( search forums )
Experience-based serverstat system?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
pyth
September 11, 2003, 5:50 pm
The current server-stats systems are not satisfying me.

I was thinking the other day of a stats-system based on experience. IE. each kill you get xx amount of experience. same goes with flag captures, returns.

The kills would be based on the victims exp. so if you kill the top player on the stats, you get more exp than if you would kill the player with no experience at all. And same goes with deaths.

If you get killed by a guy with high experience, you dont loose as much experience as if he would be a lower ranked player than you.

The more experience you have, the higher rank you get. Like:

Private
Corporal
Sergeant
Lieutenant
Captain
Major
etc....

Also awards would be giving a small amount of experience.

What do you think?

I'm not a programming-master. I know quite alot, but don't think i got enough skills to complete this task. Anyone feeling in the mood of putting a team together and making this come true?

I wanna hear all the good sides and bad sides in this. Anything I've forgotten?

Frosty
September 11, 2003, 8:36 pm
Maybe if this was tied to the accounts.

Kind of like the account levels in Warcraft 3.

pyth
September 11, 2003, 9:01 pm
maybe. but that would be unfair to the unregistered players, wouldnt it?

Frosty
September 11, 2003, 9:11 pm
No. Just another benefit of registering.

pyth
September 11, 2003, 9:23 pm
hehe, well i would rather see it as a "stand-alone" feature in that case. :)

doffencom
September 11, 2003, 9:49 pm
no no no no. SOme idiots will just kill and kill and kill untill they got lots of score and everyone will be major. its just annoying.

Social Poison
September 11, 2003, 10:39 pm
Not exactly doffencom.

First off the numbers could be adjustable by an admin, so if all of a sudden we have a million Majors, we bump the required kills/playing time/record.

OR

Your rank is based on your win/loss percentage. Granted right from the start we'd have lots of Privates and Majors...

Hrm...

Have any of you played the arcade version of Soul Calibur II? There's something called conquest mode where you build up a character over time by playing. In that game your rank is determined by two things:

Number of games played and win/loss percentage.

IE

Golden Edgmaster of the Dragon
Golden - A Very good win/loss precentage (but not platinum)
Edgemeaster - (over 1000 games played)
of the Dragon - Can't remember...

But you get the idea. And with that system there were VERY few (1 in my school) who had Platinum Edgemaster of the Dragon (highest rank, I believe)

koil
September 11, 2003, 10:44 pm
i dont like the idea basiclly, but if it will implent, i think its should be :
number of kills:number of deaths.
like, if you get 3 kills per death (random number), you will be major (random rank).

but still, didnt liked the idea.

pyth
September 11, 2003, 11:43 pm
yeah, something like that poison.. :)

wormdundee
September 12, 2003, 12:19 am
haha, yeh i just got Soul Calibur 2 a couple days ago so im only a Golden...err...Duelist? no, that aint right...it was something past Combatant and Duelist at least, maybe a warrior? pfft..

anyways, i think this is cool idea, but only if it goes like SP said

NuZZ
September 12, 2003, 10:22 am
Yes check out battle.nets scoring, love that ay, they have ladder for the accounts, its quite simple, if you kill a noob, u kill a n00b, that should just encourage people 2 play better.

Optik
September 12, 2003, 11:40 am
yeha bnet system is the best around heh i think taht would take kinda a lot of coding and first of all we would need nick registration for that cause then it would get really messy and we would need other types of extended logging too