( search forums )
105b cheaters?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Oldies Soldat - v1.05b (closed)
muzzmastah
August 19, 2003, 2:08 am
HOW did ppl cheat in 115? I mean, I heard some ppl say that cheaters messed up 105b some, and I was wondering what kind of stuff they did? I AM NOT REQUESTING CHEATS OR HACKS
so plz dont ban me for this.

that fuking sniper
August 19, 2003, 2:54 am
Back in 1.0.5b cheaters did alot of things. First of all, the most notable and popular amongst their cheats was to shoot about 20 bullets per second, normally they'd do that with an M79, making a rain of slugs and slowing the game down horribly. Some made the Spas shoot mass nades in the same fasion, only that back then nades used to kill in 1 hit on contact. Some made themselves neutral in CTF games and would carry both flags, thus stopping the game. And most of them had infinate fuel so they would hover near your base and spam you with rapid M79 slugs. Some did that with a barret, and it acted like a laser beam because it shot so fast. Some cheaters could get into passworded games and make you say stuff you dont type.

But there was never an invincibility cheat as I recall, cheaters were always killable. Most of them just spammed with a rapid M79 like dumbasses and you could take them out with a barret if you got out of their range. The really dangerous ones used a rapid barret which constantly let out bullets in an acute angle, chopping everything in its path.

Nowadays I didnt see enything close to a cheat yet, except for map-maker abuses...

ThaD
August 19, 2003, 11:16 am
I really liked cheaters, it was fun when all players started to play against a cheater, it was even funnier when such person was owned all the time, ah good old days :P

NightCabbage
August 19, 2003, 11:19 am
Barret = cheater killer ;)

lol

but man they were annoying :S

lame as

and rarely did everyone gang up on them either...

You see, the problem was that someone decided to release a trainer for Soldat...

So and the newbie lamers could just download it - no skill was required at all - sucked...

N1nj@
August 19, 2003, 3:16 pm
you can also shot grenades out of the gun.

b00stA
August 19, 2003, 7:16 pm
I remember.. all these "rage" idiots trying to bring up rage in the Soldat scene by spreading cheats and of course using them.
So total Soldat newbs played it only because of cheating and raging.. *cheats* "how to jump??ßß!!111" *cheats*

Join passworded and/or full servers.
Infinite jet fuel.
Instant reload.
Instant/constant fire.
Powerup doesn't finish (once you selected predator, you had it until death etc.)
and the latest trainer for Soldat had the function to crash a Soldat server if I remember correctly.

How do I know all that? Well, I downloaded these trainers and tested them offline :) (Ok I had some fun joining passworded servers (ARGH DONT KILL ME))

muzzmastah
August 19, 2003, 7:28 pm
ok
man that must have SUCKED. I would hate having to play against cheaters. Thank god for cheat protection.

R
August 19, 2003, 7:29 pm
wow our saint-like boosta used these trainers? what has the world come to!! lol jk, i think i might remember seeing some of these guys but it might be before my time.

b00stA
August 19, 2003, 7:50 pm
Yes, of course, I got a kick out of shooting 20 M79 grenades a second and then thinking .oO(Dude, I have so much skill. I own everyone.)

I didn't kill anyone online with the help of trainers, mmkay :)

Ardaen
August 20, 2003, 5:45 am
Hehe, 1.05b.... soo many cheats

As a cheater (plz dont kill me! [;)]) I had lots of fun. So much I tried to (ok so I'm lazy and I never actually finished it, I only got as far as the buggy alpha) make an anti-cheat to stop all cheats.

The most powerful weapon was the rapidfire barret that launched grenades. With that I could stand on one side of maps like kampf and viet, bounce a million nades off the roof and spawnkill the enemy team.

So no the barret didnt work as a cheaterkiller against every cheater.

Then someone *cough*chaos*cough* [;)] released a trainer that gave too much power to anyone. Things like join a full game, join through a ban, join passworded, crash any (or all) servers, rapid fire any weapon, infinite jumpjet.

sauron_the_deceiver
August 20, 2003, 8:24 pm
*scowls at b00sta and Ardaen*

*scowls at the again*

Ardaen
August 20, 2003, 9:04 pm
lol, it isnt news [:p]

snappy10
August 20, 2003, 10:24 pm
ard was a good cheater he used his cheats to help soldat unlike some other ppl right ard

muzzmastah
August 20, 2003, 10:49 pm
RIIIIIIIIIIGHT?
Man, imagine the power of 1 cheater like that against all other non-cheating soldat players. jesus.

NightCabbage
August 21, 2003, 9:31 am
yes, providing it was only a trainer cheater it would go something like this:

Cheater has killed n00b
Cheater has killed n00b
Cheater has killed n00b
Cheater has killed n00b
a n00b has left the game
Cheater has killed n00b
Pro has killed Cheater
Cheater has killed n00b
Cheater has killed n00b
Pro has killed Cheater
Pro has killed Cheater
Cheater has left the game

Camping_Carl
August 21, 2003, 10:25 am
i was the guy with the barret cheat hahaha remember! I would snipe but with 120 bullets at a time. i never got hit lmao!

N1nj@
August 21, 2003, 2:48 pm
i heard that chaos stopped making them and helped Michal from another forum

Ardaen
August 21, 2003, 6:07 pm
I believe that chaos did in the end help michal... after causing some of the worst of the problem ;)

Yes I did in the end try to be good myself, but I also caused problems. Being a good cheater isnt as good as being a non-cheater [:p]

sanity
August 22, 2003, 7:45 am
[:-censored] usin barret to kill cheaters nc! [:P] i used to take m79 cheaters sprayin 2874217897 rockets at me with 1 well place rocket, now that was sweet!!! [:D]

NightCabbage
August 22, 2003, 9:18 am
ahhhhh yes, the long range m79 *sigh*

i miss that :P

sanity - we used to play well together :)

and have the occasional cheater hunting match ^_^ lmao

Marbire
August 22, 2003, 11:27 pm
Yeah.... I remember

Those [:-censored] idiots would come into the GameSpace servers and ruin everything........ "You've Been Raged" ah...... morons. The Chaos trainer was what pushed it to the limit. YOu could do to many things with that....

Ardaen
August 23, 2003, 7:04 am
Its too bad gamespace is gone now, I think they got shut down or something.

Marbire
August 23, 2003, 6:50 pm
Yeah that was a great server....... hardly anyone ever lagged.

Ardaen
August 23, 2003, 7:38 pm
Except me [:p]

giff
September 26, 2003, 12:17 am
quote:Originally posted by NightCabbage
ahhhhh yes, the long range m79 *sigh*

i miss that :P

Ah yes, I just downloaded 1.1.4 and realized that it has insane range. When was that taken out?

NightCabbage
September 26, 2003, 9:08 am
1.1.0 had the decrease in m79 range.

*sigh* nostalga :P

ClanKwH
September 26, 2003, 3:00 pm
lol but it was still fun killing the cheater.. :P it always ended up in a huge blood bath! :D