( search forums )
The Bill of Soldat Rights
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
kleinheero
August 30, 2003, 8:07 am
Dear Soldat World,

Hi, my name is Klein. I've been seeing many new players on the fast servers lately who get criticized. In CTF, Red and Blue teams are so unbalanced skill-wise, yet no one seems to want to switch teams. The players with the best potential, as well as who have the most points, are just tossed to the curb by players with less points, who criticize them with utmost profanity. When one person single-handedly scores 6 points in CTF to win the game, it's an amazing feat, especially when 13 other people are on the server! But if they're using one of the "power" weapons (Barret, M79), they are considered still noob and shunned from clans and ridiculed by the "pure" (the ones who don't use those weapons. I don't even know why they don't, I mean they are so good!).
Now I know no one likes to see a kid with great passion and skill be shot down by an old man, I mean let's face it, words DO hurt, no matter what we think, and bringing a good person down is really the Hell of human scum...which is what I believe.
I propose a certain...unwritten rules that Soldat players everywhere can abide by. Let's take a poll now. Who has ever been killed by some "Soldier" when they were talking? I have, and it's not cool. It's very disrespectful to the person talking. Here you are, chatting with friends or teaching someone a new trick or how to get themselves out of a wall, and suddenly a swarm of enemies start killing everyone around you. Then, this little snail soldier takes hiy AUG and shoots your ass to hell. Now, I don't think giving VITAL information to EVERYONE in the server is worth dying for...do you?[:(!]
You may be asking yourself, "Ok, I won't kill guys that are typing, but how do I know if they're typing?" Good question! Well, that brings me on to the proposed rules:
1. Do not kill a person just standing there, armed or unarmed, flag or no flag, because that is very disrespectful. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be kiled that way.
2. If you and a teammate are running together and you see 2 bulletproof vests, please slow down and take only ONE! Therefore, your teammate can have one and the two of you can go kill the other team with ease. [;)]
3. In Rambomatch, if you don't have the bow, then it will be very hard to get the bow from the opponent by yourself. Therefore, the other people who don't have the bow are your allies. They help you kill Rambo, but after that you gotta chase the flag! So, don't kill your allies, you're not nazis or anything meaner.
4. The minigun and turret are very similiar. In CTF, please be considerate of others' ping and if people ask you not to use the minigun because they can't play when you do, please don't use it. Also, when you fire a minigun at a teammate, it pushes them, and sometimes in undesirable places. I remember a teammate shoot me when I had the flag, then two enemies kept shooting me and i had no control of where I was going. We obviously lost. I accused my teammate of working with the Russians. :)
5. This rule is THE MOST IMPORTANT! Please, this is a game, and take it as a game. You may want to be the bset of Soldat, but some people just want to HAVE FUN. That's why you want to be the best; to have fun! So, don't ruin someone else's fun by doing the opposite of rule #1,2,3, or 4 because sometimes there are mean players and they WILL swear at you.

Well, these are the rules I think are pretty standard. If you agree, tell me a little about what you think and "sign" your name after this post! [^] Thanks for your time!

Kleinheero (a.k.a Klein Lieu)

SoldatStriker
August 30, 2003, 9:51 am
Wow. I like your Soldat code. It reminds me most of Bushido, the code used by Samurai.

However, this is Soldat. So in this case, this is more so "Sushido", which when translated directly comes out as "way of the raw fish".

I have also noticed that there are a lot of rules in your Sushido which are quite similiar to rules in Bushido.

Like for example, how you should never kill your opponent when they are speaking to you.

This is also true in the code of the Bushido; if you attack your opponent in Bushido Blade for PS1, then you will most surely be banished to a Chinese hell and not unlock the secret ending. It is only foolish Gaijin or non-gaijin impersonating foolish Gaijin that most certainly overlook this rule. Also, the ones with memory cards and Bushido Blade 2. Naughty developers are to blame. For shame! You take out more honor in leiw of more blood in your code of the Bushido sequel. What? Are these puritan foreigners not sectful in the feilds?

Surely you must know the folly in bringing a minigun to a confrontation with a samurai! It is only those who have died that can respawn, and foolish Gaijin who can once again become Gaijin once again.

Please defrost the text.

kleinheero, you are a wise and noble stalloin, and I am in full respect of your purpose. Using ink brought down from the mountain, and white tiger tip of beard, I sign.

I am being in existing Striker of Strikero with the level 3 sometimes at end of name, master of Strikero-ryu and heir to the mountain splitting wave succession technique.

I support you fully in your pursuit of Sushido. For it is the way, that is the time itself.

