( search forums )
SOLDAT OFFCIAL LEAGUE!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
szkodi
August 26, 2003, 12:09 pm
Hi guys!

I have a great idea! :P Soldat haven't got any great league, yeah? :) In [URL] site we can see a lot of leagues in Quake, UT, FIFA, Half-Life, T&T, Vietcong etc. If we will send a petition for create a soldat league we will have it! Please click http://www.clanbase.com/ladderpetition_vote.php?lpid=113 if you support my idea and write something ;P heh. what do You think about this idea? BTW sorry for my poor english ;/

--text from double post:

heh Already we have 7 votes. Anybody will help us? Please guys! Do this for all Soldat community!

K
August 26, 2003, 1:25 pm
Ow, than I signed in the wrong forum.

Oh well...

TIR_Blade
August 26, 2003, 2:21 pm
THERE I VOTED

N1nj@
August 27, 2003, 3:02 pm
we already have a SOLDAT OFFICIAL LEAGUE, like you said. http://www.turrino.com

BMF
August 27, 2003, 4:04 pm
*coughs* right now we dont

Social Poison
August 27, 2003, 4:12 pm
lol, do I LOOOOOOOOOOVE onine politics or what!?

-_-'

------------------------------
From a webmaster's perspective
------------------------------

One of the perhaps unmentioned reasons that some people (especially budding webmasters) enjoy smaller online communities like Soldat or Liero is because they have the oportunity to make pages like the one above, that may already be monopolized by other sites.

I don't think we should have Soldat be in a cookie cutter league... perhaps someone will be able to make their own ladder ^_^

BMF
August 27, 2003, 4:46 pm
i just posted my vote. I suggest everyone to do the same!!

Also check this out, its all in german tho

http://www.esl-europe.net/de/soldat/1on1/ladder/results/

enjoyincubus
August 28, 2003, 12:51 am
Guys...there's this one lesser known place...have you heard of it?

www.turrino.com

SCTFL is official, so just deal with it. We don't follow the lame rituals of CS or Quake for many a reason, one of them being that SOLDAT IS NOT CS OR QUAKE. WE DON'T NEED TO FOLLOW THEIR RULE TO BE DEFINED AS "COOL"...

Again, I urge you to see the facts straight: SCTFL is official. Michal announced it (thanks to me...no thanks needed [:D]) and there's a link to it. We wouldn't want an uprising, now would we? *pats on head and turns, as if going to say something. Stares for a second, before walking out and locking cage* ;)

Enjoy

BMF
August 28, 2003, 4:44 am
One question.... what the HELL are you talking about dude??

You know how many CS leagues are out there?? Do you know how many Quake leagues are out there?? How many of them are "official"?? I dont know and i dont care. I just join a league and play there.

THe more Soldat leagues there are, the better. STFL maybe "official" or whatever you want to call it. But IT IS NOT FUNCTIONING ATM. What is your problem people?? Why not make a ladder on a legit site that hosts dozens of leagues and have matches there?

EI there ARE other soldat ladders except for SCTFL. There had been there *before* SCTFL, they are gonna be there *after* SCTFL. So just "deal with it"

N1nj@
August 28, 2003, 2:39 pm
BMF, IT IS FUNCTIONING ATM! dumbass, just that you dont stay on the forum as much, doesnt mean is not working.

meandor has made another site long time ago, the topic is http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=6736 and the site is http://www.turrino.com

and BMF, no there is not, when did you start playing and know there are ladders/leagues before SCTFL, huh? huh?

the 1st non-official league was bring up by Spike, then because of the hosting, it was closed down. and then it was bring back by me, MJ and Spike. with the Season 1. while we are in the season 1, Mj left for a unknown reason and EI told Michal about this league and hoping he will make this the official Soldat CTF League. and Michal said yes and he also posted a topic on the forum and on the main site about.

quote:From the post by Michal Marcinkowski
The Soldat Capture the Flag League is now official. With over 25 clans already signed up it's a big event. So don't wait with your clan and join them in the struggle for the best Soldat CTF team!

then this league was the 1st and official Soldat ctf league :D. end of story. bye.

sauron_the_deceiver
August 28, 2003, 3:10 pm
I think that the less leagues there are the better. It keeps the Top 10 all in a nice neat pile, and noone can argue 'Well we won Soldat League #267!! Beat that!'

As Social Poison would put it, -_-'

SILENT
August 29, 2003, 2:18 am
Done voting....

Whats this fighting![V]
"i have a dream that people on the forums would stop fighting and just hush [8D]"

Wait that will not happen. bye *poof

TIR_Blade
August 29, 2003, 3:18 am
I just want different type of Tournaments. Maybe not this one i just voted because it seemed like i was supporting soldat but I like a change. Like the SWW for instance thats the biggest change in a tourney i've seen here so that's y i am supporting it. Any1 else have a creative idea go ahead and make a tourny of it and ill join.

szkodi
August 29, 2003, 5:23 pm
come on guys! Why we have only 16 votes? Vote for Soldat!!!

BMF
August 29, 2003, 6:38 pm
If we all play SCTFL, it does not mean that we cant support Soldat on other domains. GO OUT AND VOTE!!

If we organize a ladder there, more people would want to play Soldat. Thats my motivation

N1nj@
August 29, 2003, 7:29 pm
lol. how much vote you need to get soldat ladder started there?

BMF
August 30, 2003, 3:43 am
if like 50 people vote, we will get it started np i think

szkodi
August 30, 2003, 2:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
lol. how much vote you need to get soldat ladder started there?

Minimum 60 and already we have ONLY 16!!!!!! Guys! Please vote for Soldat! :P

Avskum
August 30, 2003, 2:57 pm
mm i voted.
What do we have? One 1v1 ladder, one ctf league.
And the redeemer tournament, whatever thats going to be.
A tdm ladder would be fun, and why not keep it on clan base?

szkodi
October 10, 2003, 6:28 pm
Up! Guys! Why we have ONLY 36 votes? Please do this one more time!

enjoyincubus
October 10, 2003, 10:09 pm
I don't think there are enough sellouts in Soldat to join these corporate, monopolized "cookie cutter leagues", as Social Poison put it.

Soldat is a community that lives like the Hmong lived peacefully in the remote mountains of Laos-until the 1960's, when Communist...poo heads decided to change things. This is about the equivalent, though it may be on a lower scale. Soldat has lived untainted until now, and I hope the efforts for Soldat to "fall into line with the rest of the games" fail miserably...