( search forums )
problems with running soldat online!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
dasbestos
September 13, 2003, 4:16 pm
Well hello there. I can't play soldat online anymore! After about 30 seconds, I keep getting this error message: "access violation at address 004d20a9 in module 'SOLDAT.EXE'. read of address FFFFFFFF". The message keeps popping up and popping up and not even ctrl+alt+del or anything like that works, I have to turn the computer off. Anyone got any ideas? I've tried re-installing but it keeps happening. Strangely, the one-player mode against bots seems to work fine. I've tried running it without anything going on in the background but no dice. It used to work!! wah.

Deleted User
September 14, 2003, 2:16 am
That same thing is happening to me, its weird, it only takes about 10 seconds for mine to get that error though.. Hmm this is strange. Perhaps someone out there can help us?

SNIPH

NightCabbage
September 14, 2003, 5:51 am
Ok, well there's a few things you can do to try to fix this problem.

Firstly, reinstall DirectX 9.0b
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=141D5F9E-07C1-462A-BAEF-5EAB5C851CF5&displaylang=en

Secondly, reinstall video drivers
nVidia - http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
ATI - http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver.html

Thirdly:

Steps to solve access violation problems:
1. Uninstall soldat
2. Install soldat 1.1.5 + fix
3. Delete the file 'cmodule.dll' in the 'windows\system32' folder
4. Delete the file 'dxlog.chk' in the 'windows' folder

Tell me if that works :)

RDrull
September 14, 2003, 5:57 am
Cabbage should get some kind of aword for hellping people:)

LiL_FuKa
September 15, 2003, 12:42 pm
Yeah very good advise cabbage I hope they appreciate your efforts. Not many people would go through so much trouble just to help out. Good on ya [;)]

dasbestos
September 16, 2003, 9:10 pm
aha! i managed to fix it. what you do is:

1.uninstall soldat
2.install soldat
3.delete the file cmodule.dll in the winnt\system32 folder
4.delete the file dxlog.chk in the winnt folder

what happens is it's an anti-hack thing. you know on the terms and services malarkey it shows you when you start-up the unregistered version? well, it has a built-in anti-hacking device which, if the files are tampered with, stops you getting online to play after a while. it makes these two log files which prevent you from running the game. deleting these resets the whole thing.

from the looks of things, a lot of people seem to be having this problem when they run other programs (instant messengers etc.) but personally, i downloaded something called a 'trainer' which i thought was just that, something which would train you, but of course it was some sort of cheat hack. ironically it didn't even work!!

NightCabbage
September 17, 2003, 9:04 am
Wow, that fix looks familiar ;) lol
eg. look up to where I posted :)

But thanks anyway, everyone's help is always greatly appreciated.

Glad you got it fixed ^^

And yes, Soldat's anti-cheat can sometimes pick up on incorrect programs.

Trainers = hacks, cheats.

I believe you downloaded the 1.0.5b trainer, which had once spread to the point where it was spoiling many a Soldat game. It will not work with 1.1.0+, thankfully :P

dasbestos
September 19, 2003, 4:19 am
lol yeah, i noticed that right after i made that entry. have they managed to figure out how people are still cheating? i know a lot of the time when people survive multiple rifle shots it's down to lag, but sometimes it's hugely suspicious, usually with the same players. is there any way to report suspicious players?

NightCabbage
September 20, 2003, 1:05 pm
It still comes down to lag.

I know what you mean though.

Sometimes someone will take in WAY too much, even when you hit then dead on, but, that's life lol