( search forums )
Forum Viewing Suggestion
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
escapedturkey
September 9, 2003, 11:10 pm
I think it'd really help here is to make it so the forums can be seen by all but posting limited to registered users. That way TWL (www.teamwarefare) and other future potential players can see all the activity here and realize how popular and big the community is for this game. It'd be a selling point. I noticed I couldn't read any of the forums until I registered.

mr_bob
September 9, 2003, 11:24 pm
i really dont like that idea its stupid i like it the way it is cuz then the server would always lag and be hard to read

escapedturkey
September 9, 2003, 11:34 pm
Do you want to see the game grow or do you want to see it diminish? Simply letting others read the forum would make the game expand, they could get more money and put the forum on a faster connection. Think about it for the long run.

mr_bob
September 10, 2003, 1:08 am
yes if even one who reg on the forums paid for it then yes it would make money but its free and the only person who gets money from soldat is michal and thats only 9 dallors which digtial candle takes a part of and then taxes and then michal gets the rest and i would only say he gets about 3 to 5 dallors a game maybe more but i dont think less

and the only way dnagames gets money is from its own stuff and donations from forum members and if stxy ever reads this i dont think they get much from donations

and it really wouldnt make the game grow
(u can explain that if u want)

Frosty
September 10, 2003, 1:41 am
I think this is a wonderful idea. I have joined many message boards and gotten involved in many communities because I browsed through open forums before.

I say make the forums visible for all!

escapedturkey
September 10, 2003, 1:42 am
Grow as in brings more attention to itself - gets more players, more registrations, more money.

Believe it or not, the conversation we are having, and many of the conversations I see in this entire forum, are above average in intelligence for gaming discussion. I think it would be good for new players, and people who just want to check out the game's community to see all this. It could easily double, triple, or mulitply more the amount of interest in the game.

Kamikaze_Ninja
September 10, 2003, 1:54 am
but there should be certain threads blocked from the public such as DNAGames topic in which it has the password and other such threads in which it could have more ppl who are unregistered in the games server. so i agree as long as cerain threads are blocked.

mat
September 10, 2003, 3:14 am
The question is dna can handle it or not... I think it is only a technical issue... the forum lags already a lot... I know that it would be a lot better, and u wouldn't see a whole lot of ppl registering only to view, but it needs a lot more bandwith.

DNA.styx
September 10, 2003, 8:43 am
quote:Originally posted by escapedturkey
I noticed I couldn't read any of the forums until I registered.
That's the way Michal requested that the forum be set up, I never questioned his logic in that.

NightCabbage
September 10, 2003, 10:13 am
Yes, the only issue is whether or not Michal and Styx want it.

I'm quite happy with whatever they decide.

eyic
September 10, 2003, 10:36 am
yeh same here, i think the main reason that u gotta register for the forum is to keep n00bs who just learned how to turn on their computer out of the forums..