( search forums )
Weapon system switch about
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sauron_the_deceiver
September 14, 2003, 12:10 am
1) The Desert Eagles are switched to just one gun, which is powered up a small bit. I also think that the weapon drop should be smaller, as the power of an Eagle would make the bullet fire straighter. I think this would fix the power of the Eagles, which seemed to have been used more lately. And if you keep on reading, you'll see this is not as bad as it seems.

2) Certain weapons should have the ability to be doubled. Say you were walking around with an Eagle, and you stepped one that had been dropped, you would pick it up and have the classic Desert Eagles. This should affect the Desert Eagle, the MP5, the Uzi (see below), the SOCOM and the Knife

3) Another 5 - 10 weapons could be brought in, and then the server could choose which 10 (or less, depending) would be used in the game. Some of these weapons could be: an Uzi (suggested by Cbble and a very good idea), a Six Chamber pistol of some variety (like a Raging Bull, or Magnum), an M4A1 (or M203 - see bLaStErs topic), maybe a deployable heavy machine gun (see F842s topic) and maybe some of the better ideas of the 'post your weapons ideas here' topic (I don't dare touch that thing).

4) Maybe another 4 Secondary Weapons, using the same server-select system as the primaries. Some of the included could be: a Katana (this one goes out to you, Kamikaze Ninja) and maybe some weapon upgrades, like underslung grenade launchers (see M203), scopes, underslung flashlight/torch (if the night fighting element is implemented - but thats another story) and weapon stabilisers for added accuracy when crouched (not when proned though...that would be hell with campers)?

Note: I know weapon set ups could get complicated for clanmatches - sensible hosts could use all the original weapons for coherency.

I know these ideas are radical, but before commenting PLEASE read through it all and think about it. And if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all. Spamming a load of sh*t isn't helping anyone, and it clogs up the topic.

I'll edit these ideas due to different comments by forum users.

peemonkey
September 14, 2003, 1:33 am
im for it 50%, but only if soldat gets really [:-censored]in tweaked out with custimazation shtuff in 1.1.6. if there isnt much change, then i believe the games should stay the same for now. or not. whatever.

Kamikaze_Ninja
September 14, 2003, 1:49 am
Katana!!!! ^_^ hehe thx Sauron for that and it would be nice to have new weps as well. I also like the dbl gun idea (dbl knife would be sweet for me) and that's all i think i have to say.

NightCabbage
September 14, 2003, 6:05 am
A new weapons selection would, of course, be nice :)

Your suggestion reminded me of Liero lol

sauron_the_deceiver
September 14, 2003, 10:26 am
Yeah, but I didn't steal the idea from it. You've only just reminded me Liero is like that =D.

Kami: Thanks, I didn't think of the double knife (editing post).

peemonkey: I'd like it if you told me what you are against and why.

LiL_FuKa
September 14, 2003, 10:42 am
Sounds good to me, I like the idea the you could start out with one eagle and be able to pick up another. This would deffinately make the game for interesting and exciting, cos you never know if your enemy will have the upper hand or not.

I also like the idea of 2 knifes, I've been using the knife-throw more and more lately (sorry to copy you kamikaze ninja)

Maybe in the 1.1.6 they could improve the knife-throw distance?

bLaStEr
September 14, 2003, 11:08 am
OMFG I LOVE THIS IDEA lol[:D]

I had this same Idea though *I was just going to post it [xx(]

NuZZ
September 14, 2003, 3:55 pm
Have I not told you guys befor, Cabbage! I HATE LIERO! THE GRAPHICS JUST LOOK 2 CRAP! It allmost gives me little worm nightmares (NO not where I start scraching my ass). Arg! Maybe if they made the game 3d and got rid of half the weapones, it could be a nightmareless game 2 know! BUT I DON'T WANT 2 KNOW IT TILL THEN!
For this topic now:
Yes + Yes and yes, I haven't read it all but basicly yes on half of it. If you don' undersetand whhattd iii ammdh tallkming anbbout. YES!

Gaah
September 15, 2003, 1:14 am
maybe not only double knives, but better throw arc. cause when throwing long range, it's pretty hard to hit people. maybe something to fix that. Maybe you can throw ur chainsaw? and if anyone steps on the dropped chainsaw, they get cut up a bit. but chainsaw stays on ground for small amount of time...

Camping_Carl
September 15, 2003, 4:39 am
Leiro was nice. man... dont dis

LiL_FuKa
September 15, 2003, 1:07 pm
Good idea with the Chainsaw, maybe that will equalize the knife and the Chainsaw once again. Obviously you would be able to throw the Chainsaw as far as the Knife but still it would stay on the ground for longer and could injure people if they step on it.

sauron_the_deceiver
September 15, 2003, 5:09 pm
The way I see it: (I'm doing this on a point scale type thing)
Knife
One hit kill = 2 point
Stabs instead of continuous = -1 point
Lethal Knife throw = 1 point

Chainsaw
Not one hit kill, instead kills in about a second = 1 point
Has a (albeit small) reload = -1 point
Continuous attack (up to the reload) = 1 point

This means that the Knife has 2 points, the Chainsaw has one. Giving the Chainsaw a throw would equal it, but giving it a 'booby trap' type effect after it lands would give it another point, meaning the Chainsaw would be better. If anything, just give it the throw.

Mr G
September 15, 2003, 6:54 pm
seems to me like you are powering some weapons and others no
and i dont like that [V]

sauron_the_deceiver
September 15, 2003, 8:04 pm
Mr G: Yes, I'm definetely powering some weapons. But imagine if the M79 was boosted up (back to its 1.0.5b status - you might not know about that) then all weapons would be balanced, because the only one not boosted would be the Barret, and we all know why THAT is.

N1nj@
September 16, 2003, 10:18 pm
yes, i so agree with you. deagle need to step down, when i mean step down, i mean NERFED it.

and please, forget the DOUBLE deagle. what kinda gun is that.

just make it single deagle and i will be a happy camper :P

Grit
September 16, 2003, 10:42 pm
mhmh, i used to play Unreal tournament, also with single gun, and when you found another one, you got 2 guns. COPY PAST

CardBoardWarrior
September 16, 2003, 10:58 pm
Great ideas!!! all of joo

sauron_the_deceiver
September 17, 2003, 4:56 pm
No flaming as of yet....yay for me!

(Don't mind me, I'm just getting this topic up to the top of the forum again)

Mr G
September 18, 2003, 1:10 am
oh if you put it that way then, HELL NO!

j/k :P

it's okay, tweak the weapons to make the game funnier [^]

sauron_the_deceiver
September 20, 2003, 9:57 pm
*bump*

Optik
September 20, 2003, 10:54 pm
DEs are way too powerful tahts all i gotta say :P

Happy Camper
September 21, 2003, 2:33 am
Ninja me to!! *bump*

sauron_the_deceiver
October 9, 2003, 4:25 pm
*Random bump*

I was in the neighbourhoos of the fifth page of Game Improvements =)

3rd_account
October 9, 2003, 11:15 pm
The only thing I agree with is the Uzi. Oh and there should be secondary fire for all guns instead of a ton of new ones.