( search forums )
Direct X problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Morphin
September 15, 2003, 8:44 am
Can someone help me? Each time i run soldat it says that my Video card doesnt support Direct X 8.0 and that it will be run in software mode.. but i have direct x 9.0b installed.. and when it runs in software mode its not fullscreen and laggy and all.
But when i run the setup, soldat find my videocard and there are no probs there..
so whats wrong?
I have:
1,2 ghz
256mb ram
Gforce 2 mx 400 64mb (so what is wrong???)

Element_101
September 15, 2003, 9:43 am
Hum I have this problem some times to what I do is in the setup for soldat just turn on some things or turn off some things like Full Screen, Dithering and Antialiasing It workes fo me.

SERIAL KILLeR
September 15, 2003, 11:54 am
try turning off antialiasing with config.exe

Morphin
September 15, 2003, 3:44 pm
By the way, i installed Soldat 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 but those gave the same error...

Morphin
September 15, 2003, 3:48 pm
or is it Windows ME ?

RDrull
September 15, 2003, 5:40 pm
Ask NightCabbage about this problem http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=4326

NightCabbage
September 17, 2003, 9:40 am
Hiya Morphin

First of all, you have Direct X 9.0b, good.

Second, you're running Windows ME - that's not a problem.

Thirdly, what drivers are you running for your GF2?

You should be running the latest Detonator drivers from nVidia:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_45.23

Try that, and see if it works.

Also, as the very helpful people above (^_^) said, try playing around with your settings in config.exe (Soldat Setup).

Element_101
September 18, 2003, 11:29 am
Some times I get this error message I usally fix It by taking off antialiasing dithering, running the game in full screen or restarting the compter

Morphin
September 20, 2003, 3:47 pm
Ok .. i have now Win 98 with the newest gforce 2 driver (like i had on Win ME) im gonna try to play a little with config.exe .. because i get the error now too on win 98...

Morphin
September 20, 2003, 3:53 pm
I'm going mad.. i still get the error with dithering, atialiasing and full screen turned off.
But antialiasing shouldnt be a problem.. my video card supports 4x antialiasing..
I never had problems with soldat when i had Win XP, but since i got Blaster.worm i havent been able to reinstall win xp.

NightCabbage
September 21, 2003, 10:37 am
Well, you can format your computer then put winXP on. No virus can live through a format :P lol

Make sure that you don't have a virus, however, coz that could cause some problems...

OK, well

You now have Windows 98
You need to install DirectX 9.0b
And the newest Detonator drivers (did you get your current ones from the nVidia web site recently?)

If you are still having problems, with all of this working, then something strange is happening.

You have a very standard video card, should run fine. Does it run any other games that require hardware 3D acceleration?

Morphin
September 28, 2003, 2:33 pm
The only game i can run at the moment is Dungeon Keeper 2, so im going to totally format everything and start all over.. maybe that wil work..
thnx anyway :)