( search forums )
Jumping backwards
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CbbLe
September 9, 2003, 5:38 pm
would be fun if you could jump backwards...would add more strategy to the game in 1vs1's and also make it abit harder for the barret users.

Something like in Worms style...I don't know.

zebbe_01
September 9, 2003, 9:17 pm
you can allready jump backwards??

Mr G
September 9, 2003, 9:19 pm
...but... you can jump backwards already... it is slower than jumping forward tho

Cookie.
September 9, 2003, 9:30 pm
like diving back words and like shooting forward and cool stuff like that id like to jump real fast backwards and run up walls too :D

RDrull
September 10, 2003, 5:02 am
Lol to much Matrix ha? Lol How can you jump fast back words? Tell me!

NightCabbage
September 10, 2003, 8:54 am
Cbble - do you mean how you could do a high backflip?

CbbLe
September 10, 2003, 9:08 am
yes cabbage

?
September 10, 2003, 8:57 pm
weren't you able to jump backwards back in teh day? but yes i think this is a great idea especially if your ruunig in a tunnel with the flag =)

Optik
September 10, 2003, 10:03 pm
yeah even if you would you can only jump few feet backwords which in other case forewards you can jump like 15
if u would implement it it just wouldn't make a big diffrence... unless you added inair flips and i don't mean the oens you can do now jump off a clicp and roll before youjump so you get rolling in air lol

NightCabbage
September 11, 2003, 7:05 am
Play Worms Armageddon or seomthing, then press Backspace, and your worm will do a backflip :)

BeTeL
September 11, 2003, 7:22 am
a backwards jump should be great for flaggin and shootin

eyic
September 11, 2003, 10:07 am
lol, so many weird suggestiosn tese days :|

Mr G
September 11, 2003, 10:31 pm
you mean rolling in the air while jumping backwards?

then i wouldnt do that, because it would mess my AIM

BruceAlmighty
September 16, 2003, 9:12 am
i agree, i dont like running with the flag in tunnels cause its hard to fire back and run quickly.If you could jump back it would allow for better escapes/fun.

IDF-RIPsta
September 16, 2003, 4:54 pm
Since this issue has been raised, I would like to mention that the normal backward jump is not functioning properly. The jumps are not as far as the jumps forward, probably on purpose, but this was not the case in previous versions.

Anything that makes the soldier movements more agile, do not change.

juice _ box
October 11, 2003, 10:41 am
Bump* I want Backwards Jump. NOW >:O

Dark_Noddy
October 11, 2003, 7:05 pm
LOL ! This Idea Is BAD.. Dunno Why I Thought Of it.. I just visioned it in my head... Doing backflips with a Mid air (If U jump again and is are rite pos) Wal kick :D That would be cool.. At least it seemed like a good idea at the moment.., 2 morro I might think It suxed.. Hahah..

that fuking sniper
October 11, 2003, 7:31 pm
Hehe, I'd love backflips in Soldat, just like worms, it would help you get over some places without having to jet...

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 11, 2003, 7:41 pm
Well I think that jumping backwards (not flips) will be fixed next version.

NightCabbage
October 12, 2003, 3:18 am
Still, a high backflip would be fun =D

Backspace in worms :P