( search forums )
Soldat make I want kill
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
peemonkey
August 25, 2003, 6:51 pm
i didnt notice the coincidence until recently, but around the same time i installed 114, every time i turn on my pc, the moniter would go blank, then be in 8-bit!! so every time i turned it on, i'd have to change the res to 24-bit(even made a shortcut for control panel). when soldat got too damn buggy, i uninstalled it. then POOF!! no more color crap! now im afraid that if i install it again, ill get the same thing. anyone else get that-know how to fix it?

H
E
L
P
!
!

NightCabbage
August 26, 2003, 4:24 am
Well, simply installing a program only copies files and makes a few registry entries, and thus should not have any impact whatsoever.

Running a game that changes colour modes can cause problems, but simply having files on your computer cannot.

But make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card and Driect X 9.0b

But try it out :)

peemonkey
August 27, 2003, 11:50 pm
i got the goods... and i completely removed soldat. oh well. 1.1.6 is supposed to come out soon, right?

NightCabbage
August 28, 2003, 2:38 pm
Shouldn't be too far away.

But I'd still like to get to the bottom of your problem...

peemonkey
August 28, 2003, 11:38 pm
i just won the california lotto! $2500! (ok not that much, but im poor) i guess ill just get a new vid card...along with a whole bunch of other goodies...

NightCabbage
August 29, 2003, 4:49 pm
w00t :) congrats dude.

What video card are you gonna get? :)

peemonkey
August 29, 2003, 11:29 pm
what doth thou recomendest?

NightCabbage
August 30, 2003, 6:01 am
Well, there are only a few options :)

First of all, how much do you want to spend?

A) lots :)
B) medium amount :|
C) bugger all :(

C - you win lotto. you buy a crap card. you can run most games, but with the detail turned down...
C consists of cards like the GeForce 4 MX, GeForce FX 5200, Radeon 9200, etc.
They all suck ;)

B - you win lotto. you buy a mediocre card. it does the job, but you would like it to have that extra grunt needed to run the latest games at high resolutions with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering with ALL the settings on HIGH muhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B consists of cards such as the GeForce 4 Ti4200 and 4800, Radeon 9500 and 9600, GeForce FX 5600
GF 5600 is crap...

Thus, enter A.

A is happy.
A consists of things like 'ATI Radeon 9800 pro', 'nVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra' and that's about it really :P lol!

There are only 2 sorts, but many variants of both.

So you have 2 options to make.

a) medium or high end?
b) ATI or nVidia

My recommendation is this:

ATI Radeon 9800 pro.

peemonkey
August 30, 2003, 6:57 am
thanks. im so poor i had my first fish dinner with some of my newly acquired bank. pathetic, isnt it? well ill go for the ATI Radeon 9800 pro, thanks alot night cabbage

NightCabbage
August 30, 2003, 8:55 am
heh, cool :)

But make sure you don't spend extra money for nothing.

eg. I have a Radeon 9800 pro

I bought it for $677 AUD

Some others were selling for over $900 AUD, and mine scored best in the roundup reviews :)

PowerColor is the brand.

palloco
August 30, 2003, 10:23 am
I would first check if the computer support such an excellent card. 9600 and 9700 are also good if you do not want to spend the same amount of money which you could employ buying a new computer

palloco
August 30, 2003, 10:30 am
Not moderated? Why does not it just put posted?

NightCabbage
August 30, 2003, 12:34 pm
Providing you have at least an AGP 4x slot on your motherboard it will work fine.
But it prefers to have an AGP 8x slot :)

and palloco - it is done so that all posts can be approved before being visible by others.