( search forums )
Where'd the Flag go?!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
LiL_FuKa
September 15, 2003, 12:38 pm
I've noticed that sometimes when I play CTF games and I'll be carrying the flag back to base It vanishes! I'm not sure but usually it happens when there's an explosion or something, could it be like when you lose your hat or something? Is it supposed to happen or is it just a bug[?]

Dark_Noddy
September 15, 2003, 1:41 pm
U mean U can Clearly see U grab the Flag and Start Running.. When U get back and return from "Run For Ur life and Kill Whatever" mode U realize the flag is gone ?
I think its Lag.. Lag occours with BAD explotions.. At least more lag... hehe
Happend to me more than 1ce.. SuX ass !

CbbLe
September 15, 2003, 4:11 pm
yes it happens to me also and is really annoying.

RDrull
September 15, 2003, 5:25 pm
I had that happen to me to but I think its a slow connection server or somthing. I also hate when that hapepens. Or just maybe some fags using a hack. [:D]

Zingo
September 16, 2003, 4:20 pm
It´s a bug. It never been so on the older versions....

LiL_FuKa
September 17, 2003, 9:29 am
Dark Noddy- Yes I actually see the flag in my hands and it actually says "LiL_FuKa captured the Blue flag!" or whatever.

Anyways thanks for replying guys, at least now I know I'm not the only one that it happens to.

NightCabbage
September 17, 2003, 9:33 am
Yup, it's a straight out bug that's generally attributed to lag.

No cheats, hacks, whitchcraft, just a bug :P

And yes, it IS annoying.

2 forms of annoyance:

You have the flag. You're hanging around your base, which is swamped by enemies, but then, suddenly, you see your flag! A little blue cloth of hope on a stick! You decide to run for it, risking your very life. Just as you're about to cap the flag, and win the game, it dissappears and someone shoots you. "Red flag returned". Game over.

OR

You are on the offensive. You run into the enemy base, guns blazing, with no care for your own safety. You blow a few guys away, sweep in, grab the flag, and you're outta there! You arrive back at your base, run over your flag. But - there's no message! Then, a look of horror crosses your face as you realise that you do not have the flag. Now everyone is laughing at you because you just said "gg losers, we pwned you all! You suck!".

lol ^_^

LiL_FuKa
September 17, 2003, 9:37 am
Yes that has happened, that's exactly what happens! Also sometimes I've scored in games and it doesn't count it in my final score. It only counts my kills! So it makes me look stupid for saying "w00t! I scored twice[:p] And then, not have any flag points.

NightCabbage
September 17, 2003, 11:35 am
lol, yes, that no point for caps bug can be annoying too :P

I still think that the caps and the kills should be listed separately tho ^^