besides the camouflage-thing for camping/sniping (transparency got lack on camouflage!))

AerialAssault
August 19, 2003, 2:06 am
heres my opinion, to all u people who htink no head loks cool, your dead wrong, it looks stupid as [:-censored], o look at me i dont have a friggin head! im so cool! your hair is one of the biggest factors in how u look, if u dont have a head, no hair, my soldat has to be stylish as well as deadly... besides if u were realyl skilled at sniping, you'd find a way to hide your head other than useing an outside program to make it invisible, in my book its cheating.

wormdundee
August 19, 2003, 2:40 am
umm, this topic wasnt about how it looks was it? anyways:

the no-head thing doesnt really bother me, it doesnt affect my shooting at all since i almmost always hit body (as in aim for it), so its no big deal to me

R
August 19, 2003, 3:29 am
well you can have no head but still have hair which is what i have. i have transparent skin but black dreads so it doesnt matter, but i dont really care if someone doesnt have head or not because you are still able to hit the head.

Outcast
August 19, 2003, 1:55 pm
Doesnt matter, when you shoot them their head still falls off, so i dont care :P

Dark_Noddy
August 19, 2003, 1:56 pm
I have no hair no head but a hat.. I dont think its cheating... Itsn not like it makes a difference... If Any1 should find the Hex 4 invisible cloths... THEN ! (Dunno if there is a hex 4 that, but..) hehe.

TIR_Blade
August 19, 2003, 1:58 pm
meh u guys dont no what ur missing. When u have a head and u get it shot off. IT FLIES. [:-censored] i wish i could shoot as fast as my head flies through the level

sauron_the_deceiver
August 19, 2003, 2:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
heres my opinion, ~~~ it looks stupid as [:-censored

Yeah, pretty much.

I don't like people doing it because newbies always spam up the chat with 'WOH! Houd u gett tha invisbble hed?" so it kinda bugs me.

juice _ box
August 19, 2003, 3:33 pm
it looks bad when people use dreads and no head (imo) but w/e

Retribution
August 19, 2003, 3:59 pm
I have an invisible head and I have been accused of cheating in many servers.............Its real stupid though lol.You dont really need a program to make your head invisible just go to soldat config file in ur soldat directory and change your skin color code to 22502250 thats wut I did ^^

Cookie.
August 19, 2003, 4:44 pm
invisible looks kinda dumb i think but i dont really care if anyone uses it

BMF
August 19, 2003, 7:00 pm
TEchnically, it might be considered cheating, since you are using an outside program to change the game settings

Dark_Noddy
August 19, 2003, 8:45 pm
Well... U can make Ur head Invis Without Using the SSC... I made mine many Colours before I Started Using SSC.. Just change the skin_Colour=######## :P

AerialAssault
August 19, 2003, 9:49 pm
i didnt just say it looked stupid, i say it gives an unfair advantage to snipers cause u cant see the head that isnt there! u cant jsut make your head dissappear in real life, jsut learn to hide better, invisible head is cheating! Period.

toadsMoke
August 19, 2003, 9:59 pm
i wouldnt call it cheating, but it isnt exactly fair tactics.

AerialAssault
August 19, 2003, 10:06 pm
lol, whats the difference?

toadsMoke
August 20, 2003, 12:03 am
lots. it's a cheap tactic, but since you can change it in the character options it's not cheating...

Social Poison
August 20, 2003, 1:25 am
I don't think I've ever been caught off gaurd by a headless camper. And I doubt most of you guys have either.

Looks stupid? That'd be a matter of opinion, I think. My Soldat (including his skin) is various shades of dark green. Is that any more stupid looking than a headless person?

That's like making fun of someone for having green punk hair :-/

Some people need really need to chill out.

BManx2000
August 20, 2003, 3:02 am
quote:Originally posted by TIR_Blade
meh u guys dont no what ur missing. When u have a head and u get it shot off. IT FLIES. [:-censored] i wish i could shoot as fast as my head flies through the level

Ahh, but that's where you're wrong. When you have an invisible head, not only does it fly, but it's even funnier cuz it flies invisibly [:-hspin]

Hitman
August 20, 2003, 8:06 pm
Yeah I saw somebody without a head and I thought it looked pretty cool, at first I thought there was somthing wrong with the Game but since I read this I now know. Since it can still be hit I don't see anything wrong with it.

Duke33
August 21, 2003, 4:24 am
Its sorta cool to start a thread and then just leave it...

Anyway, so the basic idea is: Dont really care, perhaps cheap, perhpas cool, but nothing to get worked up about?

muzzmastah
August 21, 2003, 3:33 pm
Yeah, don't get worked up about it. I always wear olive all over (makes for best camo) with a helmet, but now I have an invisible head with (surprise!)olive dreadlocks. I think that the invisible head thing works only if you have like an army haircut or something like that and wear some sort of camo green. I kind of think that it looks cool, but it's not the sort of advantage (at least not that I've seen) that's worth complaining about.

Dark_Noddy
August 21, 2003, 4:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
quote:Originally posted by TIR_Blade

Ahh, but that's where you're wrong. When you have an invisible head, not only does it fly, but it's even funnier cuz it flies invisibly [:-hspin]

Ure not 100 % rite eighter.. hehe
When U loose a certin amount of health ur head changes colour 2 black or summtn, That somtimes happens when U get shot By barret 2.. So u might get a fly off black head !

Duke33
August 22, 2003, 6:46 am
Yeah, well, its pretty funny whether its there or not, because in my opinion as long as a body part is bouncing off a wall, its funny.

Muzzmastah: Yeah, my setups the green with army haircut and no head. Im thinking of going over to olive though--is it better? Anyway, im gonna probably put on dreadlocks just cos it looks pretty good.

Retribution
August 22, 2003, 6:53 pm
I used to have dreadlocks on my sodlat but then it got annoying when I was sniping in ctf run so I took em off ^^

sqweek
August 23, 2003, 8:45 pm
Yeah, I'd agree that if you don't ever hide the invisible head isn't really an issue.

muzzmastah
August 27, 2003, 11:33 pm
duke: right now my soldat is all olive, invisible head, and olive dreadlocks. it OWNZ for camo.

Kamikaze_Ninja
August 27, 2003, 11:39 pm
Right now I have an invis head which turns red when injured, no hair, and all black clothes.

muzzmastah
August 28, 2003, 1:35 am
ooooo00000ooooooo c000000000000llllll outfit kami

LinK
August 29, 2003, 6:53 am
semi-inviso-skin here... i have black skin but its only 40% transparent... i dont think its cheating... and who even aims at specific body parts anyway? the bullet itself is prolly bigger than a quarter of the soldato's body... haha...

Duke33
August 30, 2003, 3:48 am
Yeah, thats what i think too. In a game like tribes or whatever you do precision sniping because you have a little thing called 3D. However, in a 2D game like soldat, where guys are a cm high, no one actually aims for the head or the whatever.

muzzmastah
August 30, 2003, 9:47 pm
besides, how much of a damage bonus DO you get when you shoot the head? If your using the barret, you dont have to. if your using an ak etc, then might try a little bit for the head. in that case, it's easy just to guess where that little .2 cm diameter ball that is a soldats head is.

Duke33
September 3, 2003, 1:22 am
yeah. Anyway, trying to hit the head with the ak or whatever is pretty hard due to inaccuracy.

And yeah, do you acutally get a bonus if you hit the head? I dunno....forward michal.

?
September 3, 2003, 1:34 am
i am pimping the green skin and pink dreds =) i pwn =P