( search forums )
spas-12 gun change
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
BeTeL
September 13, 2003, 3:55 pm
the spas-12 is in real life a automatic shotgun... it takes 2 seconds to shot all shots...

i think the spas will be more automatic like dont new to click to shot another shot and increase fire rate alittle.

TIR_Blade
September 13, 2003, 3:58 pm
ehh he's not basing it ALL on facts. He's gotta also even it out u no

CbbLe
September 13, 2003, 4:58 pm
yea, real life jetboots are commonly used I've heard.

?
September 13, 2003, 5:32 pm
heck I have a pair of jetboots

Chakra
September 13, 2003, 5:57 pm
I ain't used my jetboots for years since I got my propeller umbrella. Incidently, on saturdays I dress as Mary Poppins.....

sauron_the_deceiver
September 13, 2003, 8:52 pm
LMAO at all ^ those three.

I think that the Spas should fire a bit faster. It seems too slow now.

that fuking sniper
September 13, 2003, 9:24 pm
Well if the spas fired all 7 rounds in 2 seconds it wouldnt be too balanced now would it? not everything thats in real life has to be implemented.

LiL_FuKa
September 13, 2003, 9:29 pm
Yeah, I also heard that in the new version of soldat coming out, the range of the spas is going to be increased so that it starts spraying a bit further on.

BeTeL
September 13, 2003, 10:22 pm
i said increase aLITTLE... not to 2 sec to empty it! read the WHOLE post dammit

eyic
September 14, 2003, 12:26 am
the spas needs to get a range increase definately..

SAilor
September 14, 2003, 12:58 am
Would like to have the buckshot in the spas to be changed with slugs instead.
Better range for the spas would also be nice.

el_simpsons
September 14, 2003, 2:42 am
observation 1: in soldat, the ruger, fires as fast as the SPAS-12.
observation 2: ruger kills in 2 shots, and has a longer parabolic trajectory than SPAS-12.
observation 3: a ruger is a semi-auto rifle, and the shell casing from the previous firing must be maunally ejected as well as the next round having to be manually chambered, by means of a bolt that is pulled back and then forward, much like any other semiauto sniper rifle.
observation 4: the SPAS-12 is semi-auto shotgun, pump-action OR gas-operated, meaning that the shell casing from the previous firing must be manually ejected as well as the next round having to be maually chambered, by means of the pump on the underside of the barrel.
observation 5: having to move you hand from the trigger on the rifle to pull a bolt is slower than having a hand alreayd under a shot gun move foreward that back.
question 6: why does the SPAS-12 fire so slow?

observation 6: the idiot who said the SPAS-12 is automatic is indeed an idiot. automatic indicates that a weapon will keep on firing until the trigger is released or the ammo supply is depleted. the SPAS-12 fires one round per trigger pull, putting it in line with the semi-auto family of guns.

observation 7: buckshot should fly pretty dam far, else shooting birds with a shotgun would be pretty dam useless. perhaps the
shot load should be increased to more than just 6 pellets, as well as a greater spread and longer range, to make it more like a... shotgun.

peemonkey
September 14, 2003, 2:57 am
they are called automatic shotguns. a non-automatic would be a over-under or side-by-side like elmer fudd has. quit throwin your words. are we supposed to be inpressed with your knowledge? damn private better shine my boots.

?
September 14, 2003, 2:58 am
hey this isn't mail call from the history channel just say if you think its a good idea or not =/

el_simpsons
September 14, 2003, 3:03 am
wow peemonkey expresses his thoughts from his conceited world again. if the SPAS-12 was automatic, what would we call seomthing like the jackhammer or the USAS-12? a truly-really-honest-to-god-automatic-shotgun-that-fire-more-than-one-shot-per-trigger-pull? a black powder rifle is just as semi-automatic as a beretta handgun or... a SPAS-12. oh and wow, i'mma fuking private because i don't spend my life on these boards? oh yesssir lieutenant sssssir!

sqweek
September 14, 2003, 8:16 am
I reckon the spas is pretty nice as is. I think the ruger's firing rate ought to be slowed a bit though, it was already one of the most powerful weapons before it's recent boost.

sauron_the_deceiver
September 14, 2003, 10:40 am
I think anyone would choose the Ruger over the Spas, even before the Ruger had a boosting.

Maybe the Spas could have a few mores pellets...as it is now, it doesn't kill at point blank, which it should.

Social Poison
September 14, 2003, 11:19 am
ehm... Peemonkey... simpsons just ripped you a new one (but I'm sure you didn't need to be told that).

He's right.

There is a big difference between an automatic weapon and a semi.
Auto - hold down the trigger and unload the magazine
semi - one pull, one bullet/shell

Provided Simpson's descripton of the real life SPAS is correct, it does function as a semi-automatic weapon, and is therefore a semi-automatic shotgun (though that's kind of a redundant statement). Automatic shotguns would unload everything with one trigger pull (I think what you may be thinking of is a lot of bond games have auto-shotguns that function in single shot mode and a burst or auto mode).

btw... an automatic shotgun? FFS the kick would be crazy and anything within about 50 feet of you (in the front) would be very very messy.

