( search forums )
Clay pidgeon shooting
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
September 8, 2003, 6:37 pm
Yeah...I know, strange idea, but it just kinda sprung on me so hear me out.

It could be for one player only, where pidgeons are shot high into the skies at varying angles and at increasing speeds. It'd pass the time for 10 minutes surely...

Or, it could be a teammatch style game, taking turns, or firing together to see who hits it first.

Annnnnnnd once everyone's bored of it, they could shoot the crap out of each other again, or find out what happens when a clay pidgeon impacts a torso mid-flight.

So. Dumb unnecesary uncared for 'thing', or interesting quite nice like-to-have game mode ?

Tha Doggfather
September 8, 2003, 7:38 pm
hmmmm sounds fun (for some minutes prolly), but theres always duckhunt. ^_^

morpheus
September 8, 2003, 8:25 pm
i go skeet shooting on occasion, and it's pretty fun (irl) but in soldat i think the novelty would wear off pretty quick. granted, it probably would be a good way to sharpen your shooting skills depending on which gun you use, but not all guns are designed to be used in skeet shooting because of range differences and arcs.

Joy Division
September 8, 2003, 9:35 pm
Yes, that will be a good gamemode. And you should be able to modify the pigeon-image file :)

Good thinking, Chakra, a gamemode where you finally can't whine about the 1 hit/1 kill - weapons... , mr ruger.

BeTeL
September 8, 2003, 10:03 pm
hmmm... i really like shooting other players more... so i decline to this idea

IRRiTANT
September 8, 2003, 10:53 pm
lol! clay pidgeon shooting with the LAW or M79! Fun!

TSP G-Unit
September 9, 2003, 12:52 am
thatd be pretty tyt, i think id get tired of it soon tho. i know there should be pigeons flying around in normal mode(ctf,deathmatch,etc.) lol....its an idea...

?
September 9, 2003, 1:34 am
its a great idea for training, i think this idea should be used

Frosty
September 9, 2003, 1:49 am
Why not just train with bots?

Dragon88
September 9, 2003, 2:03 am
they're too easy to hit. We need to sharpen our shooting skills, not just spray with an MP5.

Gaah
September 9, 2003, 7:42 am
Why clay pigeons? Why not real ones. Hardish to kill. In a new game mode they fly around the arena and you get points for killing them. Or maybe just a tag mode where 1 person is "it" and they get points for each kill they make. Then when they get killed the person who kills them gets points and goes "it". Ehhh?

Social Poison
September 9, 2003, 10:33 am
I've got it!!

A clay pidgeon launcher that shoots up dead bots!!

*everyone's happy*

NuZZ
September 9, 2003, 12:17 pm
Yeah maybe just someplates or something.