Tribe-dat Update! 10/07/03
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
SoldatStriker
August 21, 2003, 6:44 pm
Hi, this post is about

[IMAGE],

a Tribes mod for Soldat.

For those of you who been keeping along, I have a couple updates:

First of all, the SFX folder is finally finished. I've spent a lot of time testing, retesting, and discriminately picking only the best sound effects from both Tribes and Tribes 2 respectively, and I'm glad to say that Tribes fan will not be disappointed.

As for weapons, which is the bread and butter of the mod, many are complete, but from what I can tell you, the following will definitely be included in the mod:

>Blaster
>Chaingun
>Storm Hammer (also known by its weaker name, the Spinfusor)
>Laser Rifle
>(A yet undisclosed classic from Tribes 1)
>Shocklance

*My sincerest apologies to fans of the Fusion Mortar

All of the music from Tribes 2 will be included in mp3 format, so registered users can use the mp3 player for a more Tribes-like experience.

Also, two interfaces will be included.

The tentative release date for Tribe-dat is September 12th, 3 days after my birthday(I was born on the release date of Sega's Dreamcast).

That's all of the information I intend to release for now. As always, I'm eternally greatful for the continued support of both the Soldat Community and dedicated Tribes players. Without your support, this mod would not be possible.

Oh yeah, and one other thing...

Here's a shout out to Dalmar, long time Tribes player and former leader of the Tribes clans the Midnight Rapiers and Lost Affinity. He introduced me to Tribes long before I'd fully grasped the concept of online competive PC gaming, besides him also introducing me to Soldat years afterward.