( search forums )
Please help, I can't run Soldat!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Element_101
September 14, 2003, 10:40 am
I get an error message when starting Soldat v1.1.5
'Error loading texture: C:\SOLDAT\WEAPONS-GFX\MINIGUN-CLIP.BMP'

This error can be avoided by running the game in 'Force Software Graphics' mode. I think it's some kind of hardware problem.[V]

My graphics card is a 3DFX Voodoo Banshee PCI 16MB, DXDIAG reports it to have only 15MB[xx(]
I'm using Win98SE

Any solutions would be much appreciated, thanx. [:D]

Illspirit
September 14, 2003, 7:30 pm
Run soldat config
look for some unticked box labeled "force software graphics"
tick it.

NightCabbage
September 15, 2003, 12:30 am
Note that software mode does not work for most computers.

I have no idea why lol

Element -

Make sure you have DirectX 9.0b
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=141D5F9E-07C1-462A-BAEF-5EAB5C851CF5&displaylang=en

And does your banshee have drivers that support DirectX 9 and thus Direct3D that Soldat uses?

Or is it limited to Glide?

Also, the problem may well be that your video card simply does not have enough memory.

Element_101
September 15, 2003, 5:10 am
I already ran force graphics and yer It didnet work.

The thing it that it usedto work with the same comp and the same 3d card until we fomated it and put windows 98 back on. also we tryed to put windows 2000 back on it but It wouldnt go back on.

NightCabbage
September 15, 2003, 5:20 am
What version of DirectX do you have?

Also, can you tell me what drivers you are using for your card?

Element_101
September 15, 2003, 9:03 am
Yep I sure can

DirectX Version: 9.0

3D Card driver: vb-w9x-figs-1.0 4.00

Element_101
September 15, 2003, 10:41 am
Also we found that we dont have directX 9.0b we have 9.0a would that make any difference.

Can you get the directX 9.0b update with out having a connection to the net on the comp cause our comp that were trying to get soldat working on dosent have the net can any 1 post a link

NightCabbage
September 17, 2003, 9:15 am
Direct X 9.0b Redist (full version - not net connection needed):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A6DEE0DB-DCCE-43EA-87BB-7C7E1FD1EAA2&displaylang=en

And hmmmm, drivers for the banshee are sparse to say the least ;)

http://www.voodoofiles.com/4451

Try that, it's compatible with DX 8, you never know, might be worth a try.

And you said you had it running with Soldat under win89 before, then you formatted and it stopped working?

Can you figure out if anything is different than it was before?

Element_101
September 17, 2003, 2:40 pm
I cant really thnik of any thing thats changed ummm nar nothing soz

do ya recon I should put windows 2000 back on it?

Im still downloading dircetX 9.0b Im hoping that will do somthin and maybe the new 1.6 version will fix up this problem

NightCabbage
September 18, 2003, 10:37 am
Well, it would be interesting to see if it worked under win2k without any tweaking, but not win9x.

Are you using the same drivers as you were when Soldat was working under win9x before?

Element_101
September 18, 2003, 11:01 am
When we fiest tryed to get soldat working we used the same drivers that we were using before but when that didnt work we tryed getting some updated ones - still no luck.

I finished downloading DirectX 9.0b - same error message
and I tryed that new driver you posted - still no go.

Hitman
September 18, 2003, 12:55 pm
I think that if it says 'Error loading texture: C:\SOLDAT\WEAPONS-GFX\MINIGUN-CLIP.BMP' it means that it is missing that texture, this might be a stupid question but have you tried reinistalling the game?

palloco
September 19, 2003, 7:33 pm
Try erasing MINIGUN-CLIP.BMP.
If still you have errors copy another file of that path and paste with the name MINIGUN-CLIP.BMP.

Element_101
September 23, 2003, 11:16 am
Sorry guys no go The reason I took so long to reply to this is because I was on holdays any way

I tryed installing and that didnt work and its not the actual minigun clip file thats the problem I looked around the forums and found that people that are having the same problem are having it with a different file usally another texture.

I think when night cabbage said that It has some thing to do with the game trying to load all the textures on to the graphics card he was very close to the answer but I have no idea what the the solution is or any think.

palloco
September 24, 2003, 11:00 am
Try using different drivers.
With my Voodoo 3 the latest driver makes that some games that before run well do not work, and with intermediate dirvers I got some texture problems but some games that did not run with the original driver started to work.

Michal Marcinkowski
September 24, 2003, 12:02 pm
Only changing drivers can help the Voodoo cards with Soldat.

NightCabbage
September 24, 2003, 12:40 pm
Element, try looking around the

http://www.voodoofiles.com/type.asp?cat_id=1&Sort=ClickCount&Orders=DESC

site for some 3rd party drivers that work. There's gotta be SOMETHING there lol