( search forums )
UDP-Protocol?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Smilie
August 21, 2003, 9:31 pm
Hi,
I searched in the whole Server Corps-Forum, but I didn't find a Post about the UDP-Protocol used in Soldat. [:-weepn]
This protocol is neccessary for my provider to run a linux dedic server. Does someone have this protocol? Or where can I find informations or details about it?

Greets
Smilie

N1nj@
August 21, 2003, 11:48 pm
isnt it 23073 and 23074?
i m not sure, better off with another helper.

toadsMoke
August 22, 2003, 4:09 am
Close.... ports 23073 and 23083.

both tcp and udp need to be enabled.

Smilie
August 24, 2003, 7:25 pm
Hi there!
I need a / the UDP - Protocol-File of the Linux-Server. How to change and enabe ports (and which ones) is clear.
Reason: My provider needs this file to check if the server is running correctly. Without it, (he says) it isnt possible to launch a soldat server :-(
Is there a way to get this UDP-Protocol File?

Greetings
Smilie

toadsMoke
August 24, 2003, 10:59 pm
well, the 1.1.5b2 linux server is quite buggy. you may as well wait for the 1.1.6 linux server to be released. i don't know anything about a UDP protocol file. ill try to find what you are looking for.

Smilie
August 27, 2003, 4:18 pm
it would be great if you find something.... ;-)

Smilie
September 2, 2003, 4:40 pm
hmmm
are there so less informations as i think there seem to be? :-(

SamY
September 4, 2003, 5:18 pm
what do you (or your ISP) mean by UDP-file?
As far as I am aware, all computers connecting to the Internet (i.e. it has an IP address) will already know about UDP. All linux servers should already know about udp, so there is nothing you need to install to run a soldat server.
You may need to tell your ISP what ports you need to allow, because they may need to change their firewall or access lists to allow those ports through to your server.

abaddon
September 10, 2003, 2:12 pm
if you use tcp/ip then you *should* have udp because if the internet uses tcp/ip then soldat would use udp/ip becuase udp and tcp both use ip but are differnt protocols. But udp is faster i.e. udp is a connectionless (like mail once the letter(packet) is sent you dont worry about it) whereas tcp is connection-oriented (like telephone system once connection is made it stays until its closed)

hope that helps, dunno much about linux so cant help u with that