( search forums )
Deployable weaponary: stationary guns part 2
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
F842
September 13, 2003, 5:17 pm
Ok, so stationary guns are in. Horaay! however, I think that a great tactical (and realistic, if you like) element in the game would be deployable weapons. This entails a weapon choice of a heavy machinegun or mortar, would be carried to where it is needed by the player, but it cannot fire until it is deployed, which takes a few seconds. Once deployed, it has a 250 round magazine and above average mowing-down capapbilites. This would promote teamplay very well, as a team would cover its MG man until he was in place, as he is vulnerable until onsite. Once in position he can provide great covering fire for his teammates. It works well in theory, and in other games.

F842
September 13, 2003, 5:18 pm
oops, the 250 round an mowing applies to the heavy MG, not the mortar..... obviously...

koil
September 13, 2003, 5:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by F842
This would promote teamplay very well, as a team would cover its MG man until he was in place, as he is vulnerable until onsite.

no. this would promote camping, slow gameplay, waste of crucial time, and too much trust with ppl you didnt even get to play with before.

RDrull
September 13, 2003, 7:21 pm
not so cool I dont really like this idia

Cr4cK
September 13, 2003, 8:02 pm
me 2! but i didnt understand a [:-censored] cuz i didnt read!

Hitman
September 13, 2003, 8:48 pm
Um...haven't you read the Topic on Mortors? I like the Idea of Mortors but although I was for Staionary Guns before they were implimented, I think that they are really S**t, and I think deployable stationary guns would make it even worse.

Think about it, it would be a Noob's paradise, stationary Guns where ever they want, that would suck!

sauron_the_deceiver
September 13, 2003, 8:51 pm
With development, maybe. But just maybe.

LiL_FuKa
September 13, 2003, 9:42 pm
Nnnnnaaaahhhhhhh!!

qazwertred
September 14, 2003, 12:32 am
I like the idea of deployable stat guns.

F842
September 14, 2003, 5:43 pm
well thanks for the feedback. I guess it wont be put in in the near future then.

NuZZ
September 15, 2003, 7:08 am
Hove you guys noticed that all noobs make it as simple as ever, "I like the idea of deployable stat guns." lol, and noticed experienced?
"no. this would promote camping, slow gameplay, waste of crucial time, and too much trust with ppl you didnt even get to play with before." heheh i just thought id bring that up :/

Yes it could use alot of work, but the thing is, it must suit the game, and even it out. It couldn't be 2 strong of weak, and etc.
Thats the problem with some of the weapons, they don't add up 2 each other. EG: M79 - Barret... Have a gess?

BeTeL
September 15, 2003, 3:38 pm
this whould kinda bring new options of spawnkilling but it will be a good defense gun as well... thats whatya got SGs for...denied...

Mr G
September 15, 2003, 6:56 pm
that looks like Infantry, anyone played it?
but infantry is a more tactical and slower action game, these types of ideas dont fit soldat

qazwertred
September 15, 2003, 6:58 pm
What make u think im a noob?