( search forums )
Water
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Darac
September 13, 2003, 12:45 pm
i posted this about a yeah ago and about 10 ppl said yes! great! What a good idea! but its still not in the game. i know it would be hard to do but still... think od the possibillities!

n/a
September 13, 2003, 12:58 pm
want water too

Hitman
September 13, 2003, 1:04 pm
Water would be cool, yes! great! What a good idea! lol

TIR_Blade
September 13, 2003, 3:34 pm
the netcoding would havta be upgraded alot for the current versions to be lag free and for water to have low lag.

BManx2000
September 13, 2003, 3:53 pm
Why would water cause lag?

TIR_Blade
September 13, 2003, 4:00 pm
because it would be sortof seethrough and when u jump in he would probably add the effect of splashing. Also swimming in it would be hard to do. And if it does work it would cause lag. Notice how over the new versions of soldat its become more laggy. That's because new things were introduced. Depending on the effect of those things would determine how much lag it would cause.

Dark_Noddy
September 13, 2003, 4:05 pm
U can Do Like this: MAke Polygons.. (Or Scenery) At least untill U can get the Real Thing..

[IMAGE] Test1.zip376 GB

doffencom
September 13, 2003, 5:08 pm
yeah ... But water wouldn't have to splash in the first place, just like a slow fall in it. could make underwater maps too!

?
September 13, 2003, 5:36 pm
yeah but what about teh soldiers breath, i don't think they are fishes =/

b00stA
September 13, 2003, 5:37 pm
How could the ability to swim make Soldat lag? Does Soldat lag because you're able to MOVE?

Water splashing, waves etc. are VERY hard to realize.. it really sounds sweet but it's a lot of work.
But polygons that are transparent and as soon as your feet are "touching" it you move slowly and if your whole body is behind it you start to swim.
Of course the bullets slow down if they're going through water polygons.
but dynamically moving water is impossible if you think about it.. polygons and water particles.. o_O

sauron_the_deceiver
September 13, 2003, 8:54 pm
Yay for water. Thats all I can say.

LiL_FuKa
September 13, 2003, 9:36 pm
Yeah and to make it even cooler you could add little boats.... *awkward pause*... Or not. Heh.

IRRiTANT
September 13, 2003, 9:40 pm
lol! Boats! Errrrrr Maybe not! But water yes!