( search forums )
Campaigns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
bornacorn
September 9, 2003, 5:18 pm
You ould have a target, like ( if vehicles are ever iplemented, which I am feeling neutral about ) destroy the convoy, or assasinate/capture the General.
People should be able to create their own campaigns too, for their mods

Dragon88
September 9, 2003, 5:45 pm
Dude, this is not the first time this kind of game mode has been brought up...

BUT IT WON'T WORK!!

That's simply not the way that Soldat is designed. Give it up.

doffencom
September 9, 2003, 5:53 pm
yeah yeah dragon. Sure.. Anyhow first of all .. making a convoy and make it move is difficult to make for a map maker I guesses..

sauron_the_deceiver
September 9, 2003, 6:16 pm
Instead of this, you could have it as a revamped infiltration mode, which I support. However, I know nothing about coding so I'm not sure on the difficulty of implementing this. Presumably hard...

Mr G
September 9, 2003, 9:10 pm
an online campaign? where an amount of people join to kill the big bada$$ boss?

i dont know... i dont like it...
we better stick to the actual modes [^]

BTW: why there aren't any pointmatch servers? it is one of my favorites!

Cookie.
September 9, 2003, 9:27 pm
or maybe like a single player mode where it would be like u vs 3 snipers trying to reach a point in the game like really hard missinos and stuff :D like u vs vietcong yes lol but should be implemented in 1.1.7 :D

LiL_FuKa
September 9, 2003, 10:13 pm
Soldat is fun because of its simplicity, no need to make things more complicated then they have to be, just kick ass and have fun.

Leave missions and all that crap to other games.

NuZZ
September 9, 2003, 11:01 pm
Im perfectly natural about this idea... Just know that it could easily be imlamented, look at Splinter Cell on gba, you play missions and its 2d, so what are half of you going on about!?

Deleted User
September 9, 2003, 11:42 pm
yeah... bornacorn... i have a suggestion... why you dont creat a campaing with map maker??? you creat the caipaings... :p

Social Poison
September 10, 2003, 1:11 am
[url="http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/search.asp"]
-=ENLIGHTENMENT=-
[/url]

SimdroneX
September 10, 2003, 4:03 am
This wouldn't be hard to incorperate at all, but I don't feel that it is necessary. If you want a normal platformer get Abuse, or a ROM or something.

bornacorn
September 10, 2003, 9:46 am
swatdeath, I can't make a campaign without a new editor that can make them

LiL_FuKa
September 10, 2003, 10:28 am
He's got a good point there, now that I look at it again maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have campaigns and what not.

eyic
September 10, 2003, 10:33 am
campaigns wouldnt be bad, but it wont fit soldat, coz then soldat wont be a "2d Multiplayer Shooter" it would then turn to a "2d Shooter" and i dont like that :P
so i think i'd rather stcik to soldat how it is now, even though i used to think single player really would own..

BruceAlmighty
September 16, 2003, 9:17 am
yeh- i like the idea of missions cause ive never played a 2d multiplayer with a campaign but i like soldat as a simple shoot'um up with minor changes (ctf, ift).
It might work though.

ClanKwH
September 16, 2003, 1:20 pm
Hey hey hey! if u can put Vehicles in cs u can put them in soldat too

sauron_the_deceiver
September 16, 2003, 10:47 pm
How long has CS had vehicles?!

Social Poison
September 17, 2003, 1:36 am
About as long as n00bs have been suggesting the same over-suggested thing in the Soldat forums.