( search forums )
Realistic = lame?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SILENT
August 19, 2003, 6:38 am
My question is Why does everyone hate realistic (well not everyone)but about 75% of players hate realistic ....when theyve only played it once or twice and just sayed "ahh this sux...i fall and die...recoil! o man! im leaving" [:D]I think people should like realistic more and have more clans on it....and for the people who come into realistic servers and say "O NO ITS REALISTIC, THIS IS SO LAME IM LEAVING!" i hate you [:D]jk.....And why is there barely any realistic servers...i try my best to run a dedicated at night. They should make a poll on forums to see how many people like realistic or not. (and to see if my 75% is correct)...thanx for reading.

that fuking sniper
August 19, 2003, 6:48 am
If realistic is lame in someones opinion then its lame in his opinion, its a relative thing, if you like realistic, then its not lame for you, but realistic isnt condemned as enything because there is a vriety of opinions of different people about it.

SILENT
August 19, 2003, 6:52 am
nicely said.[^]

Dark_Noddy
August 19, 2003, 2:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by SILENT
when theyve only played it once or twice and just sayed "ahh this sux

its IS true... But (At least IMO) But When U got more skilled, Running round killing and killing and killing Doesnt give u Xitement no more.. Thats when U start liking Realistic, Its cool Running round with a spas-12 and suddenly som idiot apperas What U do ?! Well.. Spas + VERY Close = BAD ! hehe Get my point ?! 1 shell in the head/cheast sectoin and the Guy is VERY dead ! Thats Xiting... Knoing U can die in moments even if The guy hasnt got a M79, Barret or LAW/Knife... Hell U might die from Ur fall !

I've commed 2 LIKE Realistic MUCHO :D hehe.. As long as its not laggy and no n00bs or just iddz runn round spamming with some GD Minigun...

TheKnightoftheMare
August 19, 2003, 2:12 pm
real is fun even with all the rugers n00bs.The only thing I hate about real is fall damage, it needs to be fixed now.

juice _ box
August 19, 2003, 3:36 pm
its fun for about 11 minutes a week because i wonder into a random server but besides that i dont play.

b00stA
August 19, 2003, 6:22 pm
Imo, realistic mode is one of the best features that were implemented for some time now.
Fall damage? Very nice, you have to think a bit more. Line of sight? Think even more. Good. Less health? Yah!

I loved it, I still love it and I will continue to love it. My opinion.

BMF
August 19, 2003, 6:58 pm
I dont like it. I still own on it, but i dont like it.

Think Quake, 1, 2 or 3. It is an awesome game as it is. You make a realistic mode on Quake. What do you get?? I dont know, but its certainly not Quake anymore. Same thing with SOldat, RM changes the game completely. You can like it, or you may not. But its not Soldat anymore.

The weapon balance shifts completely. Tactics change, the whole game changes. You may like it, i dont

Cookie.
August 19, 2003, 8:14 pm
I like it for a change every once in awhile

F3nyx
August 19, 2003, 10:04 pm
I love RM, I'll always choose it over regular if I can.

It would be cool if you could only turn on some of the realistic mode features - so you could have just low health, or just LOS, or just recoil, or any combination of the changes that it makes.

eyic
August 19, 2003, 11:32 pm
yeh realistic is the best game mode so far, Survival is just weird and too much of a rip pof Counter-Strike, Reaslistic mode owns!

SuperKill
August 20, 2003, 12:06 am
realistic mode requiers way less skill, and doesnt allow wide gameplay like a normal soldat match (unrealistic)
u really wanna see more clans moving to realistic mode tourneys ?
OH THE HORROR ;S

BMF
August 20, 2003, 12:45 am
RM does not require less skill, it requires a bit diff skill, thats all

SILENT
August 20, 2003, 12:51 am
woah! i didnt know people have about the same opinions as me....anyways i think realistic requires about the same...but you non real fans.....dont you get sick of using the same 2 weapons all the time? thats why i dislike non-real.

Topi
August 20, 2003, 1:23 am
I don't like RM to much, if i play a game, i don't want to have to worrie about falling to my death, when aiming to make a shot.

n/a
August 20, 2003, 1:42 am
i hate it

SILENT
August 20, 2003, 3:15 am
and your reason?

Cookie.
August 20, 2003, 4:02 am
yea why do u hate it

Chakra
August 20, 2003, 7:30 am
The border between Real and Non-Real mode players seems as big as two distant nations with two different languages and religions, each claiming a general unpleasantness towards the other.

Being a realistic-only player myself, I would bluntly claim that the game requires quicker reflexes, rather than timelessly wrestle other players with 1-shot killing barrets or exchange fire with barely damaging weapons, and forces more considerations on the player, rather than let it fall to a simple kill and kill again affair, and demands one evades or hides from enemy fire tactically, rather than endure what little pain is dealt while casually priming a barret.

And as much as I may consider any of that true, alot of people do love non-realistic, and no doubt with good reason. More people play non-real and more people like it.

I can only imagine this to be because its simply the default mode. I took to realistic mode first, and found myself immediately preferring it. Later into the game I tried non-real but it was too unfamiliar compared to what I was used to: sharpshooting with a ruger, rushing with a shotgun or menacing with a MP5... instead it immediately seemed barret's were overly dominant and all the weapons I was used to using did practically nothing compared to RM.

And I imagine a similar story could be told by non-real players: Finding players dominating with rugers, dieing too quickly, desert eagles being too powerful, etc..

