( search forums )
Gun Attachments
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
BruceAlmighty
September 15, 2003, 7:07 am
I was thinking, mabye adding attachments to your weapons could make soldat a better game.
Like, after 20 kills you could get a grenade launcher on the end of you weapon. Or mabye a knife on the end after 5 kills. This could make the game alot more custom/unique.
Im just throwing out ideas. Ive always thought that making a game more customizable makes it better and more fun to play.

CbbLe
September 15, 2003, 9:46 am
I kinda like it, stuff that can be in:
silencer (for mp5, aaug)(no real function..just cool)
Bayonette(knife) (for ak, aug etc)
extra scope (for rugers and such)

Avskum
September 15, 2003, 11:55 am
as long as its only visual..

but uuh, maybe we can live without this

Tha Doggfather
September 15, 2003, 3:42 pm
wouldnt be fair to other people that join later in the game, would it?

sauron_the_deceiver
September 15, 2003, 5:18 pm
I think attachments would be nice. I'd like them as extra secondaries, or maybe make a 'Tertiary' set of items with them all in.

Scope: All rifles - can only be used crouched or prone.
Lasersight: All guns - the sniper line, except selected in game instead of options. This would free up space in the options menu, and would mean you could select it on and off in game =)
Silencer: All guns - Would bring a bit of stealth into the game. Not much effect...maybe if someone was firing a gun with silencer just to the left of your screen (for example), you couldn't hear it. And when they did come on screen, you could only hear the 'zip' of a silencer instead of a proper 'blam'.
Bayonet: All automatics but the MP5 - Instant kill butt hit.

Some of this might promote camping, but I don't think the numbers will drastically increase. I hate campers in all modes but Inf and CTF, but I think I'd sacrifice it for the coolness of a scope on a Minimi, running towards the blue base then rolling into a crouch and overwatching the area with your scope =D...

Mr G
September 15, 2003, 6:42 pm
you could make it for kill streaks
you kill 5 ppl withou dying and you get a scope/silencer/whatever, then when you die and respawn you are normal again, the longer the streak the better the bonuses

CbbLe
September 15, 2003, 7:31 pm
or maybe you can earn this things when u get a masta killer or something..the bigger thing - the better stuff

SERIAL KILLeR
September 15, 2003, 7:41 pm
Sounds like nice ideas.
would it keep it till the end of the map or untill u die or maybe aa certain amount of lives(depends on how many kills in a row?)
would it be all weapons or only the one you were using?

sauron_the_deceiver
September 15, 2003, 8:01 pm
Soldat setup if this is added:

[] Survival mode
[] Realistic Mode
[] Kill Bonuses

Get my drift?

CardBoardWarrior
September 15, 2003, 9:03 pm
hmm maybe i guess.... i think the bonuses things originally discussed would be tyte
maybe determined by total kills, or killing streak and after u die u lose it all IMO

BeTeL
September 15, 2003, 10:16 pm
i think this will get us vets higher advantage over them n00bs[^] so i dont really like these things... i think we can have a third meny for wargear... scope,bulletproof,silencer and maybe sum extra great nades or mines