( search forums )
Napalm
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Frosty
August 21, 2003, 9:01 pm
Awhile back another player suggested several types of new grenades that could be implemented into the game. One of these was a napalm sort of flame grenade.

The thought of having a few Soldats on fire is amusing to me.

These could also have tactical advantage, forcing players to jump or fly over areas that are currently on fire.

xXxRaithexXx
August 21, 2003, 9:03 pm
Yeah That sounds fun and Amuzing

KAMIKAZE VIKING
August 22, 2003, 1:35 am
ya seeing little people running around on fire does tickle my fancy .....
[:P]
hmmmmm.....

you have the flag, throw fire grenade, gives you time to run!

anyway....good idea!

[^]

fabmanx
August 22, 2003, 5:18 am
eh.....might work might not....lets hear from other people....

Mojoman316
August 22, 2003, 5:48 am
Seems like a fun idea, but also seems like it would take a load of coding. There isn't currently anything in Soldat that makes a area hazardous for a limited amount of time.

NightCabbage
August 22, 2003, 9:09 am
Well it would be damn annoying if someone threw a nade at me and my Soldat just ran around in circles burning...

It would... suck :P lol

But funny, yes ^^

Cr4cK
August 22, 2003, 9:57 pm
this is the good!!!!!! I like flame!!!! I LIKE BBQ SPIDERS!!!

F@NTOM
August 22, 2003, 10:35 pm
good idea!! I just love the smell of napalm in the morning! :)))

NuZZ
August 22, 2003, 11:50 pm
yeah, stuff the soldat running round, just make em on fire till die, and maybe if u roll 2 times the fire rolls off!

?
September 1, 2003, 8:10 pm
its would be great if they would scream while on fire, that would tickle MY fancy =P

doffencom
September 1, 2003, 8:15 pm
and instant death in the fire would suck... Make it buuuuurning...

Frosty
September 2, 2003, 11:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by doffencom
and instant death in the fire would suck... Make it buuuuurning...

This is exactly what I am implying. A burning soldat would be a slowly dying one.

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 3, 2003, 1:29 am
maybe make it so that the polygon that touches the nade will turn into a damage poly, making the hurting effect

AerialAssault
September 4, 2003, 11:30 pm
great idea, itd be great for multi kills

AerialAssault
September 4, 2003, 11:30 pm
great idea, itd be great for multi kills

Kamikaze_Ninja
September 4, 2003, 11:37 pm
hrmm delete dbl post anyways might work depending on how much damage and maybe if that idea about the mud will be implemented you could jump in and put it out.

Dragon88
September 4, 2003, 11:48 pm
problems with that approach:
1) How do you know what tris are on fire?
2) grenade lands on seam between tris, which one gets the flame?
3) with small tris (which are often used on the hills and stuff on good maps) just not enuff flame to be worth it.

Deleted User
September 4, 2003, 11:49 pm
yeah!!! nalpam r0x... if many peaples use nalpam, maybe kills many peaple if works( MASTA KILLA ) :D, but... where the nalpam down? map close or open?

Frosty
September 4, 2003, 11:55 pm
I was thinking napalm could be a powerup.

Deleted User
September 4, 2003, 11:57 pm
ah... ok ;D

Deleted User
September 5, 2003, 12:12 am
... okz :D

Hiroshto
September 5, 2003, 4:54 am
yes Napalm is a good suggestion, though it would be good as a bonus weapon like Cluster Bombs & can also be launched from the Mortar.

Deleted User
September 6, 2003, 3:18 am
but... its only maps: bigs and longers, because if play maps so small, dont have fun :P, you killing other peaples and killing your self :P

?
September 6, 2003, 8:11 pm
swat, shut up. hopefully it will be put in 1.16 its the best nade idea i've seen

CardBoardWarrior
October 10, 2003, 2:32 am
yeah^^ and i was just thinking, lol
what if ina closed small map like, arena 2 say, a couple ppl set off napalm grnades. then all the soldats would die of carbon monoxide poisoning!!!

saltgurkan
October 10, 2003, 11:08 am
napalm would ROX!!! that would be so cool!!

GoldAnt_Number1
November 26, 2003, 11:50 pm
mh, carbon monoxide?, what i'd like to see is some poison gas, mmmh :) just green clouds floating over the ground slightly above head level. Can't stay in the air forever :) hee hee

Ivan0
November 27, 2003, 3:07 am
plastic exposives into masses!!

Weed
November 27, 2003, 3:46 am
there is something even easier than napalm (cmon, u want this to look like freakin worms?)
that shoould work like... some kinda of a bonus that comes every once in a while... kinda like a flash nade... that makes a light explosion that causes the others to be blind for some seconds :D
i cant think of something better for a new type of nade, since napalm would really suck, u throw it, and the land around it gets on fire? sounds like a molotov cocktail and not like a napalm....
the flash nade idea is totally not going to work btw ;)

frogboy
November 27, 2003, 5:45 am
quote:Originally posted by GoldAnt_Number1
mh, carbon monoxide?, what i'd like to see is some poison gas, mmmh :)

Carbon Monoxide is a poisonous gas, taken up before oxygen, and it is contained in cigarrette smoke. Thats another good idea: /smoke should let off fumes, and slow everyone down.