( search forums )
Halo on PC
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
SoldatStriker
September 6, 2003, 6:55 am
It finally being released for PC this month. At one time, Halo was the only reason to own an X-box. What say you guys? Ready and willing to play some Halo or don't give a crap if it comes to PC or not? Post here! :D

Art21
September 6, 2003, 7:15 am
I would definitely get if I had the money! 'Tis nice to see it's coming to the PC, where it rightfully belongs.

that fuking sniper
September 6, 2003, 7:33 am
Bah I played Halo on my friend's Xbox when he first got it with that game, the game is EASY, the first time I touched an Xbox I beat it on heroic myself in 6 hours, the game is fun, but wont make much of a keeper unless they implement a multiplayer feature for the PC version...

Tweak896
September 6, 2003, 8:22 am
man, i love kazaa, too bad people are getting arrested. I may just have to buy this one, but has anyone heard about any halo mod?

NightCabbage
September 6, 2003, 10:15 am
I'm actually kinda looking forward to HaloPC

Bugger the single player mode (lol), that'll be exactly the saem as the XBox version - EASY! :P

Except this time more easy cause of the keyboard and mouse lol ^_^

But the multiplayer should be pretty cool...

They're adding some new things to multiplayer too, which is always good.

palloco
September 6, 2003, 12:25 pm
Hmmm, maybe you will have to pay to play online Halo.

qtR`
September 6, 2003, 6:24 pm
Well im going to get Halo for PC but i'll buy Half-Life 2 first

Art21
September 6, 2003, 6:36 pm
Well, on second thought, Half-Life 2, Doom III, Max Payne 2, and possibly Homeworld II all have higher priorities than Halo, so it could be a while before I get it...

sauron_the_deceiver
September 6, 2003, 6:55 pm
I'm getting it if it will run on my PC (probably not :D), because its worth it. The new multiplayer includes 6 new maps (of which some are HUGE), a Warthog with a triple barreled rocket launcher instead of the LAAG on the back, Banshee jets to fly around (yes, BANSHEES in multiplayer) and the Fuel Rod Cannon too (for those who don't know, the Fuel Rods are the green guns that some Grunts carry on their shoulder, which blow up on the carriers death).

JayBDey
September 6, 2003, 6:58 pm
HL2 will run on

700 MHz PC
128 MB RAM
DirectX 6 Compatable GFX Card

Min. specs from the website.

Chakra
September 6, 2003, 7:12 pm
Only thing I really liked about Halo on the PS2 was the co-operative play through the entire campaign. That made for fantastic gaming. If they added anything to that come its semi-glorious release on the PC I'd definitely give it a second glance.

Indie
September 6, 2003, 7:18 pm
i will just download halo when it comes out cant b arsed 2 buy it i probly get a few viruses trying but oih well better than wasting £30

NightCabbage
September 7, 2003, 5:59 am
gtr - "Well im going to get Halo for PC but i'll buy Half-Life 2 first"

I would expect HaloPC to come out a while earlier than HL2 :P
But you never know...

I reckon I'll buy Homeworld 2.
And Half-Life 2 :)

lol

Camping_Carl
September 7, 2003, 6:13 am
Yea... now there is no reason to get an xbox sept to throw it in the microsoft building with a note tied to it saying "Did not want to waste a brick"

qtR`
September 7, 2003, 2:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by NightCabbage

I would expect HaloPC to come out a while earlier than HL2 :P
But you never know...

Even if Halo comes for PC first I would go Half-Life 2 I dont got that much money right now

enjoyincubus
September 7, 2003, 3:23 pm
quote:Only thing I really liked about Halo on the PS2

When did it come out on PS2? :S

I liked Halo, but I sure as hell hope they're adding something into the game, like more missions...I remember getting hysterical as my friend brought his humongous lunch box...erm, Xbox, into his house and pulled out the shiny Halo disc, and I remember being so priveliged as to put the disc into the drive...then I remember playing all night, and saying "well, I have to go home soon, after we beat this level" and then I remember staring in disbelief as the game was over after that 8th mission...

It seriously needs more stuff...I'm sure it has online capabilities (if it doesn't, then THERE IS NO REASON AT ALL TO BUY IT) and hopefully bots for when my wireless network doesn't want to cooperate with me.

Half Life 2...hmm...Halo...uhhh...I need to see the CD covers to make a decision like that! :P

Enjoy

sauron_the_deceiver
September 8, 2003, 10:55 pm
Halo PC has online capabilities up to 16 players. And with 6 new multiplayer maps. And additions to the multiplayer, such as the new Warthog and the Fuel Rod, and the Banshees. However, I never read anything about new single player missions. It seems to me that Halo PC has been released purely for multi. Hmm.

One thing I want to see is moddable elements to Halo PC. I've heard about modded XBoxes (XHouses) so I presume this will come. I have to say that I think the Halo engine is FANTASTIC. Maybe someone will get onto developing bots somehow.