( search forums )
AMD rocks
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
palloco
September 9, 2003, 10:05 am
Now I can affirm that AMD is better than Intel.
AThlon FX was tested as better than Intel even in Quake.
Athlon 64 is coming out at 23rd so you can prove it at the same time than Soldat 1.1.6 :). But only 64 computers will be avalaible, or so said in google news.
Look the chipset for motherboard:
http://www.via.com.tw/en/k8-series/k8t800_bn_k8sq.jsp
Audio 7.1
Audio 7.1 !!!
7 satellites? Wow, no home program has that performance...well no home program but Linux can take all benefits from 64 bits.

NightCabbage
September 9, 2003, 1:03 pm
Yup, I deal with the darn things a helluvalot, and now always cringe when someone says those fateful words:

"I would like you to build me an Intel system"

eeeeeevul!

AMD all tha way =D

(lol until someone else comes up with something better anyway ^^)

Hercule Poirot
September 9, 2003, 1:56 pm
AMD RULES!!! :)

Tha Doggfather
September 9, 2003, 3:52 pm
sigh, yet another AMD - INTEL discussion :) anyway, i still prefer intel, more stable and stuff.

palloco
September 9, 2003, 4:42 pm
Why are you saying that Intel is more stable and stuff?
I had seen many times that Intel computers crashes a lot. But I do not really think there is a difference at crashing in both chips. That depends on the motherboard (and obviously in the programs).

NightCabbage
September 10, 2003, 10:43 am
Well, generally both systems are pretty stable. I have never seen an AMD system die because it's an AMD system, but a have seen a few Intel systems do this... Not many though, but man AMD still thrashes Intel overall right now.

eyic
September 10, 2003, 10:48 am
i got an amd athlon xp, and its [:-censored], somtimes it restarts it self, just like that! and its fregin 2.0ghz and the fans fregin huge and pwoerful, my fregin computer sounds like a vaccum cleaner

NightCabbage
September 10, 2003, 2:10 pm
lol, you have a very bad set up then :P

Mine never crashes, never gets hot, never stuffs up =D yay for my compy haahahhaha

palloco
September 10, 2003, 3:01 pm
eyic, had you checked for incompatibilities? What is your conf and OS?