( search forums )
Don't shoot! I'm unarmed!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Chakra
August 21, 2003, 10:12 pm
I can't say if anyone else has had this or posted on the subject, but I find myself spawning occasionally without my primary weapon.

I've noticed that it might be somehow related to respawn times being too quick, and mebbe something to do with being in the air when you die....possibly something to do with your gun falling to the ground?

maybe the gun starts a timer for when it should dissapear when landing on the ground, and if that timer isn't hit by the moment you respawn it assumes you still have the gun you had when you died, hence why you're not given a new gun once you spawn.

..just a theory. Any ideas?

Dark_Noddy
August 21, 2003, 10:53 pm
Use Search ! This has been posted MANY times :P I would Find I link 2 ya.. But I'm 2 F***ing Sleepy !

NightCabbage
August 22, 2003, 10:10 am
Yes, this bug is known as the no weapon bug.

It has been plaguing us all for many a version now...

It's less frequent now, but still happens.

Should get fixed soon (we hope!)

Chakra
August 22, 2003, 2:06 pm
Ahhh well ...no harm done

NightCabbage
August 23, 2003, 7:40 am
actually 2 cute innocent fairies lost their wings because of this thread

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

:'(

roflmfao

SILENT
August 23, 2003, 7:47 am
poor fairies,[:-nonono]

sqweek
August 23, 2003, 9:29 pm
quote:I've noticed that it might be somehow related to respawn times being too quick

I've noticed the same thing - in ctf I find it tends to happen when I die *just* as the respawn timer clicks over, so I'm only dead for like a nanosecond.
Also, I only recall seeing it happen in lag situations, so perhaps the timer you were talking about is a consequence of latency/ping.