I'd wager the reason people hate realistic mode is because (obviously) more prefer non-real, but find the difference between the two too great. I find it too great a leap from realistic gaming to play non-real and enjoy it, so the same could probably be said by non-real players when considering RM.

SILENT
August 20, 2003, 7:40 am
[:-party][:-propeller][:-bonc01]nicely said chakra....exactly my opinion.....Im with chakra [^]

R
August 20, 2003, 7:40 am
yes (answering thread question) i dont like realistic.

btw. damnn nice 1st post Chakra, you should add nicely to these forums.

Squal
August 20, 2003, 12:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
The border between Real and Non-Real mode players seems as big as two distant nations with two different languages and religions, each claiming a general unpleasantness towards the other.

Being a realistic-only player myself, I would bluntly claim that the game requires quicker reflexes, rather than timelessly wrestle other players with 1-shot killing barrets or exchange fire with barely damaging weapons, and forces more considerations on the player, rather than let it fall to a simple kill and kill again affair, and demands one evades or hides from enemy fire tactically, rather than endure what little pain is dealt while casually priming a barret.

And as much as I may consider any of that true, alot of people do love non-realistic, and no doubt with good reason. More people play non-real and more people like it.

I can only imagine this to be because its simply the default mode. I took to realistic mode first, and found myself immediately preferring it. Later into the game I tried non-real but it was too unfamiliar compared to what I was used to: sharpshooting with a ruger, rushing with a shotgun or menacing with a MP5... instead it immediately seemed barret's were overly dominant and all the weapons I was used to using did practically nothing compared to RM.

And I imagine a similar story could be told by non-real players: Finding players dominating with rugers, dieing too quickly, desert eagles being too powerful, etc..

I'd wager the reason people hate realistic mode is because (obviously) more prefer non-real, but find the difference between the two too great. I find it too great a leap from realistic gaming to play non-real and enjoy it, so the same could probably be said by non-real players when considering RM.

u picked the words out of my mouth :D and as u know chak, im a realistic-only player 2 ^_^ ( rarely non real )

people should put more decent real servers :'( havent played a decent real game in a while now... =/

BMF
August 20, 2003, 5:02 pm
btw Chakra IS good on RM hehe

Squal
August 20, 2003, 6:03 pm
hell yea.... >,< [:-censored]! ;P

Nightmare
August 20, 2003, 6:23 pm
i hate fall damage it needs to be fixed now!
posted by theKnightofthemare.

Squal
August 20, 2003, 6:31 pm
yea.. it else it wouldnt be real... =/

n/a
August 20, 2003, 6:36 pm
why i hate it? well for some reason i just do, feels better with normal mode.
hehe you say it wouldnt be real? is jet boost real? nah dont think so :)

Chakra
August 20, 2003, 6:57 pm
Just a thought thats suddenly occured to me. Instead of falling damage, why not instead have the player just fall over? He wouldn't be able to do anything for, say, 3 seconds while he gets up, but he'd still have all his health.

I just find it a bit annoying when you're on an insane deathmatch rampage killing player after player, and just as you're busy thinking "blimey its good to be me!" you slowly land softly somewhere, and embarassingly die...

Hitman
August 20, 2003, 7:51 pm
I don't like realistic because I find that the recoil is just over the top, the rest is fine, if Mike would reduce the recoil I would play realistic all the time, I think that might be why hardly anyone plays realistic mode.

SILENT
August 20, 2003, 9:47 pm
A Tip: Dont hold down your left mouse button....just tap it fast.......

And yes i hate that to chakra....but its life[:P]

gi.joe
August 21, 2003, 9:01 pm
lol chakra.... do u know your name means rubbish in another language?

Chakra
August 21, 2003, 10:24 pm
You on about the word Chakra, or the little chinese symbol for my avatar?

Squal
August 21, 2003, 10:24 pm
hmm... that it called starhunting...
( this is too, sadly )
and do u know your name means a cartoon/role model/action figure in english? ;)

Chakra
August 21, 2003, 10:27 pm
I thought starhunting was some kind of sci-fi anime cartoon until I read that other topic ....learn something new every day.

SILENT
August 22, 2003, 2:53 am
yup, we do.

Squal isnt your name from final fantasy? and isnt it spelled squall[:-yuck]

sanity
August 22, 2003, 6:55 am
realistic = realistically lame. (woah arent i funny?) [:P]

ive already talked on this topic when realistic first came out and i think apart from the cool cant-see-them-until-they-are-in-your-line-of-site-thingo, it sux0rs.

SILENT
August 22, 2003, 7:19 am
You only cant see them when there behind a surface or wall, lets say in lagrange, you can almost see all the way acrossed it.

and know that wasnt funny at all.[:-ashamed]

BManx2000
August 22, 2003, 3:06 pm
Realistic is nice for a change of pace. Although, most of the time I play it because I stumbled into a realistic server :P

Mossy
August 29, 2003, 4:02 am
lol: reading this is like trying to figure out a phycology lesson or something. The top post of this page has alot of many points but then you gotta read the replys. Too many ppl complain about the RM but that just the difficulty, ppl want an arcade game not some Tom Clancy. It basically runs down to 2 different players - Fraghappy and Tactical. But some gamers, I think the more hard-core or have just played more games can adapt to both styles of gameplay! It all depends on the gamer, some are more complex with their gaming than others.

I'm the Tactical Type, but can still enjoy a little massive Frag! :)

F3nyx
August 29, 2003, 4:28 am
Actually, part of the reason I play RM is because I'm frag-happy... but tactics is good too.

Omenalimonadi-
August 29, 2003, 2:48 pm
Weird. I like them both.