( search forums )
Server bug, autoban
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Optik
August 28, 2003, 1:07 am
.. anyway like usual i set up a server da da da everything goes smooth, then i decided to take out some weapons to make the game more fun restarted (btw: server not on my comp) and i try to join and i can't, then after awhile i try to join and it says i'm banned.

i go to check to the server whats wrong and it says that cheater reported and IP xx.xx.xxx.xxx is banned

then i invited few people in to join 2 joined ok other 2 got banned also... including Nuuch from mirc chan he was here today....

anyway so yeah i have no idea what the problem is but either it's when you disable guns and you have your secondary weapon set to something thats not on the list
OR this is was just a random bug ban for no reason no idea.....

BTW DNA_Styx:could you pls. unban me from DNA games server, this is probably the problem why i got banned but not sure... and anyways i think many people would support me that i'm not a cheater (those who know me) and i can't play with my clan m8s... would be good if you do but if not o well... :(

N1nj@
August 28, 2003, 2:20 am
what weapons you took out and what weapons you didnt take out? cause that maybe the problem/bug

NightCabbage
August 28, 2003, 2:40 pm
Have you installed the 1.1.5 fix?

It can be downloaded here:
http://soldat.cyberion.pl/fix-mirrors.htm

Also note that occassionally certain combinations of weapons (especially disabling all primaries) can cause the server to ban people.

Optik
August 28, 2003, 8:45 pm
yeah i got the bugfix, and i took out everything exept ruger,LAW, chainsaw and knife, and desert eagles...

NightCabbage
August 29, 2003, 4:54 pm
Well I once had my secondary set to LAW, and played on a certain server a few times that had the LAW disabled.

No problems occurrs, except that I spawned without a secondary :P

But until a fix comes out just use a combination that works.