( search forums )
Can't join and request games
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Darksider
September 7, 2003, 9:13 am
I just DL-ded Soldat and I wanted to join a game. I clicked request servers and nothing! Some window pop up that if it isn't my connections fault try again later or what. Is this could be because of I got unregstered ver, or something else. I got Chello broadband connection.

Please help!

Dark_Noddy
September 7, 2003, 10:08 am
Change The Lobby Server !! or get ASE..

open soldat install folder
open lobby_servers.txt
delete the current address
put in lobby.safeland.org
and close and save

Or (And) Downloade ASE @ http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

b00stA
September 7, 2003, 12:34 pm
From the official Soldat homepage (www.Soldat.prv.pl):
quote:
Important! Please update the lobby server address. Especially if you have problems with the game servers list please do the following:
open lobby_servers.txt from the Soldat folder and replace 62.111.129.3 with lobby.safeland.org

There also is the possibility that the lobby server is down, so first replace the lobby server IP and if it still doesn't work, use the program "ASE" (www.udpsoft.com/eye).

N1nj@
September 7, 2003, 3:09 pm
you suppose to clikc requested server list...then double click on the server you want to join and play

BManx2000
September 7, 2003, 4:44 pm
Well, firstly, open the lobby-servers.txt file, and change it to lobby.safeland.org. If that doesn't work, download the All-Seeing eye and use that.

Bah, I posted this first, but cabbage must not have seen it at first.[:-boggled]

NightCabbage
September 8, 2003, 2:02 am
Sorry Cabbage didn't moderate this thread...
Someone beat me to it lol

and BTW the URL for ASE is now

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/

ASE 2 ;)

Darksider
September 10, 2003, 6:20 pm
Thank you guys, but I got another problem...this time, it's not request or join, it's my server...

I create a server and I wait around 5 minutes and nothing! Is it the unpopularity or I got a problem?

(I am a wierd guy huh? :) )

NightCabbage
September 11, 2003, 7:55 am
Have you set Soldat to register in the lobby server and with ASE in the options menu?

Also, if your server lags a bit, people may not want to join it.

And sometimes people just don't join it anyway :P

Texas Ranger
September 11, 2003, 10:37 pm
Try to run a dedicated server, then open soldat and look for your server, if it is not there then check rejister in lobby server, if it is there and it says forwarding client through firewall wen u click on it or somthing then u have to put dont forward clients on soldat setup, then if it still does not work and it says requesting game forever when you try it u need to open your ports on your firewall :)