( search forums )
Bug Report
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
fass
September 9, 2003, 3:40 pm
Hey guys, I've got this really annoying bug that makes me unwillingly jump when I'm proned on the floor... It usually happens when I'm on edges of the screen (I.E my base). WHAT'S GOIN ON???????

Dark_Noddy
September 9, 2003, 3:48 pm
Do U mean Like U just bouns up from the Ground still in prone position ? In that Case its Lag.. It U get a bad Lag kick (BADASS lag over a short period) U jump in prone pos 10 feet and then fall down again..

N1nj@
September 9, 2003, 9:15 pm
you cant jump when you are prone.

you can only jump when you are standing.

RDrull
September 10, 2003, 5:43 am
I think thats not a bug. I had that too it always happend to me on a slow server.

NightCabbage
September 10, 2003, 10:02 am
It's not lag, it's a bug.

When your Soldat is prone, it can still slide, and sometimes the movement system gets confused and gives you upwards velocity. Generally when you're prone on a hill sliding down...

LiL_FuKa
September 10, 2003, 10:55 am
That's never happened to me on a fast server. If it is a bug then it's got to be lag that causes it.

BManx2000
September 11, 2003, 2:04 am
No, it always happens when you are prone and there is a lag spike (the game freezes for a second). And it seems that the longer the lag, the higher you bounce. Beleive me, I snipe all the time, and it always happens on a laggy server. Of course, it could be a lag-bug, but it definitely is associated with lag.

NightCabbage
September 11, 2003, 7:52 am
hmmmm, ok well it's probably a bug cause by lag then :P

I've only ever seen it on servers with very low lag, but then I have barely seen it at all.