[IMAGE]

palloco
August 30, 2003, 10:03 am
1. disagree, at that way the one with the flag would stay quiet so he is not killed and waiting support. And secondly, when I assault I fire even before I see the enemy so I can hardly know if he is stopped, it would not me my fault if he is talking.
2.Agree
3.But you will have to kill your allies to get the bow
4.Certainly some people using mini or SG are the most annoying with flagging, I agree on that, but you cannot tell anyone to stop using mini: If he is a noob he wont care about that, if he isn't he will bring a good use of the wep.
5.Agree to have fun, but agreeing all those rules will ruin the fun. If for example you prefer to talk, it should not care you if you get killed, you just go again to the same place

Social Poison
August 30, 2003, 10:06 am
Hmmm... I find your conduct code interesting but it has a couple of flaws.

However disrespectful it may be, I doubt anyone who has fought their way through a gauntlet of other enemies is going to stop when they reach an idle flag bearer. One fights too hard and too long to reach the bearer, stop for him to finish his conversation, and then kill them. Undoubtably you'll be killed by the warriors you have just killed (respawn).

I also believe that teaching the inexperienced is a very noble thing to do. However there is a time and a place for training. I have been asked in servers before to help people train (Tweak, for instance). I told him I would, but instead of trying to deal with passing fighters and bearers, I made a server and trained him in peace.

Another thing is training soldiers in a busy server is disrepectful to the other people in the server (and those not in it but wanting to get in). This is especially true if the person you are training is on your team. That leaves your allies 2 warriors down, a significant disadvantage in any soldat arena. Also you are in a sence "wasting" the server space. If you're training someone (an activity that can be done on any server) you are in a sence wasting the space. Very inconsiderate (almost as much as people who leave their computer for 10 minutes to take a phone call, but not quite)

So if an inexperienced soldier asks for training, be kind and help him, but do so in your own server.

------------------------

People also find very little honor in dueling with weapons like Barrets. Personally I haven't heard complains about M79s in some time, but that may just be me.

No matter how wide spread any code is, there will always be someone who dislikes certain weapons. It's an opinion, and people are intitled to them. Just remember, the person who complains about the camper is the person who was just slain by him. The same applies for the barret. Though I would like to see the weapon toned down, it is part of the game and complaining about it implies defeat by it. The same could be said for the minigun (thogh the lag is an interesting point)

CbbLe
August 30, 2003, 10:16 am
-------------"Who has ever been killed by some "Soldier" when they were talking? I have, and it's not cool. It's very disrespectful to the person talking. Here you are, chatting with friends or teaching someone a new trick or how to get themselves out of a wall, and suddenly a swarm of enemies start killing everyone around you."-------------

You just ruin the gameplay for everyone else by standing still and chatting....chat by using mirc or any other program but just standing still and writing ruins alot. I say KILL KILL KILL everyone who types so we finally can get them to do it somewhere else.
Sure sometimes you have to type some tactics during game. Well, use taunts
If you don't have the correct ones for your particular situation then always type while you are waiting to be respawned.

otherwise I kinda agree [:D]

Dark_Noddy
August 30, 2003, 10:29 am
1. I agree With the not killing ppl Just standing there Beeing AFK or Whateva.. But If the Have The Flag !! KILLEM ! PPl Talking.. Is not 2 be killed IMO, Unless they Kill U while Ur talking Cors.. But Its not 2 easy KNoing thE difference Betwen A camper and Som1 Talking... If U clearly see his Talking Dont kill him... And Then Again He shouldnt Shot U in the back While Ur going by !
2. Indeed
3. I only kill ppl Fiering at me First.. Or when Struggeling bout a free Bow
4. I HATE SGS AND MINIGUN ! Basicly I would be happier With Those 2 guns NOT IN THE GAME ! But Thats MO And I have no itention in trying 2 make it happen !
5. hehe... YA !

morpheus
August 30, 2003, 10:47 am
there's been way to many times that i've passed someone up that was typing only to be shot in the back when they were finished. i agree with the respect aspect for the chatter, but it has to work both ways, and in many cases it doesn't.

sauron_the_deceiver
August 30, 2003, 11:38 am
I think killing idlers is fine - teaches them to not be AFK and hog up server spaces. However, if you KNOW someone is chatting (like hes in a conversation and you know it) be respectful and leave them.

I, Sauron_the_Deceiver, he who also names himself Stalky Degree, Vibrant, and Chief Running Bear, rightful warlord of the tribe Lock 'n' Load, hereby sign this sacred parchment, pledging my allegiance to the Soldat Bill of Rights cause.

I also strongly suggest a 6th rule, that of no spawn camping/killing, to prevent the annoyance of unfair advantages to those who bear the chainsaw.

koil
August 30, 2003, 1:18 pm
i'll do it short:

agree with the rules, signs the petiotion, shaking your hand, but as we all know it, it wont happen.
not cuz theyre selfish, not cuz theyre annoying little kiddies who just want to mess things up.
because ppl (like me and many others) havnt got the time to wait for the flag carrier to finish his little chat, and after some wait (even if the chat lasted 6 sec, its still a big time in soldat) waiting to be killed by the spawners (which if they respawn, and you wait for the spawners to come alive, the only choice you got is to kill them, therfore, by trying to follow one rule - you actually have to contradict another rule).

or am i getting this wrong?

btw, i read your post again, and basiclly, your 4 rules are saying be polite and work as a team, and i truly agree with those two.
i just have my doubts if this will really happen (i can do that, you can do that, but evrybody can?).

