( search forums )
annoying coloured rectangle
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Miturian
September 13, 2003, 6:25 pm
I just reinstalled soldat, mapmaker & fix to sort out a problem where it wouldn't run any maps that contained ropes because it then reported that it couldn't load the texture c:\soldat\scenery-gfx\rope.bmp. Well, anyway, that problem's gone now, but instead, every time some sort of info is given(like that some player has captured the flag or likewise) a large rectangle in the colour of the text appears out of nowhere in the place that I assume the textbox resides(you know, the box where you write the stuff you wanna say). It appears and disappears with the info.

SpecialK
September 13, 2003, 6:31 pm
I want to see a screenshot of this, just for the malicious pleasure...

NightCabbage
September 14, 2003, 5:41 am
My guess is that now you have a font problem.

In your Soldat folder is a font called 'bgothl.ttf' - Bank Gothic Light BT (TrueType).

First of all, make sure that it's there. If it's not then try uninstalling Soldat, deleting the folder, and then reinstalling Soldat again.

If it is, well try doing that anyway :P lol

When you reinstalled Soldat, did you install it to a different directory?

Miturian
September 14, 2003, 9:49 am
I didn't. it's still c:\soldat

About the screenshot: that would require me to get it hosted somewhere, right? well, I don't have any webspace...

anyway, bgothl.ttf is there, but I'll reinstall anyway...

Miturian
September 14, 2003, 9:57 am
ahh, but now we're back to "error loading texture: c:\soldat\scenery-gfx\rope.bmp", and the rope-file isn't missing.

NightCabbage
September 15, 2003, 12:32 am
You can upload files to the forum directly.
First click on the "Reply to Topic" link just above the quick reply. The click on the paperclip at then upload your file.

This problem seems to be dominating the help forum right now...

Can you please give me the stats of your video card?

eg. Brand, Model, Memory