( search forums )
Some bugs I found recently
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
sauron_the_deceiver
August 31, 2003, 1:27 pm
This is pissing me off. I tried installing a map, which did that thing where it complains 'original map scenery cannot be modifed...'. Then the game ****ed up and crashed. When I ran it again, the font had changed...

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] in game TNR.gif101.96 KB

Its turned to Times New Roman! As you can see, it changes the font for the messages at the bottom of screen, like 'Double Kill', 'Killed by ~~~' and 'You killed ~~~'. It also changed the exit menu fonts, but left the player names and stuff alone :S. It has also done it in the game menus...

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] TNR - spell mistake.gif26 KB

Please help me with this, it makes the game look manky. I have various versions of Soldat installed (different mods etc) and this has happened to ALL of them (but not Soldat 1.0.5b), so maybe something has happened to Direct X or something? But then, wouldn't this bug affect 1.0.5b as well?

(You'll notice DNAgames banned me - I honestly wasn't doing anything naughty. Michal, if you are reading this, that error message - 'You have been banned on this server' - is spelt wrong. You wrote 'your', not 'you')

I also have a really bad bug here. Sometimes I play and this happens...

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Lines.gif139.53 KB

The yellow lines suddenly appear and get in the way - they move around and change for a while, and eventually go away. It doesn't happen often - only twice so far (and that was the same day). Maybe the graphics have gone wrong...? Could that cause both these bugs?

Any help greatly appreciated.

DNA.styx
August 31, 2003, 1:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by sauron_the_deceiver

(You'll notice DNAgames banned me - I honestly wasn't doing anything naughty. Michal, if you are reading this, that error message - 'You have been banned on this server' - is spelt wrong. You wrote 'your', not 'you')
Seems you where hammering at the server when it was full, from the server logs:

81.107.***.*** Requesting game...
~-=[IDF]=-~At0miC returned the Red Flag
[A-T hannibal***] noooooooo
IP number 81.107.***.*** banned for flooding
fraNklin captured the Red Flag

then later:

IP number 81.107.***.*** unbanned

N1nj@
August 31, 2003, 2:18 pm
i think you probably missing the font inside your Soldat directory.

sauron_the_deceiver
August 31, 2003, 3:08 pm
Yeah, sorry about that, I was confused why it wasn't registering...you know, if something doesn't work, hit it with something repeatedly until it does :). Won't do it again, promise.

BManx2000
August 31, 2003, 3:29 pm
Of course, you said yourself once that soldat can sometimes auto-hammer.

palloco
September 1, 2003, 10:58 am
I have the same bugs except the first one you mentioned. It happened few times but only when I had Directx90b (I played few with 8.1 so I do not know if it is due to that.) I have w98 with voodoo3 3000, maybe they are not compatible at all with dx9

NightCabbage
September 1, 2003, 12:34 pm
Bman - that was me :P However he may have agreed with me. Also I haven't seen Soldat auto-hammer in a while, probably since the fix.

palloco - I highly doubt that DirectX 9 has anything to do with this problem.

ok peeps

Soldat's default font for ingame "you have killed someone" is like Arial bold or something, I dunno (not times tho). But the default font for the menu system is Times.

Basically after Soldat crashed, it decided that it didn't want to use the correct font. Not really a bug, providing that after a restart it goes back to normal (which it should).

The spelling mistake has been with us for quite some versions now lol. Oh well, it's kinda funny anyway ;)

About the lines:

They are caused by an issue that I will not expose, as it may be abused, also I ask any of you who know of it not to spread the word... thanx.

Also linked to the lines is just when funny text appears on the screen, quite often in odd places.

Working on a fix with Michal for this one...

sauron_the_deceiver
September 1, 2003, 10:17 pm
What do you mean? The wrong font has been with me for about a fortnight, and restarting hasn't had an effect on it yet...

NightCabbage
September 2, 2003, 1:07 am
Oh alright, so your font isn't registered correctly?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Soldat just in case?

And try installing the font again.

sauron_the_deceiver
September 2, 2003, 2:17 pm
I think I'm just gonna wait for 1.1.6 to come out, and then install that from full.

NightCabbage
September 2, 2003, 2:25 pm
ok but that may be a little while (maybe over a week you never know)

lol - withdrawl symptoms!!!

sauron_the_deceiver
September 2, 2003, 7:38 pm
*Crawls into corner and starts rocking back and forth*

Nighty, I don't suppose you could tell us why its gonna take longer than Michal made out?

NightCabbage
September 3, 2003, 10:28 am
"Great things take time"

I just made that up but yeah LOL

The longer you wait, the better Soldat gets ^_^

eyic
September 4, 2003, 7:51 am
i hope it coems out soon dammit!

NightCabbage
September 4, 2003, 2:14 pm

you didn't read the above statement did you ey :P roflmao