( search forums )
New game mode Hunting season.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
M
August 31, 2003, 8:59 am
How about a Hunting season mode. You play as a hunter with all of the weapons and you have to hunth deers, bears, rabbits, birds, etc..
And for any killed animal you get a score. YOu can play as teams or deathmach. Even the hunters can figt eachother for a animal to kill.

morpheus
August 31, 2003, 9:12 am
dunno, it might be interesting. i'll have to take a few weeks and think about it ;)

heh, sounds like m is turning into a regular elmer fudd trying to catch bugs bunny.

M
August 31, 2003, 3:19 pm
Lol. Btw i don't hate bugs bunny.

kkazican
August 31, 2003, 11:04 pm
yeah it might be interesting on some maps depending on the animals and their size.

fabmanx
August 31, 2003, 11:12 pm
hmm...bah i dont like it...were soldiers here not some gay hunters....:) Nice Sig btw M

doffencom
September 1, 2003, 5:50 am
Rename the ruger to hunting rifle for me :)

M
September 1, 2003, 11:39 am
Thnx fabmanx. You also has a good one.

HC_ScubaSteve
September 1, 2003, 5:13 pm
maybe stick in critters in regular maps? but im sure alot of ppl wouldnt want that. animals do sound pretty cool though, so a mode or 1 or 2 new maps would be nice.

doffencom
September 1, 2003, 6:40 pm
animal waypoints to make.. Nah this hunting idea is to much work. For my mind that is.

Hanz
September 1, 2003, 7:30 pm
Animals..come on now! Did you not read the story of soldat, "A bunch of guys decided to get together and kill eachother"...or something like that. Not *A bunch of hunters felt like they needed some relaxation and went hunting for fun*....*sigh*. Im not flaming the idea..okay maybe I am, but it is for the preservation OF SOLDAT!

doffencom
September 1, 2003, 8:24 pm
I wouldn't really mind.. Becouse it could be really fun. But it wouldn't fit to the story. As long as it can be fun I think it can be done. Be we all have our opinions

peemonkey
September 2, 2003, 2:55 am
story? what story? i didnt know soldat had a story. anyway, why not? it'd be kinda kewl to run around with a m79 blowin the 5h17 out of rabits. 65% for it

POSSIBLE ADDITIONS:
1. if animals pick up berzerker, they go crazy and kill everything.(like the rabbit in monty python's holy grail[:D])
2. deer could anbush you in the bushes or something

morpheus
September 2, 2003, 3:39 am
toss in a peemonkey along with the chickens and rabbits and i'll play.

DarkM4
September 2, 2003, 3:54 am
nay

sanity
September 2, 2003, 5:09 am
is this like my goat idea?

Deleted User
September 2, 2003, 11:10 pm
good, but if i kill the animals i got the score? because if the animals attack the soldier? hahahahah its very lol, tigers, fish, hawks attaking soldiers ;D

Frosty
September 2, 2003, 11:27 pm
REDNECK MODE

Mojoman316
September 2, 2003, 11:44 pm
This idea would be good with a little modification. I propose a Manhunt Mode. It's basically like Rambomatch, but the target stays normal while everyone tries to hunt him. The only way to get points is to stay alive (accumulating points Infiltration defender style) and killing your pursuers. The person who kills the target becomes the target, but has a 10-second getaway period.

HC_ScubaSteve
October 5, 2003, 6:24 pm
i decided to dig up this old post cuz the idea is funny! hunting mode would be great!!!!! i like the monty python idea:D

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 1:50 am
quote:story? what story? i didnt know soldat had a story. anyway, why not? it'd be kinda kewl to run around with a m79 blowin the 5h17 out of rabits. 65% for it

POSSIBLE ADDITIONS:
1. if animals pick up berzerker, they go crazy and kill everything.(like the rabbit in monty python's holy grail)
2. deer could anbush you in the bushes or something

Laugh-Out-Loud
Man thats funny....HA ha ha ha ah Nice post....Too bad I dont have enough room in my sig :)

Yeah pwning rabbits, birds, deer, goats and other wildlife would so \/1|_! This idea really turns my crank. I am ALL for it man....Great Idea, I like this idea almost as much as "Team" dinosuar hunting :)

Darac
October 6, 2003, 5:33 am
soon there will be an iraq mode... where the you get points by firring your weapon wildly in the air.

you know m... you could just make a map. add some crappy bots. then make a nod. then play a team game with everyone on your team. and shoot them with friendly fire on...

Lindewell
October 6, 2003, 5:38 am
Hmm. How do ya change LAW into hunting weapon? I'd like to see that.

doffencom
October 6, 2003, 6:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Lindewell
Hmm. How do ya change LAW into hunting weapon? I'd like to see that.

Stfu, as long as we kill the friggin animal!

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 3:04 pm
quote:Hmm. How do ya change LAW into hunting weapon? I'd like to see that.

Fak man, were not gonna save the fur of these animals, were gunna blow the sh1t out of them!!

3rd_account
October 6, 2003, 5:21 pm
I don't think you can do that comparing Darac.

Btw this is a idea I just love to see! Hope we don't get PETA on our backs if it gets implemented :P

Toumaz
October 7, 2003, 3:57 pm
OMFG.

carbon kid
October 8, 2003, 6:22 am
have it soo all the weapons are like hunting weapons then make any other skin other than urs is shapedl ike an animal, and ur skin is like a hunter so when eva u join a server u will be the hunter the rest of the players "look" like deers

HC_ScubaSteve
October 9, 2003, 12:45 am
if the body riot shield is put in then u can throw a fur cape on ur back! ofcourse thats if u dont blow up the critter.

HC_ScubaSteve
October 11, 2003, 3:12 am
come on ppl!!! keep this phenomenal thread up and running!!! this is the second time ive had to dig it up! (is that against the rules:)

Blag
October 11, 2003, 5:07 am
The more enjoyable, engaging modes of play for Soldat - the happier I'll be . . . As far as this suggestion is concerned, in my opinion I think it would be quite cool so long as the animals can ( and do ) fight back were applicable . .

NuZZ
October 11, 2003, 8:19 am
Hey! I was the one that originaly suggested this u know >:(
I forgot the topic, its a dino topic tho :)

HC_ScubaSteve
October 12, 2003, 1:32 am
u did???
hey nice avatar nuzz.