( search forums )
A daliberate OFFLINE lag system
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
NuZZ
September 15, 2003, 7:39 am
Well... When your just "Training" offline, there is no lag, but of course, there will be on multiplayer. What if there was a daliberate lag syestem to make it as if it was lagging, I was playing 1 day when, silky's friend said the lags good practice.

1.Lag system(option lol)
2.Set lag amount in secones/set template lag statistics.eg: Red circle/green circle.
3.offline :/ (or online, donno the point of that tho)
Resault:
Better at aiming when lag prone.

Social Poison
September 15, 2003, 8:59 am
I never thought I'd see the day where someone was requesting lag.

Hell has frozen over.

The Seahawks will win the Super Bowl
Bush will get elected to a THIRD term after a sweeping win for the second*
Public schools in the US will TEACH students instead of baby sit them.

^_^

*Yes I know this is constitutionally impossible
-----------

btw Nuzz... all of the pictures you have (Avatar and the ones in your sig) have been broken links for seme time now.

NightCabbage
September 15, 2003, 10:45 am
he's right you know...

your pictures don't work ;)

lol

But I know what you're getting at with the simulated lag thing.

On that note, it would be nice if the server experienced as much lag as the actual players :P muhahahahaha

eyic
September 15, 2003, 11:15 am
i like nuzzes idea and i agree it would be good practise :D
hey NC what nuzz is tryign to say is that, eh wants a lag system while playign against bots u know jsut practisign OFFLINE, or what eva and u would have the option to turn the lag system on an off, and this system should only work if u set the server to be a lan server :)

this lag system nuzz is requesting would be really good practise for multiplayer playing...

well atleast i think thats what he wanted :)

NightCabbage
September 15, 2003, 11:26 am
Yes, that's indeed what he is saying.

All I meant was "On that note..." in addition to the offline lag, with the exact same system server lag could be created, and thus evening the field a little :)

sauron_the_deceiver
September 15, 2003, 5:27 pm
This means you'd have to have a option in the .bot files for their average lag...erk, this'll get complicated.

SERIAL KILLeR
September 15, 2003, 6:11 pm
There is a way to create lag:
Start a dedicated LAN server on your computer and then start soldat and join your dedicated server (one the same computer).It lags for me when there are 7+ bots and i have an P2 128mb RAM

Dragon88
September 15, 2003, 11:27 pm
well, the problem with this could be that if someone forgot to turn the option off (or *gasp* turned it on intentionally), and went online u have real lag and the fake lag.

NuZZ
September 16, 2003, 12:40 pm
lOL damn i donno y my pics don't work, they showing up fine for me :/ this is insane ! Im gunna die!
Bush will get elected to a THIRD term after a sweeping win for the second* etc etc, hmm wonder y(eyic u are write i am talkin bout that)

Cr4cK
September 16, 2003, 12:59 pm
haha! i nice sig!

BManx2000
September 16, 2003, 3:04 pm
Obviously, the simulated lag would work for offline matches ONLY...:P

DeafBox
September 16, 2003, 3:53 pm
U can have my lag if u want, no charge. :)

IRRiTANT
September 16, 2003, 7:40 pm
lol, and mine! But seriously, that is a good idea, I think it would be awsome if you could set the ammount of lag in milliseconds.

Frosty
September 16, 2003, 7:44 pm
I think this is the worst idea I have ever heard.

BManx2000
September 17, 2003, 12:02 am
And why is that, my bloody parachuting friend?

Frosty
September 17, 2003, 1:34 am
Intentional lag.

It is a contradiction.

Kamikaze_Ninja
September 17, 2003, 1:59 am
No Frosty, the point is so you'd be more accustomed to lag (for training) so when you play online you're more used to it if you can't get online.

CardBoardWarrior
September 17, 2003, 2:44 am
Well i never ever have lag, so i think its pretty dumb.

And nuzz, i dont know but ive always seen ur pictures even now, maybe its just my comp, but whatever.

Mr G
September 18, 2003, 1:49 am
why dont you just train online?

Kamikaze_Ninja
September 18, 2003, 2:04 am
well maybe they have a 56k and can't stay online forever or too high of a ping.

NuZZ
September 18, 2003, 7:29 am
Yes thaTs right, funny that you just come up with a idea sometimes... I wasn't experienceing much lag at the time anyway.
---
CardBoardWarrior, I tried 2 fix my pic, so you probably have seen them now that they are fixed, but anyway, what operating sytem do you guys run... Not really important i just wanna know, for kinda a little self servey... for myself..
---
I am on OS: Windows XP PRO

NightCabbage
September 18, 2003, 10:53 am
Did you mean what OS do we all run?

I'm on winXP right now.