( search forums )
Mommy, wow! I'm a big kid now!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
kleinheero
August 22, 2003, 12:35 am
Mommy, how come I killed myself while launching a grenade in the air? [V] I can't believe this bug is still in the game. Also, how come I suddenly die and the "death" list doesn't list me as dead? It doesn't even say, "You've been killed by so-and-so."
Mommy make things all better, please! [;)]

Oh, and I was playing this infiltration map on a huge server with like 20 other people. This guy named "ask me if you want to know" captured the blue flag, then did this crazy dissappearing thing! next thing you know he scored in 5 seconds from capturing the flag all the way to scoring. It was that map where the red team has to go up the hill and blue can camp easily. [}:)]
My next encounter with this guy was on the same map, at the ditch under where the flag is in blue base. He had an AUG and I had a Ruger. Yet, again he was all over the place on my screen! It's like he kept teleporting all over the place![:-weepn]
The blue team "booed" the red team cause they "cheated". I dont' know what this red guy did, but man was he super fast. I don't know if it was lag, but that server was lagging alot. problem is, no one could hit that guy! I'm sure the red team was happy they had such a [:(!].

NightCabbage
August 22, 2003, 10:25 am
Firstly - grenade air suicides:
Fun fun fun, that bug's been with us for a while now :P

An evil effect of lag - also you can actually kill yourself with the Barret if the lag's just right. Now that's funny.

Secondly - Death without apparent cause:
Every time this happens it's because someone actually killed you, or you sucided. If someone kills you it even adds to their score, but it just doesn't mention it. So it's always funny when you are flying around and the next thing you know your limbs are falling off and you can't move - you're dead :P
And quite often it takes a second or 2 for you to actually die lol

Thirdly - Yes, the guy was cheating. Using a speed hack that enabled the user to move a very fast speeds, and thus teleport on everyone's screens due to lag.

If anyone is caught using this cheat, they will be banned. From this forum, the lobby server, and thus all Soldat servers. This ban is permanent. Cheating will not be tolerated. Rawr.

Frosty
August 22, 2003, 5:33 pm
The title of this thread.

It is a commercial jingle. Is it for pull-ups training pants?

kleinheero
August 22, 2003, 8:30 pm
How do you guys permanetaly ban people? Is it computer magic? :O!

NightCabbage
August 23, 2003, 7:36 am
Magic, no.

It's just a plain old ban =)

frosty - indeed it is ;)

kleinheero
August 23, 2003, 8:23 am
but how does it work? and why do I do from launching a nade in from the air? I know it's a bug, but what happened? bad coding or something? anyhow, i don't remember the name of the guy with the hack, but how would you ban someone formthe lobby server? and every other server? is there a list i can see of already banned people?

kleinheero
August 23, 2003, 10:09 am
Excuse me God of Soldat, but there seems to be a problem among the great servers now. I've seen more and more people use the so called "teleport" hack by utilizing their lag. I know there's an anti-lag and anti-hack in the game, but maybe we can have a new feautre where you make a server and you can set the highest ping accepted. EX: If someone exceeds your bar set, they will be banned.
Anyway, these "people" (could be anything) move incredibly fast, but are still vulnerable to death. But I hate it when I see some little "rabbit" move across the screen etting my flag when i just came outta my base in ctf_b2b.
Should I tell who it was?
Server - Shadowline.net server
Time - around 1:30am PST
name - It might not help but the name was several lines=> ||||||||||||||||||
Victims - Vietcong, me, {A.I.M}Kamikaze, all of blue team, the noobs, the low pinged guys (me again), um...soldat community was hurt too.

I saw this site with Soldat hacks. Can I report it to somewhere?

NightCabbage
August 24, 2003, 2:00 pm
God of Soldat (lol I'll assume you're talking about Michal)
:P

Yes, it's true, the evil speed hack is running rampant :'(

So sad, it seems that if given a chance, people will always ruin a great game because they want to feel big about themselves.

I truely hope for their sake that they learn one day...

As for reporting any cheaters / sites you should either PM or email me, or email Michal.

The cheaters usually suffer from an accute case of cowardice too, and thus will not use their normal names.

There is a list of banned people, however it is not generally public.

Also, there is a ping limit that you can set in your soldat's config.exe setup.
If a player exceeds the set ping, they will be kicked and banned for 15 minutes.

palloco
August 25, 2003, 9:33 am
Hmm suiciding with grenades, I hate that since I am an assaulter player and grenades are my primary weapon. Btw there is another bug about suiciding. If you throw the knife forward and there is lag you run the risk of crossing your own knife :(. LOL Happened to me twice.

NightCabbage
August 25, 2003, 11:40 am
Yes, and you can also kill yourself with the barret :P
But only if you're really lucky hehe

BeatMeUp
August 25, 2003, 6:14 pm
my fav is M79 suicide. fire a shot in mid air trying to hit a enemy then keep running after he ran off and once a while I shot myself :D

u don't even need lag here :P

kleinheero
August 25, 2003, 8:27 pm
Does ASE have an option where you can add someone to your buddy list and find their IP address? :) Good intentions! ;0

NightCabbage
August 26, 2003, 4:26 am
Yes, m79 suicides are always funny ^^

And ASE may tell you IP addresses, however I'm unsure if it does.