------------------------

now shine MY boots, Lieutenant

------------------------

note: I'm pretty sure the barret is an automatic weapon IRL (or at the very least it's a semi-autmatic [and not bolt action]) so it would fire much quicker than it does. But we really don't need that, now do we?

sauron_the_deceiver
September 14, 2003, 11:46 am
SP: You REALLY shouldn't have made the point about the Barret...

LiL_FuKa
September 14, 2003, 12:05 pm
Umm if the Barret could fire any quicker than now it would be absolutely unstopable!

el_simpsons
September 14, 2003, 10:17 pm
yes, social is right. *sigh*
the barret(the one in soldat) is a recoil operated, semi-automatic firearm. when gun is fired, the round exits the barrel and the gun recoils, unlocking the bolt automatcially. As soon as the bolt unlocks, the accelerator arm strikes it back, transferring some part of the recoil energy of the barrel to the bolt to achieve the reliable cycling. then barrel is stopped and the bolt continues back, to extract and eject a spent case. on its return stroke bolt strips the fresh cartridge from the box magazine and feeds it into the chamber and finally locks itself to the barrel. the striker also is cocked on the return stroke of the bolt. this essentially means that (realistically) i could fire the barret as fast as or even faster than 1 round/second. though also realistically, accuracy would be piss poor and the recoil amount of recoil would be insane...

BManx2000
September 14, 2003, 10:37 pm
Simpsons might be right about automatic vs. semi-auto, but I think you are wrong on one point: You say "a blackpowder rifle is just as semi-automatic as a beretta handgun". Eh? I thought semi-automic meant you can fire multiple bullets by simply pulling the trigger multiple times. And anything else, be it a bolt-action rifle or whatever, is not in any way automatic. I think the fact that you need to manually load a new bullet somehow disqualifies ANY gun from being called "semi-automatic". Doesn't the very word "automatic" imply that something is done for you? Of course, I don't know much about guns, but this just seems like common sense to me...

el_simpsons
September 14, 2003, 11:01 pm
blah...
your both right and wrong...
i was wrong by saying a blackpower rifle was semi-auto--its not. however handguns are, and so are...
some bolt-action rifles are classified as semi-auto, some aren't... not quite sure why...

BeTeL
September 15, 2003, 6:40 am
hey simpsons u forgot the observation 8,9,10 and 11

observation 8:spas dont got long fire range and are good at shooting enemy b4 they shot u if u learnt
observation 9:spas can kill on one shot if u can use it right
observation 10: spas is perfect cleanup weapons bc u can kill n00bs b4 they even hit u (multiple)
observation 11: the idiot who said spas is not automatic is really a idiot[^]

ometeotl
September 15, 2003, 9:58 pm
you mean the idiot who said the spas is automatic is an idiot? (i hope)
and about the barret,if the rate of fire of the barret was true to real life and the same about the recoil (its a Fifty calliber rifle for crying out loud, its not exactly a hand gun) the army traing snipers to take their eyes aaway from the telescopic sight, cause the thing has the recoil of a 12 gage shotgun. wich brings us back to the spas 12. the spas 12 uses the same short recoil principle of the barret, making the recoil less than what it should be, also, the use of buckshot amunition is banned by the geneva convention, therefore it would be kinda cool if the game did the same (but then again snipers are concidered inhumane acording to the same convention, but everyone still employs them)

CardBoardWarrior
September 15, 2003, 10:12 pm
lol...worth reading through that unnessesarily long explanation of a barret it was funny

BeTeL
September 15, 2003, 10:12 pm
is it cool to follow the real life rules? then the flamer must go for inhuman killing weapon

ometeotl
September 16, 2003, 1:14 pm
good point, forgot about that...

el_simpsons
September 17, 2003, 12:00 am
spas can't kill in one shot... not in normal neways... (ok, maybe 1 in every 20 shots every single pellet will hit your nme's head, dealing 120% dmg... but otherwise...) and i don't play nubs... try not to...

BeTeL
September 17, 2003, 6:25 am
i can drain the odds to 1 on 10 anyway[^]

and okay... if u dont play with n00bs... u will have a hard time playing anything

ometeotl
September 17, 2003, 7:56 pm
with a buck shoot from close range( and i dont mean shooting at somebody in foot or arm, even tough it might rip the limb apart, i mean in the torso, pelvis area),you WILL die, not necesarily instantly but i mean, you have about 15 little lead (lead is slightly poisonous by the way) balls in your body, imagine the amount of internal bleeding??? youll die eventually.........and even if you get help, getting all pieces of the buckshot is something quite hard to do. specially cause you have to move to get help, imagine little metal balls scraping the you insides everytime you breath, every time you move a limb, the muscle get torn little by little by the friction of those balls against you muscles.