( search forums )
Toolbars
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
M
August 29, 2003, 5:00 pm
How can i delete toolbars because i have a stupid one which annoys me.

BMF
August 29, 2003, 6:49 pm
what kind of toolbar are you talking about?

Tha Doggfather
August 29, 2003, 7:57 pm
just right click on it, then check the ones you wanna see. in windows ME that is...

M
August 30, 2003, 7:21 am
its called ristyejoudn and its really anoyying.

Dark_Noddy
August 30, 2003, 11:00 am
If U havent Been Able 2 remove it yet, How bout A screenie ?!

NightCabbage
August 30, 2003, 12:56 pm
It sounds like one of those "I'm not really a virus... no... I'm your friend!... LOOK OVER THERE!!!" type toolbars :)

You know, the ones that you can't get rid of very easily ;)
And they perform a pretty much useless task but they do send a whole heap of your personal information back to a server :) yay...

IRRiTANT
August 30, 2003, 9:05 pm
lol. Xupiter in disguise! A good way to check for spyware are online virus scanners. Just search in google for "free online virus scanners". Also check the registry [back-up first] for the name of the toolbar and delete any entrys which point to it. That how I killed the annoyin Xuipiter bar that was on my comp, hope it helps.

morpheus
August 31, 2003, 12:24 am
spyware blaster seems to be the going thing to get rid of stuff like that. i've seen mentioned several times on different sites and discussion boards, and it's received quite a bit of high praise, out ranking good progs like ad-aware and the such. i use it myself and it does seem to do a very good job.

if you want to give it a try you can download it from here.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

just make sure to read the directions before using it, and after using it reboot your system.

M
August 31, 2003, 8:49 am
I will try that. I still have this stupid toolbar. I will try to get rid of it. Oh and Xupiter. That was really a pain in the ass. I had that when i had Windows 98.