( search forums )
longer nicknames!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
The Second One
September 7, 2003, 2:29 pm
Theres gotta be atleast 25 marks long nicknames! that 20 or what it is is way too short..!

N1nj@
September 7, 2003, 3:14 pm
ya, i so agree...i think there should be any limit as to the char limit...

i mean, michal did this to make kicking easier right...so you dont have to type long time when you using /kick

but now that we have that kicking system (Esc > Kick Player), we shouldnt have any char limlit...

K
September 7, 2003, 3:43 pm
I can't even think of a soldat-name (with only alphabetic/numeric characters) longer than 20 chars, but if you want a phrase/quote as a name or afwul names (as /.,<:>.|@|@ Jean-Pierre @|@|.<:>,.\ ) yes... than maybe this could be usefull.

So, NO, 20 chars is sufficient (even with huge clantags) :)

Deleted User
September 7, 2003, 3:46 pm
but longer names is sux...

doffencom
September 7, 2003, 4:26 pm
Long names is annoying too. you don't need a nick like "I am the 1337 master of you all and it is true" its lame...

N1nj@
September 7, 2003, 4:27 pm
maybe you have a clan tag...

Social Poison
September 7, 2003, 9:01 pm
Mmmmmm.... I have suggested this. Please look through the board or use the search option before posting a suggestion.

There's a good chance it's been done before.

NuZZ
September 8, 2003, 1:08 pm
jeez, people, stop calling yourself "Im a n00b, please do not hurt me very much", just use your forum names, god... But anyway, im not paying any1 out, just, what on earth is the point!

Michal Marcinkowski
September 10, 2003, 4:53 pm
If you can type: "Arnold Schwarzenneger" there is enough space in the nickname:).

Social Poison
September 10, 2003, 5:55 pm
Arnold Schwarzenneger is one chracter too long [;)]
{B}-SocialPoison-{H} = 20 (max name lenght)
Arnold Schwarzenneger = 21 (counting the space)

Come on... one more character [:D] (cuz then I can put the freaking space back into my name ^_^)

haha

Mr G
September 11, 2003, 12:06 am
LOL at Michal, if what you say is true then there isn't enough space

anyway, at first stance 20 chars seems enough, but a couple months ago i was going by the name of "Mounstro Maldito" and started a clan with a 5 chars tag, so i had to change the nick
so maybe 25 chars would be good

on the other hand, with 20 chars max there are some long messages that doesnt shows in the screen, the solution for this can be to make the messages so one cant write more than he can show

OmniKill
September 11, 2003, 12:27 am
there should also be a higher character limit for the server name. Michal, could u add like 10 more spaces for the server name

palloco
September 11, 2003, 9:33 am
When caballero negro joined ESC he could not use ~|E.s.C|~ caballero negro . Now imagine Arnold in ESC

Michal Marcinkowski
September 11, 2003, 4:13 pm
Arnold Schwarzenegger fits perfectly. Did you try to type it?

Maybe I have a better solution to this. Why not make another space for typing your clan name (like 5 chars. I didn't see anything like this in any game though). Than if the name would be too long to fit it would cut the clan name and only show the name. But I think it would fit in the console and probably in the players score list always.
Maybe even make a field for entering your country code?
What do you think?

Social Poison
September 11, 2003, 4:19 pm
Sounds like a good solution to me ^_^

swanofnever
September 11, 2003, 5:32 pm
hey,
i think both those ideas are awesome, micheal!

my name ("Connection Problem") is one of those stupid long ones -- it would be nice to be able, at some point, to join a clan..

raigan

Mr G
September 11, 2003, 9:57 pm
whoa, no wonder how michal could do this game, he has great imagination

SILENT
September 12, 2003, 2:45 am
indeed michal, good solution...

I cant fit my full name either, i would like to put a little more splass in my name. This should be in 1.1.6 indeedly doodly [;)]

NightCabbage
September 12, 2003, 4:27 am
But the actualy length in pixels would still be limited or it would still be too long...

So it would end up cutting it off all the time :P

Omorpheus Hunter
September 12, 2003, 2:40 pm
Hmmm, I think a Clan Tag system would solve most of the problems. Like this, there would be a special place to put your Tag although only 3 spaces, so no weird things to put with your clan tag. To separate the Tag from the name, the tags will look like...

(MHX)Omorpheus Hunter
or...
[MHX]Omorpheus Hunter

Now, here is the tricky part. It would require for Clan Leaders to register there clans at a site. If someone trys to put that tag in their name, they would need a password that would be given when your clan is registered... This would also prevent people putting on other clan's tags when they were never recruited...

Although, this probably wouldn't be so soon. So maybe it could be long term project? or something?

Thank You For Your Time ^_^

...And if you are a Clan Leader and wanna challenge MHX to a battle, E-mail me At Omorpheushunter@msn.com

BeTeL
September 12, 2003, 3:27 pm
swan of never... so YOU are connection problem? then hi:D

qazwertred
September 12, 2003, 8:35 pm
Nothing prevents people from stealing clan tags right now. Registering isn't needed. But its a nice idea.

<EDIT>
I doesnt mean that clan tag stealing is a good idea.

LiL_FuKa
September 13, 2003, 9:55 pm
Having unlimited char would give losers a right to flood servers bye leaving their names something like "iiiiiiiii suuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkk yoooouuuuuuuuu kkknnnnnnnnooooooowwwwwwww whhhhhhhaaaaaaaatttttt"

NightCabbage
September 14, 2003, 6:15 am
The idea is to just increase the character limit, not to make it unlimited :)

Coz, yeah, that would be bad ^_^

CardBoardWarrior
September 15, 2003, 8:57 pm
well maybe he could make it unlimited, then when it longer than 25 chars it would be shortend
name (just an example) : i am the 1337e$t of all of you and i r0x0rz
thats 43 chars i think
in games it would show like (if it was biggger than 25 chars or somthin): i am the...and i r0x0r
thats 22 rite there...if u get the concept it will just put 3 dots in the middle of your name and make it shorter...good idea u think?

NightCabbage
September 17, 2003, 4:16 am
No, because there's absolutely no point it having a long name if no one can see it! lol :)

There needs to be a limit, and 20 fits quite well.

An increase of 5 would be the MAX that would work well.