( search forums )
Gordon Maps - Warzone
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Gordon
November 12, 2002, 3:25 am
This was my first map, now it's totally finished and with waypoints too. I hope you like it, it took a lot of work, especially those trees.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Warzone.zip23.41 KB

-GPF

Flanagan
November 12, 2002, 4:28 am
Please obey forum rules and add screens
this is important and I may delete/lock topic that don't follow the rules.

Flanagan
November 12, 2002, 4:34 am
Double Post.

Anyway, decent map, in some areas you have great shadeing (rock platform) other areas you have crappy shadeing (bridge). Nice waypoints and effort. Great trees, I like them as much as I like my own:)

Gordon
November 12, 2002, 2:58 pm
Here they are, the screens, sorry for that, I forgot.

Here we've got a nice tree, I wanted to make more but the object limit stoped me. [:(!]
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Warzone01.jpg20.21 KB

And here a battle on the bridge, I know is kind of ugly but I'm waiting for the next Soldat version to improve it.
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Warzone02.jpg19.16 KB

-GPF

hello3171
November 12, 2002, 4:13 pm
good map

Gordon
November 13, 2002, 8:00 pm
Well, here again, also working on Warzone 1.1, and I wanna know what needs to be fixed besides the Bot Waypoints. Just that, thanks.

P.S: Wait a while, I'm about to release Risks, a high weight map.

-GPF

Ramhu
November 17, 2002, 4:16 am
Dude i put your map in the maps and play it and the screen was black and i could not play it! i had to restart my comp.

Flanagan
November 17, 2002, 4:38 am
Gordon, work on shading the map to make it look smoother. Maybe have the grass fade to dark green as you look further down.

Your scenery useage is fine.

Make the bridge super high detail, because I like the action that happens in that area, and a sweet looking bridge would be good.

Maybe make some structures, like Sniper/Guard towers. Wooden posts, and a a brown poly to stand on. Another alternative would be to make a little cave for shelter. Up to you, this is what I would do to make my map good.

Gordon
November 21, 2002, 4:30 am
Good sugestions, you'll have to wait a while 'cause I'm with some Half-Life maps and can't work on Soldat :( But I'll have news about Warzone, Rocks and the brand new one, Risks.

-GPF

mak89gt
November 23, 2002, 4:02 pm
nice pics, ill try out the map now.....

mak89gt
November 23, 2002, 4:05 pm
hmmmm, i guess u can be a vairy good at creating maps since this is ur first map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!

mak89gt
November 23, 2002, 4:07 pm
i hate being a private!

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
November 23, 2002, 5:01 pm
Ha..ha Mak we all gotta start somewhere