( search forums )
DNAgames Imposter! (styx look here)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
R
August 20, 2003, 8:30 pm
For almost the past week there has been a guy on dnagames who goes in as another persons name and ruins their reputations. this has happened to me and i would like to see this guy banned from dnagames. here are screens of his posing as me (note: he is the R with no spaces in between b and R)

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

He was also posing as a player named judge and that forced judge to change his name and start over again building his rep. I really dont like people who do this and i would like to see this person banned from dnagames.

-R

DNA.styx
August 20, 2003, 8:35 pm
Nothing can be done about people using others name (at the moment), if I go through the logs I will not be able to tell who's who.

Social Poison
August 20, 2003, 9:05 pm
I was there for this. I don't think judge should worry too much. It's easy enough to tell who is being the a**hole and who's being real.

Heck one was using a minigun... wonder which one that was

SERIAL KILLeR
August 20, 2003, 10:26 pm
if u knew the ip of "R" or "judge" (if it doesnt change all the time) would u be able to tell in the ip of the imposter in the logs.

Retribution
August 20, 2003, 10:44 pm
yeah I was palying in dnagames this morn and saw a judge using minigun.R was there to

TIR_Blade
August 20, 2003, 10:51 pm
ya i was there when there were 2 judges
it blows but dna is right not much u can do

fabmanx
August 20, 2003, 11:08 pm
yea and that Judge guy said he was R's brother

SuperKill
August 21, 2003, 1:10 am
that imposter did it to me too..
my sulotion is notifying that the "real" you wont talk while the imposter is here.
that way all the others can see the imposter making a fool out of himself

eyic
August 21, 2003, 1:28 am
sheesh, really strange, hmmmm hopefully this imposter loses his evil ways, and is it just me or do you guys think its somone from the forums.....

N1nj@
August 21, 2003, 2:57 am
ya imposters are everywhere, i remember the time when illskills.Bot+ was a imposter, he used the name "RedSfear" and joining in dnagames.net and saying he is the real one...too bad everyone finds out he is a fake because his pant color is different.

R
August 21, 2003, 3:27 am
well styx you can tell who is me in that picture because my name is: {B}- R -{H} and the imposter was using the name {B}-R-{H}, so we had different names. my name had the spaces his did not. so that way you can look up his ip cant you? just a thought, but i just didnt like that he kept the names of the people he was posing as for so long. btw judge is my brother but he was posing as him therefor saying that he was my brother. if you ever see judge again its not my brother hes the guy posing as other people, my brother changed his nick.

BeatMeUp
August 21, 2003, 10:55 pm
Most server have hardly any admin or anyone maintain it (i've played in over 50 different Server and over 200 game or more) i've only seen 2 to 4 admin that ask whats going on in the game and kick lagger. Only the admin can see the ip logs of the player so even if anyone send u the logs u can't tell who that player is unless u are the Server owner and cross check the logs but the logs also over write the ConsoleLog every next day (I think). Can't the game be like u need to reg ur nick before play the game since u are playing online and the info will be send back to lobby. and what happen to the DNA server it's missing from the lobby.

BManx2000
August 21, 2003, 11:36 pm
Yes, Michal said he might implement a nick registration system in 1.1.6, but there's nothing for sure.

iLLskiLLs
August 22, 2003, 12:49 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
ya imposters are everywhere, i remember the time when illskills.Bot+ was a imposter, he used the name "RedSfear" and joining in dnagames.net and saying he is the real one...too bad everyone finds out he is a fake because his pant color is different.

UM no.
Do not be simple minded bluey. If i was under a the name RedSfear, does it even look like bluesfear? And Why would i say I was the real one? their is a fake redsfear? Yes it was me And i never said i was you. as in when u asked i said this is illskills... and besides their was no other RedsFear in soldat. and i done this Soley for your amusement.. Bluey seeing how you are easy entertained afterr all i wasnt under the name Bluesfear was i????

quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
too bad everyone finds out he is a fake because his pant color is different.

I mean yeah, Surely they could not tell because of NAME DIFFERENCE. Redsfear Bluesfear think long and hard about it bluey =) had nothing to do with pants..

N1nj@
August 22, 2003, 2:04 am
i dont think you got my point, when you are under the name RedSfear, you said "I am bluesfear, the other one was fake" or something smiliar to that. Ardean could be the witness. and i was like "You must be illskills" and you were like "no" etc. and after awhile, a guy named illskills.bot joined and RedSfear was idling. then after illskills.bot talked awhile, illskills.bot started to idle and RedSfear talked. and that go on and on until you got kinda bored and left. So both illskill.bot and RedSfear left the server at the same time :P.

i dont really care, i just wanted to state that this is an issues...