( search forums )
Waypointing a CTF map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
eatingjimmy
September 10, 2003, 11:33 am
Hey I'm trying to waypoint a CTF map, and was wondering, with the directions, do I have to tell the bots to go both ways or just one way? I've looked at other maps and it looks like I just gotta lead them to the other teams flag. Is that the case? Do the bots, once they have the flag, go straight back to their base? I'd appreciate some advice. And if anyone needs a map tested, let me now[:D]

Darac
September 10, 2003, 11:46 am
use path waypoint path one for the red team to go to the blue flag and path 2 for the blue team to go to the red flag. if the red team gets the blue flag then the bot will follow the blue teams waypoints (path 2) back to the red flag. ect ect.

btw most ppl test there own maps lol! :P

eatingjimmy
September 11, 2003, 10:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Darac
use path waypoint path one for the red team to go to the blue flag and path 2 for the blue team to go to the red flag. if the red team gets the blue flag then the bot will follow the blue teams waypoints (path 2) back to the red flag. ect ect.

btw most ppl test there own maps lol! :P

Cheers Darac!
I wondered if that was the case or not. I thought that maybe once the bots had the flag, they just went back to the base by some basic instinct or something. So thank you very much for clearing that up.
And I know most people test the maps themselves, but hey there's nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism/praise.