( search forums )
D3DX81ab.dll
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Miturian
September 6, 2003, 7:55 pm
My computer won't run mapmaker because it says it can't find this file. what to do?

eyic
September 6, 2003, 11:39 pm
try re-installing the mapmaker, and when installing it install it to the folder x:/Soldat/
x = your hardrive, if you didnt do that map maker wont run properly so make sure u dont make a map maker folder coz it will automatically make it..

IM not sure if thats whats causing it just try it ...

NightCabbage
September 7, 2003, 6:07 am
Download and install DirectX 9.0b from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=141D5F9E-07C1-462A-BAEF-5EAB5C851CF5&displaylang=en

eyic
September 7, 2003, 6:45 am
oh now i get it lol, dammit i was too stupidd to actually figure otu that that error was becoz u need directx :(
well bug man has come ot the rescue :)

Miturian
September 7, 2003, 11:15 am
I just dl'ed directx, didn't make any difference. I can't install the 1.15 fix either.

NightCabbage
September 8, 2003, 12:58 am
lol then ur in trouble ;)

and what do you mean you can't install the fix??

It's like a zip file with 2 files in it dude, lol

there IS no installation :)

just copy the files into your SOldat directory after you extract them =D

Miturian
September 8, 2003, 2:21 pm
what I meant was that when I marked the files in the archive and pressed enter, it said that it couldn't do it because I didn't have the above mentioned file, or something like it. though I suppose that's because it was still in the archive.

NightCabbage
September 9, 2003, 1:20 am
You did extract / install didn't you?

Miturian
September 9, 2003, 7:24 pm
in respect to what?

eyic
September 10, 2003, 4:15 am
omg what is this guy :|

Miturian
September 10, 2003, 6:35 pm
I'm me.

I just uninstalled soldat and went and deleted the soldat folder, then I extracted the setup file, and then installed again. The exciting difference is that now the mapmaker folder isn't even there.

NightCabbage
September 11, 2003, 7:09 am
ok.

Step 1: Run the Soldat 1.1.5 'setup.exe'

Step 2: Copy the contents of the 1.1.5 fix zip file into your Soldat folder (it will ask you if you want to overwrite Soldat.exe, say yes)

Step 3: Run the Soldat Map Maker 1.2 'setup.exe', install that to your Soldat directory

Miturian
September 12, 2003, 4:14 pm
so, was the problem that I didn't realise that I had to download it indepedently but kept on trying to use the old version that still was in the folder and had followed with my old version, or what?
thanks for the patience, anyway

NightCabbage
September 13, 2003, 8:16 am
The map maker is not a part of the normal Soldat install.

It's a separate file that needs to be installed :)

Frosty
September 22, 2003, 11:04 pm
I am on a pc where I do not have administrator rights in order to install directx.

Is there any way I can run map maker?