SuperKill
August 30, 2003, 1:57 pm
1. hell no. if he's afk he shouldn't have dont it with the flag, die fukka ;P
2. bulletproof uhh what ? dont know never saw it in a multiplayer server.
3. lol totally agree ;D
4. i wasnt too happy about the stationary guns aswell, anyway we cant get rid of them (minigunners and people who sit on the SG all day long) i guess.
5. yah ;P

BMF
August 30, 2003, 5:24 pm
if you are typing with a flag on your hands, you are stupid and need to die

I follow certain rules, but mostly during the duels. In ctf i dont spawn kill, thats about it. In duels i do not kill a person if he is typing. I do not kill a person when he chose a wrong weapon. I dont kill a person at least 4-5 seconds after spawn, and etc. But in DM or TM anything goes as far as i am concerned

Kamikaze_Ninja
August 30, 2003, 7:55 pm
I agree with most of this as I pretty much abide to it and with my trusty lil' knife anyone who breaks one of these (used to be unwritten) rules of engagement will be knifed *laughs maniacally, throws a smoke bomb and dissapears*

kleinheero
August 30, 2003, 10:55 pm
I'm very happy to see the many different views on my "Bill of Soldat Rights"! :)! I realize there are many ways around these rules, and people WILL take advantage of them, but if you know someone isn't in a conversation and is just sstanding there WITH a gun, prone or not, kick their little... :)!
Yes, I am a follower of a Bushido-type code. If you guys don't know me, I'm Buddhist. Not to influence everyone with religious ideas, but if I think it's fair, then hell, why not?
And on the flag, sometimes the flag just falls on an AFK guy and I think it's funny that I have to kill them sometimes, cause I feel like a hypocrite. :)
REMEMBER:
This isn't a bunch of rules, this is a legacy us oldies (113 or before) are passing on to the new players. I suggest a site or some post that all new players should read. There can be Soldat slang that's been translated, basic tips on prone, capping, and even a few tricks like the minigun; oh let's not forget the Bill of Soldat Rights. :)
Cbble, I've enver played you before, but I feel like your clan may be the best there is, and have possibly the oldest players-by old I mean how long they've been playing-so people respect you guys more than they respect me or any other freelance player. So, maybe we can organize page for the green ones, as the great Solid Snake once said. Maybe he's not that great... :)

Again, thanks for all the feedback and bashing, I feel grown-up now! :D And, not every kid wants to get on everyone's nerves!

Optik
August 31, 2003, 4:56 pm
ok wtf this is soldat.. WAR god damnit.. who the hell cares about rules in sodlat.. good players have repect for teammates (most of them :P) si they do whatever u said and if not it's jsut a game damnit

umm killing AFK's ok wtf when you join a soldat game you shouldn't be AFK.. what you think you gonna not die in war if you stand in one place ?

god damn n00bs shouldn't go on good servers first of all if they know that experts are on it casue they'd get killed just make your own [:-censored]ing server or join some other n00bs while you learn and when you actually know how to aim then join some better server

so don't be n00bs and stop making stupid excuses of dying damn c'mon this is Soldat.. Killing Spreee.......... hehe

kleinheero
August 31, 2003, 6:48 pm
calm down optik,
Yes, this is Soldat. "Soldier" in German, and as soldiers we need to be united. This has already happened in what we call "clans", the elite. But what about the freelance players? who are we tied to? If this bill gets passed, then every soldat player could be tied to a common goal. :D

BManx2000
August 31, 2003, 7:43 pm
"if this bill gets passed"

Uhh, yeahwhatever.

Really, if you're AFK with a flag, you could at least type /kill so someone else can pick it up and defend it. It sounds good otherwise, but I usually shoot as soon as I see the guy, which doesn't leave much time to consider whether they might be typing. And, if I wanted to use the turret or minigun, or any automatic really, (well maybe not the minigun), I won't let one person stop me just because of their crappy connection. But I do agree about rambomatch and the vests, of course as soon as rambo gets blasted it's basically a free for all for he bow.

SoldatStriker
September 1, 2003, 2:28 am
Sushido

It is the way,

that is of the time itself.

kleinheero
September 2, 2003, 12:51 am
BManx, that sucks. If someone can handle a minigun cause of bad connection, be nice and don't use it right? :D I mean, what if that happened to you? (not likely i bet!) What if cbble or poison or nightcabbage couldn't handle the lag? :D
YOU JUST KILLED...LAG! YOU'RE A HeeRO. :D
be a heero and kill lag, and possibly other annoyances! :D
I didn't realize my rules were so tied to the Bushido code. :D and for those who don't know, Bushido is "the way of the warrior" in Medieval Japan. Read Sun Tzu's Art of War and you WILL see why a Soldat Bill of Rights is A-ok. ;)