( search forums )
Gordon Maps - CTF - Rocks
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Gordon
November 12, 2002, 3:15 pm
This one I'm very proud of, and took much more work than Warzone. Hope you enjoy it, it has WP too.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf1.jpg53.18 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf2.jpg53.17 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf3.jpg50.45 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Rocks.zip31.29 KB

-GPF

Pege
November 13, 2002, 1:12 pm
Wow! Looking good!

Theres still one but: Darker colors might suit the game better.

Apro
November 13, 2002, 3:00 pm
Well well well... It's Pege from the TapanKaikki forums [:D]... But about the map... Looks fine in the pics. Have to download. I'll update this post when I have played this.

UPDATE!: Ok played the map with the bots and man this could be a good map... Could... You need to work on the bot waypoints. Not much... Basicly I got annoyed by the blue bots coming from the tunnel just started to jump up and down instead of coming out. Oh and the waypoints at the middle space needs working too. Bots get stuck to some corneres and you could "polish" some corners anyways... Now they are too edgy (for example the edge to right from the red base). Oh and the Blue Flag disappeared after I played a while. I think it disappered behind the one small corner piece to the right, witch you have forgotten to compile. Also there is one small and annoying hole on one of the middle cliffs and bots kept falling in it. You have done good job with the shading. I loved to play it against the bots as you can butcher them galore [:-devil]! Work on it. Play it, see what's wrong, fix it... Repeat until you think that everything is perfect. And please do it fast, 'cause this map ROCKS (heh)...

zene
November 13, 2002, 3:12 pm
Looks cool !

Gordon
November 13, 2002, 7:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Apro
Well well well... It's Pege from the TapanKaikki forums [:D]... But about the map... Looks fine in the pics. Have to download. I'll update this post when I have played this.

UPDATE!: Ok played the map with the bots and man this could be a good map... Could... You need to work on the bot waypoints. Not much... Basicly I got annoyed by the blue bots coming from the tunnel just started to jump up and down instead of coming out. Oh and the waypoints at the middle space needs working too. Bots get stuck to some corneres and you could "polish" some corners anyways... Now they are too edgy (for example the edge to right from the red base). Oh and the Blue Flag disappeared after I played a while. I think it disappered behind the one small corner piece to the right, witch you have forgotten to compile. Also there is one small and annoying hole on one of the middle cliffs and bots kept falling in it. You have done good job with the shading. I loved to play it against the bots as you can butcher them galore [:-devil]! Work on it. Play it, see what's wrong, fix it... Repeat until you think that everything is perfect. And please do it fast, 'cause this map ROCKS (heh)...

Is there anything good on the map? :D Just joking, thanks for the review, right now I'm working on Rocks 1.1 with all the thing you said fixed, better fading, the tunnel problem, and a lot of problems. But I need to ask you pictures of where the bots got stuck, 'cause It doesn't happen to me. Well, anyway, befor I go, I've got to tell you, play it against humans, and you'll se how good is this map :D. Also I'm looking for another texture, time will tell. And be patient, I have 5 maps to fix.

-GPF

Apro
November 14, 2002, 10:37 am

Well everything that doesn't annoy me is good, so yes there was a lot of good in it. Here is a one screen showing bot and cliff problems:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Errors.JPG50.22 KB
The red circles are examples of bots getting stuck. The lower red circle shows a bot that has fallen to the "hole" I was talking about. The upper red circle shows a place where blue bots fall and get stuck to the wall (common waypoint problem with blue bots). The green circle shows the "un-compiled" polygon. The arrow points a cliff end, where blue bots sometimes just start to camp, 'cause they can't get down. And yes I maybe should have mailed this to you rather than write to the forums [:-bonc01]...