( search forums )
Stationary gun Error
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Toumaz
August 19, 2003, 4:13 pm
I first saw this error when the bot Boogie Man standed at a stationary gun and was firing.
If you have equipped the Chainsaw and fires at at stationary gun the chainsaw sound plays. It shouldn't, alright?
(It's not life threatning, but annoying [:D])
(Hope you can read this text with my English knowledge. [;)])

BManx2000
August 20, 2003, 3:17 am
I've seen people who only speak english but have a MUCH worse english knowledge than you, so don't worry. *LOOKS AT MR BOB* But really, why do people who speak (write?) perfectly good english feel the need to bash themselves?

(but then that's completely off topic ^^ NightCabbage)

... lol

NightCabbage
August 20, 2003, 2:19 pm
heh, but seriously, problems like this exist.

eg. once I was at a SG and it was not only firing the SG bullets, but also my equipped weapon too.

So in fact it may actually be using your chainsaw too...

Another annoying SG bug is when it won't let you use it.

eg. you run up to a SG and it won't activate - so you jump or move away, then go back to it, and it still won't let you on... annoying...

Retribution
August 20, 2003, 3:47 pm
Yes this kept happening to me in ctf kampf and voland

Toumaz
August 29, 2003, 3:22 pm
Yes this is annoying... hope Michal fix it

The Second One
August 29, 2003, 7:53 pm
if the sg doesent activate while your on it, jet yourself like 3-4 times the d00ds height and drop down and u got an sg

F3nyx
August 30, 2003, 2:16 am
Sometimes it seems like, if there's a dead body at the SG platform, the body still has control of the turret, and you have to knock it out of the way with a nade or whatever before you can use the turret. Other times you have to jump, like The Second One said.

NightCabbage
August 30, 2003, 6:02 am
And sometimes you can see the SG there, and no one is on or near it. Yet you still can't control it. You jump, you shoot it, you sing and dance, but nothing.

Toumaz
September 2, 2003, 3:45 pm
Oh My GOD!!
I didn't even think that anyone was going to answer me... [:D]
Yes, that dead body stuff happens sometimes for me too.
Another bad thing is that when a bot passes the SG, he just stops, and shoots, he doesn't respond on bot waypoints.
That maked me to not use SG's in my mostal maps, even where they shoudl fit in good.