( search forums )
I need a real Modification!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 28, 2003, 1:48 pm
Okay, all these mods are good and well, but if you think of a game like Quake 3, and take the mod True-Combat, I doesn't only change the graphics and the weapons and the interface, but also adds new maps and game modes and different options in the menu screen. I am not posting any mods just telling you I'd like to see a Split-screen mod, or a new game mode mod, or a mod that adds vehicles into the game. I might be speaking a whole lot of crap, because maybe it's too difficult to do this kind of thing, but there are thousands of mods out there that change the game completely.(That is ofcourse for other games). I'm not insulting anybodys mods I think people have donw a brilliant job of it but how about a mod that introduces different Classes like "Team Fortress" or a mission mode like "Counter-strike" this is what I would like to see and I guess quite a few people would agree with me. But still I can see it takes alot of effort to make the mods we see here today which are really good but if somebody managed to change the whole game, add different game modes, split-screen it would be a breakthrough in the Soldat mods and I'd download it straight away![B)][:D][^]

Meandor
August 28, 2003, 3:10 pm
go read the faq you dumbass =P

JayBDey
August 29, 2003, 1:10 am
quote:Originally posted by Meandor
go read the faq you dumbass =P

I'd expect him to be confused when coming here, a forum for mods and he sees that all they have are skins.

The soldat community would seem a bit backwards to anyone coming from somewhere else, so don't be so hard on him.

peemonkey
August 29, 2003, 3:21 am
michal should make a moddible version so all the turd biscuits would stop askin for cars and all that 5h17. then theyd stfu... angry today, got dumped...killllll......killllll......

Meandor
August 29, 2003, 2:24 pm
i just told him to go read the faq as everyone should do before posting questions.. -.-

carbon kid
September 3, 2003, 5:39 am
play that german one it owns joo

Cookie.
September 3, 2003, 9:11 pm
split screen mode would be quite nice but i think it would be quite hard to doo id like it though so me and friends could use same computer to play instead of having to use 2 different ones on different floors at my house

Meandor
September 4, 2003, 12:02 am
yeah Cookie go playing with Pretzel and Candy =D

NuZZ
September 5, 2003, 7:41 am
Well i donno if that would be wise for just anyone to be able to edit! SH!T! that would be suicide to the game, maybe just a set of people he know, and other people that are trusted who will not fuk around with the game too much. Like moderators.
I vote me!
I vote Eyic!
I vote Night Cabbage!
I vote **Some1elz*

JayBDey
September 6, 2003, 12:11 am
Its a self regulating system. Do you know many people with the skills to code a game? The SDK is nothing like a map editor, you would actually be editing source code.

I know I can't do that, and I don't know many people who can.

And if someone makes a mod that sucks no one will play it, so how would it ruin the game?

PuMa
September 26, 2003, 12:16 pm
My mod ads new maps :)

CardBoardWarrior
November 6, 2003, 4:02 am
when michal is done, and he makes it fully moddable, i tihnk the original version of soldat will dissappear. ppl will have a hard time playing online because of all the different mods. the original soldat will jsut keep changing and stuff i tihnk its a bad idea to make it fully moddable. unless all of us forums ppl unite and vow not to mod it!! lol

Meandor
November 6, 2003, 1:11 pm
- Moved - General discussion -

Marry-Kate Olsen
December 8, 2003, 10:12 pm
Your an idiot.

peemonkey
December 8, 2003, 11:33 pm
your a spammer. why bring this old, buryed topic back up?

Meandor
December 9, 2003, 12:45 pm
Sativa really deserved it =P
and i'm locking this now.